"Sunday Night Football" Possible in Week 14?

sw3j

Reaction score
I think the Cards have a legitimate shot at Sunday Night Football in Week 14.

I know this is looking ahead, but for the sake of conversation, let's say Seattle and the Cards both win their next two games. That would leave them at 8-4 (SEA) & (gasp) 7-5 (ARI).

The rest schedule is not very appetizing for NBC. Look at this:

Taken from USA Today article:
Week 14. CBS wisely protected Pittsburgh at New England, while Fox put a moat around Giants-Eagles. NBC, slated for Colts-Ravens, might have wanted Fox's Cowboys-Lions — but Dallas, with six primetime games scheduled, is off the board.

With those three games off the board - and CHI & WAS and NO & ATL on alternate nights - there isn't a lot from which they can choose. I checked with my Magic 8 ball and the results were interesting.

Magic 8 Ball

STL @ CIN - My Reply is No. Two horrible teams.

SD @ TEN - Outlook not good. They might think the "star" factor is enough to attract viewers. They could play "Vince Young" against "L.T."

TB @ HOU - Ask Again Later. This might be another game with Playoff implications. One downside for the network is two different conferences.

OAK @ GB - Reply Hazy, Try Again. I know it's about ratings... and you can't ignore Madden's man-crush on Favre.

CAR @ JAC - Don't Count on It. - A mediocre game

MIA @ BUF
- My Sources Say No. Unless NBC wants to take this game in case Miami wins. I doubt it.

MIN @ SF - No. That's all... just No.

CLE @ NYJ - Don't Count on It. The Jets are bad this year.

KC @ DEN - Ask Again Later. IF the Chargers don't win their next two and KC & Denver do, this could be the game. They LOVE this rivalry.

IND @ BAL - Signs Point to Yes. They could go with the star power of Peyton & that "vaunted" Raven's defense.

If Seattle continues to bring a solid offense and the Cards continue with their defense they had last two games, this could be attractive on a lot of fronts. Division game - playoff implications - and two fun teams to watch (even though I HATE Seattle.)

Link to USA Today article:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/mccarthy/2006-11-30-mccarthy-counterpoint_x.htm

Now, back to reality. Bring on San Francisco!

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont see NBC bumping Indy @ Baltimore.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God, I hope not. I'm going to that game....and have a ticket out of town that night. How soon do they announce these things?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
God, I hope not. I'm going to that game....and have a ticket out of town that night. How soon do they announce these things?

A couple of weeks.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I hope they bump it to Sunday night, that would be sweet to have a national audience. I've got my tix and will be representing!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I wouldn't count out the Browns game either. Cleveland's got that Cinderella attraction going, especially after the way they won this week.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't count out the Browns game either. Cleveland's got that Cinderella attraction going, especially after the way they won this week.
The clock strikes midnight for Cinderella come December 2 in Phoenix.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO FLEXING IN WEEK THIRTEEN

The NFL announced on Monday that NBC will stick with Bengals-Steelers as the Sunday night game for Week Thirteen.

Under the flex scheduling rules, NBC can move (with league approval) one game per week into the spot currently held by the game designated for the 8:15 p.m. EST kickoff.

The league also announced that the Bucs-Saints game will move from a 1:00 p.m. EST start to 4:15 p.m. EST, giving the late-game national audience an alternative to Giants-Bears.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
it could happen - qwest field is a top flight environment and it shows even better on night games - seattle was just rescheduled this week from the primetime game so maybe the networks will make it up to them

a divisional deciding game could be pretty attractive - although it's going to be tough to beat the colts name right now

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's going to be Indy @ BAL or JAX vs CAR. Our season will most likely be done after this week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard