Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

The bottom pic was zoomed a bit but I wonder what Chris and Jae talk about. I really think these two are the glue holding the entire ship together.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with this. Dario uses his body to keep others from swarming in for offensive boards like the Bucks did tonight. He would have helped tonight, for sure, but without him available we had an uphill battle.

Dario would have helped. The Bucks crashed the glass relentlessly against the Hawks. Suns needed another big body to bang and give fouls.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And that Cam dunk happened on the rim in front of me. Best dunk I have seen live since Dan over Manute. And neither were a charge IMO!

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a glorious dunk. Too bad in a loss.
On a brighter note, Cam displayed some scary athletic attributes in this game. Obviously, that dunk, but his head almost hit the backboard on the up and under, reverse lay-up. I don't see that very often. I knew his athleticism was underrated, but I didn't know he had all of THAT. We're talking different tier, different ceiling, for him as a player if he has that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah man you’re going to have to show me video of that bc I’ve watched the bucks the entire playoffs and that’s not who Portis is. He’s a post, energy, offensive putback and 3 guy. He’s not a driver. He’s not a slasher.
How do you think he gets to the rim for put backs? He moves without the ball. He is a high energy guy who crashes the boards. I never said he is going to take you to the rim off the dribble. Show me a single game where Dario has had success with guys that move alot. Just one.

Wait, so your solution if they have giannis and Lopez is to not have anyone taller than 6’8 cam Johnson? Lol. Okay that’s doomsday.
What are you talking about? Who said that? I didn't say anything close to that. I said there is only one scenario where Dario does anything against the Bucks. You need to have two guys out there when Giannis and Lopez are in the game. Your best match up is Ayton/Crowder. If Giannis is out there by himself there is no scenario which you want Dario covering him. If it's just Lopez that is the best matchup for him.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On a brighter note, Cam displayed some scary athletic attributes in this game. Obviously, that dunk, but his head almost hit the backboard on the up and under, reverse lay-up. I don't see that very often. I knew his athleticism was underrated, but I didn't know he had all of THAT. We're talking different tier, different ceiling, for him as a player if he has that.
It makes me wonder why it’s locked up. Eddie wonders a lot about that too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How do you think he gets to the rim for put backs? He is also moving without the ball. She me a single game where Dario has had success with guys that move alot. Just one.

What are you talking about? Who said that? I didn't say anything close to that. I said there is only one scenario where Dario does anything against the Bucks. You need to have two guys out there when Giannis and Lopez are in the game. Your best match up is Ayton/Crowder. If Giannis is out there by himself there is no scenario which you want Dario covering him. If it's just Lopez that is the best matchup for him.
I’m sorry we are just going to have to differ in our opinion of Portis as a player. Because he’s not who you’re claiming he is at all. Never has been. Dario would be more successful keeping him off the glass than anyone we’ve thrown at him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry we are just going to have to differ in our opinion of Portis as a player. Because he’s not who you’re claiming he is at all. Never has been. Dario would be more successful keeping him off the glass than anyone we’ve thrown at him.
He is not a high energy guy who loves to move when he doesn't have the ball and crash the boards? Yep. We disagree. He has always been that player. Again, never said he was going to take you off the dribble. Dario hasn't done jack in 90% of his matchups all playoffs but OK.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m confident we don’t see another dud like this from Booker. Bridges hasn’t been consistently productive on offense this postseason, but when he has it going, the other team is typically toast.
Booker being MIA is a huge problem. Also, Bridges and our playoff record when he scores in double figures can't be denied. He takes so much pressure off the starters when he is getting easy buckets and hitting open shots.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton has concrete hands. Paul, for all the good he brings to the team, clearly is a player out of control a portion of the time. I expected the loss, but this was terrilby embarassing.

I played ten years of organized bascketball in school and later in industrial league, all from 1960 to 1970. What a different game is was then. You really couldn't stay in the paint more than 3 seconds. You didn't get 5 steps before they called traveling. It was a much more defined team sport at all levels of play.

It's difficult for me to watch now. The "star calls" are sickening and detrimental to the game. There seems to be little to no sense in how refs call the game (a guy gets slaughtered one time and they call nothing, and a brush of bodies gets a whistle the next). I see plays that would have got me or any other player ****** off the flloor for (can't remember who our player was, but on a fast break, with him leading the way, stopped and took a 25 foot jump shot (and missed) with 3 opposing players, and only them, under/around the basket. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anyone to run out the shot clock running a 5 man weave, but I would enjoy watching a bit more team playing.

Just the rantings of an old guy who played.... and watched.... a very different game. The handful of super dunks and acrobatics in a game are exciting, but I'd much rather watch the team execute 10 crisp passes with screens for a score.

Just me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton has concrete hands. Paul, for all the good he brings to the team, clearly is a player out of control a portion of the time. I expected the loss, but this was terrilby embarassing.

I played ten years of organized bascketball in school and later in industrial league, all from 1960 to 1970. What a different game is was then. You really couldn't stay in the paint more than 3 seconds. You didn't get 5 steps before they called traveling. It was a much more defined team sport at all levels of play.

It's difficult for me to watch now. The "star calls" are sickening and detrimental to the game. There seems to be little to no sense in how refs call the game (a guy gets slaughtered one time and they call nothing, and a brush of bodies gets a whistle the next). I see plays that would have got me or any other player ****** off the flloor for (can't remember who our player was, but on a fast break, with him leading the way, stopped and took a 25 foot jump shot (and missed) with 3 opposing players, and only them, under/around the basket. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anyone to run out the shot clock running a 5 man weave, but I would enjoy watching a bit more team playing.

Just the rantings of an old guy who played.... and watched.... a very different game. The handful of super dunks and acrobatics in a game are exciting, but I'd much rather watch the team execute 10 crisp passes with screens for a score.

Just me.

Chris Paul is clearly out of control a portion of the time? Chris, no offense, but have you actually WATCHED this team before? first, CP3 is KNOW for his ability to play within control and with pace and consistently has an insane Assist to TO ratio. Second, “terribly embarassing”? My lord... some of you are the biggest bunch of drama queens after a loss I can ever remember. They were the desperate team tonight. They played a great game. We didn’t. It happens.

good gravy guys. Not every loss is EMBARRASSING or puts us IN SERIOUS TROUBLE! 1/2 of this board goes full tilt hysteria after every loss... of which there’s been 5 all playoffs out of 19. We aren’t the Durant Warriors. We are a very good team, but this ain’t one of the best teams of all time. We ARE 14-5 in the playoffs, with 13 double digit wins. And the pile on from those who haven’t said squat all season or barely make a peep after wins is becoming laughably predictable.

just me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just me.
Paul has torn ligaments in his hand and maybe a dislocated finger, he can't control his dribble or passes as well as he's used to. Watching him reminds me of watching Plummer unsuccessfully try to fire a pass into a tight window after he'd had his thumb bent backwards. Both guys still think they can do what they use to, hopefully CP3 will continue to adapt better than Jake did.

And I don't know what to say about DA's hands. Sometimes he drops everything but there are plenty other times when he seems to have great hands. It's been a common complaint about him since before he came to the pros.

I can't disagree about the inconsistency of refereeing, it is tough to watch sometimes. Nor can I argue that the game hasn't changed, but it had to. The players continued to get bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic. They outgrew the court and if they hadn't changed the rules that eventually led to this style, I'm not sure the league would have survived.

Anyway, if you dislike star treatment and you find the style of play unwatchable now, go back and watch some of those mid to late 90's games.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chris Paul is clearly out of control a portion of the time? Chris, no offense, but have you actually WATCHED this team before? first, CP3 is KNOW for his ability to play within control and with pace and consistently has an insane Assist to TO ratio. Second, “terribly embarassing”? My lord... some of you are the biggest bunch of drama queens after a loss I can ever remember. They were the desperate team tonight. They played a great game. We didn’t. It happens.

good gravy guys. Not every loss is EMBARRASSING or puts us IN SERIOUS TROUBLE! 1/2 of this board goes full tilt hysteria after every loss... of which there’s been 5 all playoffs out of 19. We aren’t the Durant Warriors. We are a very good team, but this ain’t one of the best teams of all time. We ARE 14-5 in the playoffs, with 13 double digit wins. And the pile on from those who haven’t said squat all season or barely make a peep after wins is becoming laughably predictable.

just me.
Remember this post during the Cards season lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still can’t believe they wore the ugly whites. It’s either Orange, purple or valley from now on.

I can't find it now but I saw our uniforms assignments for this series and that was the only game we were wearing the white jerseys. We're wearing the black valley jerseys for all home games and the orange jerseys for games 4 and 6.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
“Bears watching” is a world of difference than “in very serious trouble!” “insurmountable mountain!” hysteria you’ve been posting in your soiled Depends.
Again… taking exaggeration to new heights. I never said “insurmountable” Cheese. You need help dude.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I obviously can’t say that Dario would’ve made a difference but if he can more effectively put a bigger body on a Portis or giannis that allows our smaller wings to snatch rebounds that’s an impact. It’s tougher to effectively go over th back without fouling a 6’10 dude than a 6’6 dude.
Yep…

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I agree with this. While I think it’s incredibly difficult for Ayton to play with force as the lone big, he has to stay outta foul trouble. I know it’s tough, likely the biggest challenge of his career, but he’s got to find a way to balance both. Asking a lot of the kid.
This is the key to the rest of the series. Again, having Dario would’ve taken some of this immense load and pressure off of DA. So now, Monty and the rest of the coaches, as well as all of the starters, are going to have to come up with strategies combined with flawless execution, in order to offset the clear advantage the Bucks have in the paint. Giannis will continue to dominate as there really isn’t much we can about that. Especially since the refs clearly enable him…
IMO, the Suns’ chances take a massive blow when we aren’t hitting 3’s (can’t be just one guy - like Crowder), not hitting mid-range shots (Book), and allowing Holiday and Middleton to set up picnics and comfortably make their shots.
I just don’t see any other way to offset the Bucks’ clear advantage down low, scoring and rebounding on both ends…

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s no doubt we’d be better off with Dario. Our depth and ability to play different styles is what made us so difficult to matchup with all season.

but by no means is his loss a death knell for this team as some are making it out to be.

I always thought it was Death Nail. Like nail in the coffin type.

learn something new everyday

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Waking up this morning I now realize that we wasted one of Jaes hot games in a loss.

Depressing.

If we don't make shots..... We don't win.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose