Sunday Night Colts @SF

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The draining on the field works well tho. Hasn’t stop raining, no puddles not too muddy.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What the hell happened to Shanahan? Is the shine off?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SF is in a tough spot. Jimmy isn’t as bad as he looks but he’s got no future and Lance isn’t really close to being ready.

Defense is also a shell of what they used to be. No first rd picks until 2024 either.
Sounds like a GM and HC are a problem.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That had to be the worst loss in fantasy football ever for me. The TD catch by Pittman gave me a .15 point lead. So of course for the 2nd straight time they put Deebo back to return the KO and I lose 173.95 to 170.80. If the stupid kicker just dribbles the ball to an upback I win.

I have to say the Jimmy G stuff is overdone, he's not good but in that weather throwing a couple of picks is not exactly hard to explain, Wentz threw 5 in the first half they just dropped 4 of them. That ball was so wet it's not at all surprising some of those throws and with Kittle out and Aiyuk in a funk they basically have one receiving threat and everyone knows it.

Again he's a mediocre at best player but I don't think people realize how much it's raining outside I live a few miles from the stadium and it's just coming down in buckets. I'm dreading going to work tomorrow to see if the 2 leaking air handlers we recently attempted to patch held up or if I have water inside the building again.

If you had told me Seattle and SF would both start 2-4 I'd have laughed in your face, injuries and some terrible play.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That had to be the worst loss in fantasy football ever for me. The TD catch by Pittman gave me a .15 point lead. So of course for the 2nd straight time they put Deebo back to return the KO and I lose 173.95 to 170.80. If the stupid kicker just dribbles the ball to an upback I win.

I have to say the Jimmy G stuff is overdone, he's not good but in that weather throwing a couple of picks is not exactly hard to explain, Wentz threw 5 in the first half they just dropped 4 of them. That ball was so wet it's not at all surprising some of those throws and with Kittle out and Aiyuk in a funk they basically have one receiving threat and everyone knows it.

Again he's a mediocre at best player but I don't think people realize how much it's raining outside I live a few miles from the stadium and it's just coming down in buckets. I'm dreading going to work tomorrow to see if the 2 leaking air handlers we recently attempted to patch held up or if I have water inside the building again.

If you had told me Seattle and SF would both start 2-4 I'd have laughed in your face, injuries and some terrible play.
You are what your record says you are.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 49ers need to spend the whole off season reading about sunk cost fallacy because they have 2 sunk cost QBs

To me it's amazing how many injuries there are in the NFL this year in the secondary. Richard Sherman came off the street and became the Bucs #1 CB and then got hurt. SF had Dre Kirkpatrick in there giving up the big jump ball TD to Pittman. The colts secondary is decimated. I watched a bit of the Falcons game earlier(pitts is unreal) and they literally had their top 4 DB's out at one point it's why Tua had 4 TD passes.

In the preseason we were all worried the Cards were weak in the secondary and we've had injuries too but the whole league is just playing guys off the street or washed up vets. This is the year to have a great passing offense like we do. If we get Hudson back so we can move Garcia to replace Josh Jones, a few weeks for Ertz to get more familiar we could be scary good throwing the ball, we already are.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
curious if the 49ers realized just how much work Trey Lance needs when they drafted him

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To me it's amazing how many injuries there are in the NFL this year in the secondary. Richard Sherman came off the street and became the Bucs #1 CB and then got hurt. SF had Dre Kirkpatrick in there giving up the big jump ball TD to Pittman. The colts secondary is decimated. I watched a bit of the Falcons game earlier(pitts is unreal) and they literally had their top 4 DB's out at one point it's why Tua had 4 TD passes.

In the preseason we were all worried the Cards were weak in the secondary and we've had injuries too but the whole league is just playing guys off the street or washed up vets. This is the year to have a great passing offense like we do. If we get Hudson back so we can move Garcia to replace Josh Jones, a few weeks for Ertz to get more familiar we could be scary good throwing the ball, we already are.
CB talent is just not keeping pace with receiver and QB talent. This is the most talent we've ever seen at the passing positions ever. So a few CB injuries look more prominent than they really are.

Ertz admitted responsibility for the int, and even though Murray also took responsibility, I think we have to side with the receiver here because they pretty much never take blame when they don't have to. I still think we haven't seen a perfect game yet from the Cardinals. Too many mistakes, but this team is good enough to still bury teams, especially bad teams.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
SF is going to be bad for a decade if Lance doesn't pan out. It is not like they got draft picks in round 1 in the next two years.
That's some hyperbole. I bet a few people thought the Cardinals were going to be bad for a decade during the Wilks year.

I think Lance can be good. He needs a lot of work, but he is a specimen.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's some hyperbole. I bet a few people thought the Cardinals were going to be bad for a decade during the Wilks year.

I think Lance can be good. He needs a lot of work, but he is a specimen.
maybe the niners need to demote shanny to OC and hire that QB coach from Buffalo....dude did wonders with Josh Allen and Trey Lance is very similar on the field.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I for one enjoy the front row seats to the downfall of 9ers and hawks (hopefully). I know hawks used to be in the basement for a lot of their history, but they have been good for a long recent time now. I know 9ers sucked too.

It's time for us to run the division, with probably the Rams for a time.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
curious if the 49ers realized just how much work Trey Lance needs when they drafted him
The predraft reports were that one faction liked Lance and another liked someone else.

I think it was Shanahan who wanted the safer pick, which I believe was Jones.

He didn't win.

Yep (if accurate)

I'm thinking, besides ownership, the biggest problem might be Lynch or others in the scouting/front office.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The downfall of the Rams will be even more bittersweet, they have hurt so many of our players in the past.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson