Suns are frontrunners to sign Bol Bol

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Bol is currently on a 1 year deal... Its been reported that he would like a four year deal. If I was Matt I. I'd throw out 4 years/$20M total offer and see where that goes. He's young....wonder if he is married?
Suns need to make more Bol uniforms to sell at the Team Shop, and a full-size picture of Bol with his arms extended like the picture of Brittany G. out in the FP center hallway.

Attachments

• REVERSE BOL BOL 7 4.jpg
    REVERSE BOL BOL 7 4.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 3

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol is currently on a 1 year deal... Its been reported that he would like a four year deal. If I was Matt I. I'd throw out 4 years/$20M total offer and see where that goes. He's young....wonder if he is married?
Suns need to make more Bol uniforms to sell at the Team Shop, and a full-size picture of Bol with his arms extended like the picture of Brittany G. out in the FP center hallway.
Give him a four-year deal at the max that we could give him. Then give him an opt-out as soon as we have Bird-rights to resign him (if that is even a thing anymore). I don't know if you could make it team opt-out clause that would require that the team offer him a higher contract. That would probably be viewed as a violation of the CBA. Whatever can be done, I am in favor of it. Bol passes the eye test with me.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give him a four-year deal at the max that we could give him. Then give him an opt-out as soon as we have Bird-rights to resign him (if that is even a thing anymore). I don't know if you could make it team opt-out clause that would require that the team offer him a higher contract. That would probably be viewed as a violation of the CBA. Whatever can be done, I am in favor of it. Bol passes the eye test with me.
We can't offer anything other than the minimum. 2nd apron means no exceptions no nothing other than bird rights.

If you don't understand this, perhaps that is why so many on here are so cavalier about the future of this team.

Until we get under the 2nd apron - which we realistically can't without dumping one or more of the big three minimum players are all we can add.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can't offer anything other than the minimum. 2nd apron means no exceptions no nothing other than bird rights.

If you don't understand this, perhaps that is why so many on here are so cavalier about the future of this team.

Until we get under the 2nd apron - which we realistically can't without dumping one or more of the big three minimum players are all we can add.
I would consider moving Beale, depending on what we would get back. A defensive minded pass first point guard would be nice, and then the chance to sign Bol. Not sure how that all would work. I used to have a pretty good understanding of the CBA but I just no longer have time to keep up with the new one.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would consider moving Beale, depending on what we would get back. A defensive minded pass first point guard would be nice, and then the chance to sign Bol. Not sure how that all would work. I used to have a pretty good understanding of the CBA but I just no longer have time to keep up with the new one.

Beal is the 3rd highest paid player in the entire league and he has a no trade clause. Trading him will be next to impossible.

We just gotta hope he can somehow get, and stay, healthy.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Just remember that he has a no trade clause. He'd have to agree to it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, we can't sign him for anymore than the minimum this summer. We can add years on, at the minimum, but he needs to be here 2 years to get early bird rights and 3 years for full bird rights. The difference between the 2 isnt that big of a deal for players like Bol, who no one would pay more than the Midlevel exception. After 2 years with early bird rights we can retain a player on a deal up to the average salary in the league, which is the MLE. That amount can be exceeded if a player makes a salary higher than the MLE but that doesn't matter in this instance.

I think it's for the best that we can't overpay him right now. He needs to show more. He hasn't earned a big contract at this point. He played better and for a longer stretch last year in Orlando and they waived him. Let him prove it for another season and if he continues his current trajectory then lock him down. Use his relationship with KD as leverage.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Impossible. After all his injury problems this year nobody is looking to add his contract.

As I have said several times, KD is the only realistic move we can make to change this team if we don't think this team can win.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, we can't sign him for anymore than the minimum this summer. We can add years on, at the minimum, but he needs to be here 2 years to get early bird rights and 3 years for full bird rights. The difference between the 2 isnt that big of a deal for players like Bol, who no one would pay more than the Midlevel exception. After 2 years with early bird rights we can retain a player on a deal up to the average salary in the league, which is the MLE. That amount can be exceeded if a player makes a salary higher than the MLE but that doesn't matter in this instance.

I think it's for the best that we can't overpay him right now. He needs to show more. He hasn't earned a big contract at this point. He played better and for a longer stretch last year in Orlando and they waived him. Let him prove it for another season and if he continues his current trajectory then lock him down. Use his relationship with KD as leverage.
Ok. So the durations for Early Bird and Full Bird are the same. We would have to convince him to sign another one-year deal and then sign him to the max we could under the early Bird later. I think that is a stretch. Some team will pay him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bol was selected by the Washington Bullets in the 1985 NBA draft. Bol played for the Bullets and three other teams over the course of his NBA career, which lasted from 1985 to 1995. A center, Bol is considered among the best shot-blockers in the history of the sport and is the only NBA player to retire with more career blocked shots than points scored. As of December 2022, he ranked second in NBA history in blocked shots per game and 16th in total blocked shots.

Bol was notable for his efforts to promote human rights in his native Sudan and aid for Sudanese refugees.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
steals the ball and not only gets it to book - but swings around to the corner - drawing two defenders and opening the middle all because they know he'll drop that 3 no problemo

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson