Sun Devils: New Uniforms, etc.

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
New logo looks like a penis. Not hating, just what I saw. And now it can't be unseen.

Like the matte helmets though. To be honest, I was worried that I was going to LOVE these. As a UA fan, I'm happy to report that it looks like ASU missed the boat. There are some nice elements, but overall, I'm not too impressed.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Since ASU's only goal was likely distracting their fans from the fact that their football and basketball coaches are on the hot seat and the baseball program is on probation, the least they could've done was make up some uniforms that did not look like they were designed by the XFL or the costume people from Any Given Sunday. Those are horrible.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New logo looks like a penis. Not hating, just what I saw. And now it can't be unseen.

Like the matte helmets though. To be honest, I was worried that I was going to LOVE these. As a UA fan, I'm happy to report that it looks like ASU missed the boat. There are some nice elements, but overall, I'm not too impressed.

I don't know what kinda penises you're used to looking at, but I just don't see it.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I like the uniforms overall. I'm not a huge fan of the new pitchfork logo. It should be simpler without the extra flame on the bottom.

Like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Instead of this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The new pitchfork logo is absolutely embarrassing. I'll never wear anything with that garbage on it, thats absolute dreck.

The uni's overall aren't as horrifying as I expected, but they're a definite downgrade. We went from having some of the most unique looking football uni's in America to being FSU's uglier kid brother- why? Isn't marketing about being unique, setting yourself apart, etc?

The black alternates scream 1990's, that trend is so played out its just laughable that the school/Nike thought it was 'cool' or 'edgy'. Its only 'edgy' in the same way drinking a Mountain Dew is (hint: its not).

The home white hoops uni's still need more gold trim on them as they have for a few years. Not sure why they don't put some gold between the 2 horizontal maroon bands on the shorts. At least the hoops uni's are still pretty conservative.

^^Not to be an ass, but everyone I've spoken to that's in the 18-22 age group was calling for black uniforms. The younger generation loves it. Maybe what's 'cool' has passed you by?

This is the result of negativity...the people sitting behind me when I watched this were complaining about every single thing that came up. Some people would be unhappy either way.

Edit: Not saying I love the new style, I do for basketball and other sports, but I think the black was a good idea.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the new helmets. And I'm 41. Still not sold on all-white uniforms. Hated the UA all-whites. Look like underwear for me. But they're not horrible with the gold helmets.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
^^Not to be an ass, but everyone I've spoken to that's in the 18-22 age group was calling for black uniforms. The younger generation loves it. Maybe what's 'cool' has passed you by?

This is the result of negativity...the people sitting behind me when I watched this were complaining about every single thing that came up. Some people would be unhappy either way.

Edit: Not saying I love the new style, I do for basketball and other sports, but I think the black was a good idea.

I'm surprised at all the negativity myself, I actually like most of the changes and think the new uniforms look great, especially the football unis. I even like the new helmets, which I was pretty apprehensive about. Can't wait to get some new Nike gear.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I like the new helmets. And I'm 41. Still not sold on all-white uniforms. Hated the UA all-whites. Look like underwear for me. But they're not horrible with the gold helmets.

While Bolden was wearing the all white, I also saw shots with the gold pants which I think look much better as well. Hopefully that's the case. Monochromatic unis really do look like PJ's.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised at all the negativity myself, I actually like most of the changes and think the new uniforms look great, especially the football unis. I even like the new helmets, which I was pretty apprehensive about. Can't wait to get some new Nike gear.

I suprised UA fans are in here cracking back when they underwent a similar redesign last year or the year before. Sorry, but those all-blue uniforms make the short guys look like oompa loompas.

I'm betting a winning team makes these uniforms pretty popular, and ASU has to win no matter what the uniform they're wearing. ;)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
UofA's uniforms suck too for all I'm concerned. Less is always more with uniforms in my opinion. But like Gadd said, win and nobody cares.

I have my own issues with the Arizona AD at the moment that go far deeper than what uniforms the football program wears.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UofA's uniforms suck too for all I'm concerned.

Less is always more with uniforms in my opinion.

I generally agree, but I've sort of given up trying to have any passion about all of this. Whatever the kids like. It's their school now, not mine.

On the flip side, I've always wanted a maroon-and-gold helmet in the style of Michigan's. I guess this is the closest I'll get to it.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Lisa Love said the new font will be standardized for all sports. I think we can say goodbye to anything that isn't in the "Sundevil Bold" font.

They rolled out new baseball uniforms at the announcement.

Did they have baseball or just softball? I only saw pics of the softball uniforms. I still think the baseball will stay unchanged for another year or two.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, the gold is still not gold, but yellow.

I wish they would just say maroon and yellow.

Gold is like NDs helmet, IMO.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Did they have baseball or just softball? I only saw pics of the softball uniforms. I still think the baseball will stay unchanged for another year or two.

I swear they announced new baseball uniforms. I know Lisa Love said that they were getting rid of all the different logos/fonts and presenting a single, unified brand across all sports. She specifically referenced baseball, but of course, I can't find her quote now.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear they announced new baseball uniforms. I know Lisa Love said that they were getting rid of all the different logos/fonts and presenting a single, unified brand across all sports. She specifically referenced baseball, but of course, I can't find her quote now.

Baseball is under contract with Under Armour and New Era for another two years.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score

:yeahthat:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I like the flat black helmet. The new logo is going to take some getting used to. Sparky was cool.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confession: Been an ASU fan since 1975. Alway thought the Sparky logo was cornball and cartoonish. Even a bit embarassing, like that Ole Miss Rebel.

Phew. Glad I could finally say that.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Sparky was cool.

Key word there is WAS. Sparky is too cartoonish, childish,and nice looking. I think it worked well for the 70's -90's but it is out of date and fairly humorous if you ask me. A smiling devil? Come on.

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
To me, the gold is still not gold, but yellow.

I wish they would just say maroon and yellow.

Gold is like NDs helmet, IMO.

Totally agree about the "gold", it's more of a nacho cheese IMO. Hell, look at BC, they have maroon and gold.

I do like the black though, I'm just not a fan of that pitch fork.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen