Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to put this on Ayton because he didn't have much help. The Suns were terrible defensively.

I'm not putting it on Ayton alone. He can share the blame with Bridges, Paul, and Booker. Like I said, all starters other than Crowder sucked.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly I'm not really concerned about this one. We've laid eggs in both the regular and post season and responded just about every time. This team always finds a way to flush it and course correct. Personally, I'm not worried until this Bucks team shows they can beat us at our place. The plan was always to steal one on the road. Do that, and we're pretty much in the clear as far as I'm concerned.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yea… I think so. I think Dario makes it harder on guys, mainly because he’s not afraid to use his body and “get into” guys… I also think he’s a more reliable rebounder than Craig.
Torrey flashes and is far more athletic. I actually like them both. But, Dario is just better at mucking things up…
The only advantage Dario has over Craig is that he can play more minutes. But I like Craig’s defense and rebounding a lot better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea… I think so. I think Dario makes it harder on guys, mainly because he’s not afraid to use his body and “get into” guys… I also think he’s a more reliable rebounder than Craig.
Torrey flashes and is far more athletic. I actually like them both. But, Dario is just better at mucking things up…

I agree with this. Dario uses his body to keep others from swarming in for offensive boards like the Bucks did tonight. He would have helped tonight, for sure, but without him available we had an uphill battle.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's passive aggressive and it's weak. IMO . As much as I couldn't stand the Spurs...thats what I loved about Pop. He just brushed that type of question off and didn't use it as fuel to make excuses for the loss.
I personally love it. I think it puts pressure on the league and officials to look closer at things. At the highest level of competition, you look for any and everything that can help the team within the confines of the rules.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope you’re right…
Of course he played slow and lumbering… that is who he is after all.
“Horrible” defense? I don’t agree… again, he wasn’t winning any MVP’s. But he was BY FAR, the best backup to DA we had…

he was getting abused by the corpse of Boogie Cousins in the last series. The idea that being down Dario puts us at grave imperil and serious trouble is laughable.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he was getting abused by the corpse of Boogie Cousins in the last series. The idea that being down Dario puts us at grave imperil and serious trouble is laughable.
I can’t believe someone would suggest Dario is the better defender. Monty has struggled to find him minutes the entire playoffs because he gets abused by everyone. The matchups have been horrible for him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Legler just said exactly what I’ve been saying here. The Saric injury “bears watching” as the series progresses.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I personally love it. I think it puts pressure on the league and officials to look closer at things. At the highest level of competition, you look for any and everything that can help the team within the confines of the rules.
I agree with wanting to get things squared away if you truly have issues. Writing the league and what not.. I just have issues with it potentially taking away focus from the things that truly matter, which are themselves. But every coach is different. They gotta do what they feel is best for the makeup of that current group. That might run well in that locker room with our guys that can dwell on non calls at times like CP and book.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It wasn't the typical bad Ayton game but it was bad. He did nothing after the 1st quarter except pick up fouls. They went at him and he bit on a lot early which caused him to be in position for the fouls to be called. I'm not saying he was terrible, we've all seen him play terribly. Tonight wasn't his night. He wasn't alone in that regard though. Crowder was the only starter who showed up and played out all 4 quarters.

Ayton was bad tonight? Lol

and with that I can’t take you serious

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were down 9 just last game...

same in the third quarter against Denver in Game 1.

the reality is this is probably the toughest matchup for us in the playoffs. The Bucks are totally healthy and have a two time MVP and a lot of size. We played very well in Game 1 and 2 and we’ll have to play very well to win more games. We didn’t tonight.

usually when you don’t play well in a championship series, you’re going to lose. This IS the Finals after all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's all about depth. Craig had ZERO rebounds tonight and 2 points. Craig is a small forward having to play out of position.

The idea is to have big bodies to match up with opposing big bodies when small ball doesn't work.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legler just said exactly what I’ve been saying here. The Saric injury “bears watching” as the series progresses.
“Bears watching” is a world of difference than “in very serious trouble!” “insurmountable mountain!” hysteria you’ve been posting in your soiled Depends.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton was bad tonight? Lol

and with that I can’t take you serious

What did he do after the first quarter? He picked up fouls. They weren't phantom calls. You can't be effective when you're on the bench. That's on him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess but it was so early I didn’t get the uh oh feeling like tonight in the 2nd qtr.

Craig and Bridges need to crash the glass like mad men. Two rebounds combined in 42 minutes won’t cut it.

Bridges was beyond pathetic tonight. The team needs to do what it’s been doing in all of their wins... GANG rebound.

they ain’t winning this thing unless they all come to play. That didn’t happen tonight. I believe it will on Wednesday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember more big blown leads than big comeback wins. I think we came back in game 4 vs the Lakers.

Suns had some big losses this past season but they were good at closing out close games especially late in the season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bridges was beyond pathetic tonight. The team needs to do what it’s been doing in all of their wins... GANG rebound.

they ain’t winning this thing unless they all come to play. That didn’t happen tonight. I believe it will on Wednesday.
The value of his next contract fluctuates by game it seems.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s just not worth 20 million per year. He’s a good defender, not a GREAT defender and a mediocre at best offensive player who is totally dependent on others to do much on offense.

and completely no shows on both end of the court way to often.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Craig and Bridges need to crash the glass like mad men. Two rebounds combined in 42 minutes won’t cut it.
Their size down there doesn't do them any favors. They got out positioned almost all game. Size, hustle, and technique are not in our favor with them going small with Ayton out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm watching a bunch of players like stocks and some of their market value is plunging such as Payne, Bridges, Kaminsky, Moore, Galloway, Carter, Nader and Smith.