Summer trades?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bordow is reaching with this stuff

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It sounds like he put it out there though.

Phoenix could be involved in a Leonard deal, however, as a third team facilitator. Leonard reportedly has expressed interest in playing for the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Lakers have enough young assets to potentially satisfy the Spurs. Phoenix could get involved by taking Luol Deng’s contract off the Lakers’ hands – he has two years and $36 million left on his deal – in exchange for one of Los Angeles’ young players. Say, for example, point guard Lonzo Ball.

Scott Bordow, Arizona Republic Published 3:20 p.m. MT June 16, 2018

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...s-not-deal-no-1-pick-kawhi-leonard/707198002/

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and now he’s backtracking.

Really not a fan of him at all. I miss Paul Coro. AzRepublic really screwed up parting ways with him imo.

Not really. He was clearly speculating about possibilities when he said we might be able to get Ball by taking Deng's salary. When it started being passed around that the Suns actually had interest, he set the story straight. I'm good with that.

Each to their own but I was never a big Coro fan. And isn't he the journalist that was reportedly fired for stealing the work of others?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and now he’s backtracking.

Really not a fan of him at all. I miss Paul Coro. AzRepublic really screwed up parting ways with him imo.

It's hard to backtrack on an article written yesterday. My guess he is trying to pull it back the best he can for some reason. Maybe it was too speculative.

I look to Bordow for facts and educated insight. He has done an excellent job since Coro left. IMO, Bordow has provided the best Suns coverage I can remember.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not really. He was clearly speculating about possibilities when he said we might be able to get Ball by taking Deng's salary. When it started being passed around that the Suns actually had interest, he set the story straight. I'm good with that.

Each to their own but I was never a big Coro fan. And isn't he the journalist that was reportedly fired for stealing the work of others?
I think if he wanted to be speculative, he shouldn’t have used a direct example like that. Could just be me though.

As for the Coro story, I think one poster that had like a 20 post history mentioned that on here and that was it. Iirc, bunch of us asked him for more details and he never responded and I don’t think he’s posted since.

I’m not sure I’m buying that story because he doesn’t seem that type of guy based his reputation among other media personnel who tweeted about him and communicated with him publicly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah he said the suns “could” that a speculative word. I see no reason why anyone would have a problem with his original comment.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if he wanted to be speculative, he shouldn’t have used a direct example like that. Could just be me though.

As for the Coro story, I think one poster that had like a 20 post history mentioned that on here and that was it. Iirc, bunch of us asked him for more details and he never responded and I don’t think he’s posted since.

I’m not sure I’m buying that story because he doesn’t seem that type of guy based his reputation among other media personnel who tweeted about him and communicated with him publicly.

I read it from more than one poster, here and elsewhere. I don't know for sure that it's a true story but the way his firing went down there was clearly something out of line and I've seen no other explanation.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coro was just sort of pushed out without any further being said on the matter, from the Suns or AZCentral/AZ Republic. I know the rumor was he was stealing content from somewhere and passing it off as his own but I don't recall specifics. I know they had someone else covering the Suns for a brief period before Bordow took over but once Bordow took over the coverage seemed to improve quite a bit, over the replacement as well as Coro. Coro hadn't been as active with his Suns reporting as Bordow has been. Not only does Bordow push out a lot of content but he's also talking Suns on Twitter all the time.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Bordow. People are used to him communicating news and real info, so when he speculates some people get confused.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Weighing in on the possibility of PHX being a 3rd team facilitator for a Leonard to LA deal, I would take Lonzo & Deng if it meant dealing Knight and expirings. It would wash out the salary as many have pointed out on this thread and would give PHX a Big 4 next year and for the next 5 years before having to make salary cap decisions. They would still have all their young pieces to include Warren who could be the scoring punch off the bench. PHX could take a PF at #16 and maybe a back up PG at #31 (Omari Spellman & Jevon Carter). Of course that would mean there would be no player on the roster older than Warren but man would the future be exciting with a Ayton, Jackson, Booker & Ball core, if Bender can solidify the PF spot that would be icing on the cake.

That all said, if LeBron is not a possibility for LAL, would they be willing to give up pretty much all their young pieces (Ball - PHX; Ingram & Kouzma - SA) for Leonard and possibly Paul George if he indeed leaves OKC?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Coro was just sort of pushed out without any further being said on the matter, from the Suns or AZCentral/AZ Republic. I know the rumor was he was stealing content from somewhere and passing it off as his own but I don't recall specifics. I know they had someone else covering the Suns for a brief period before Bordow took over but once Bordow took over the coverage seemed to improve quite a bit, over the replacement as well as Coro. Coro hadn't been as active with his Suns reporting as Bordow has been. Not only does Bordow push out a lot of content but he's also talking Suns on Twitter all the time.

Not stealing content .....it was he was caught stealing...That's why he's gone, I really liked Coro and read all his stuff

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Coro was NEVER as engaging with fans as Bordow has been. He also tweets a lot more. Coro would tweet once a day at most, and wouldn't really follow-up on it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was caught stealing actual stuff from his co-worker's desks. He did not steal content. He stole physical items. That is why he was fired.

Okay, I thought that was where he was going. I heard it both ways. I found the "stolen content" to be less reprehensible so that's probably why I gave it more credibility.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't hear about the stealing actual objects thing. Then again I don't think I heard stealing content specifically either. I just put two and two together that he's a writer who was fired for stealing and assumed it had to do with his writing.

I didn't think until recently though, since it was brought back up, how it was odd he wasn't labeled as plagiarist if he had been stealing content but I guess he wouldn't be called that for stealing actual objects.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weighing in on the possibility of PHX being a 3rd team facilitator for a Leonard to LA deal, I would take Lonzo & Deng if it meant dealing Knight and expirings. It would wash out the salary as many have pointed out on this thread and would give PHX a Big 4 next year and for the next 5 years before having to make salary cap decisions. They would still have all their young pieces to include Warren who could be the scoring punch off the bench. PHX could take a PF at #16 and maybe a back up PG at #31 (Omari Spellman & Jevon Carter). Of course that would mean there would be no player on the roster older than Warren but man would the future be exciting with a Ayton, Jackson, Booker & Ball core, if Bender can solidify the PF spot that would be icing on the cake.

That all said, if LeBron is not a possibility for LAL, would they be willing to give up pretty much all their young pieces (Ball - PHX; Ingram & Kouzma - SA) for Leonard and possibly Paul George if he indeed leaves OKC?

I don't think LA would do that if it meant taking Knight back. The whole reason to include Ball with Deng is to unload his deal and sending back an ugly deal in Knight would mean our payment would be lowered, if they'd be interested at all. Knight is due about $31 million over the next 2 years while Deng is due $39 million, so they're not parting with Ball just to save $8 million. That isn't happening. The Lakers could potentially take on Leonard, sign Paul George and Lebron without moving Deng's deal also. That would cap them out entirely but it is something they could do. The only thing they'd need any of their incoming players to do is for Leonard to waive his trade kicker bonus to be able to have the money to pay everyone what they want. Without him doing that then they'd be short $2-3 million, which they might be able to talk Paul George or Lebron into taking on their own or splitting the difference. An article was posted here about how they could make it work with their salaries also. I posted it. I can find it again if need be. But the main thing is, we're not sending out Knight and getting Ball from the Lakers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think LA would do that if it meant taking Knight back. The whole reason to include Ball with Deng is to unload his deal and sending back an ugly deal in Knight would mean our payment would be lowered, if they'd be interested at all. Knight is due about $31 million over the next 2 years while Deng is due $39 million, so they're not parting with Ball just to save $8 million. That isn't happening. The Lakers could potentially take on Leonard, sign Paul George and Lebron without moving Deng's deal also. That would cap them out entirely but it is something they could do. The only thing they'd need any of their incoming players to do is for Leonard to waive his trade kicker bonus to be able to have the money to pay everyone what they want. Without him doing that then they'd be short $2-3 million, which they might be able to talk Paul George or Lebron into taking on their own or splitting the difference. An article was posted here about how they could make it work with their salaries also. I posted it. I can find it again if need be. But the main thing is, we're not sending out Knight and getting Ball from the Lakers.
Agreed. Somehow unloading knight in that deal is just crazy talk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand the George/LeBron/Leonard triumvirate. They literally all play the same position.

I get if you have LeBron/Leonard LeBron/George or even George/Leonard... Leonard or LeBron there play the small 4 in any scenario, but all three of them? Is that I guess looking at a team where George starts at the 2?

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't understand the George/LeBron/Leonard triumvirate. They literally all play the same position.

I get if you have LeBron/Leonard LeBron/George or even George/Leonard... Leonard or LeBron there play the small 4 in any scenario, but all three of them? Is that I guess looking at a team where George starts at the 2?
Kahwi plays the 2, PG plays the 3, LeBron plays the 4. That's how it would work in my mind.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score

They dont need positions, nor do they need to slot into positions. This is what ive been talking about for weeks. LeBron is going to be the main ball handler anyway. Not to mention, George and Kawhi can guard 1-5.

That said, its not happening.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Okay, I thought that was where he was going. I heard it both ways. I found the "stolen content" to be less reprehensible so that's probably why I gave it more credibility.
Yeah, I was confused what I was reading here since this is where I originally read about it. It was something about allegedly stealing from co-workers desks after hours.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison