Summer trades?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cannot recall a player, who wasn't involved in criminal proceedings or a gambling scandal, going from revered to reviled like Dwight Howard has.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers trade for the 39th pick with the 76ers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird... it's not as though they have any idea who will be available.

I can't figure it out but I would guess it's financially motivated. They must have a target they think will slip but aren't overly concerned if it doesn't happen. Or maybe they have a couple of second round type talents that they are interested in and losing the first rounder eases the cap hold.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or the Lakers got a 2nd round pick so they can add Lonzo's brother. Lavar working his magic behind the scenes there, about to have 2 of the Ball boys playing in LA.

The Lakers also have Cleveland's pick this year, #25, perhaps they worked out enough guys they found that there should be another player to grab around the late 30's in the 2nd round as well.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or the Lakers got a 2nd round pick so they can add Lonzo's brother. Lavar working his magic behind the scenes there, about to have 2 of the Ball boys playing in LA.
The Lakers also have Cleveland's pick this year, #25, perhaps they worked out enough guys they found that there should be another player to grab around the late 30's in the 2nd round as well.
Please please please let this be true.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Lakers draft LiAngelo that will almost count as a winning draft pick for the Suns since we get to watch the dysfunction all season long. Watching the Lakers suffer is almost as fun as watching the Suns win.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the Lakers draft LiAngelo that will almost count as a winning draft pick for the Suns since we get to watch the dysfunction all season long. Watching the Lakers suffer is almost as fun as watching the Suns win.
This

Btw I have been gone for a week, and I thought the other ball brother was supposed to go undrafted. What changed in a week? Lulz

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't see anyone else taking him so this theory doesn't work for me. They could have bought a second round pick quite easily this season if this was all they wanted.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Ryan West and Jesse Buss are really, really good at scouting.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Whoever does the Lakers scouting, I take my hat off to them. They have been really good lately.

Part of the reason both were promoted, especially West, as he had offers (including from the Clippers).

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If you are trading up, why not trade up for a guy who every team in the league is looking for? Mikal Bridges.

Find a defensive PG who is some kind of threat to score or shoot, Booker, Bridges, Jackson, Ayton.

Obviously, Jackson still needs to beef up, but he played 18% of his minutes at the four this season (outside of garbage time). Additionally, the entire team's offensive and defensive shooting percentages were up with him at the four.

Thats an uber athletic, switchable lineup, with decent floor spacing for Booker and Ayton.

BUMP

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Well done.

I like it a lot... but we desperately need the PG you describe. Probably more of a passer than scorer.

Definitely a risk. Smith is all upside, which might or might not pan out. Hes certainly intriguing, not to mention that Miami pick. 76ers did well. I just like Mikal. Hes not gonna be a star, but absolutely perfect fit for how I would be building Phoenix.

Agreed on the PG situation.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I just cant imagine that after the headaches Lavar caused the Lakers this season that they would let him have any kind of input as to who they draft. But then again, stranger things have happened.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely a risk. Smith is all upside, which might or might not pan out. Hes certainly intriguing, not to mention that Miami pick. 76ers did well. I just like Mikal. Hes not gonna be a star, but absolutely perfect fit for how I would be building Phoenix.

Agreed on the PG situation.

Where did you find that stat that Jackson played 18% of his time at PF? I was looking for that the other day, seeing how often players played at certain positions and couldn't find it anywhere I was looking.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Where did you find that stat that Jackson played 18% of his time at PF? I was looking for that the other day, seeing how often players played at certain positions and couldn't find it anywhere I was looking.

Stat I posted is from cleaning the glass, which subtracts garbage time statistics. You can also find positional data on BBRef, but they calculate minutes much different than Ben Falk (whom I am familiar with on an internet level) of Cleaning the Glass. He worked for the Blazers.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Would some combo of Chriss, Warren, and a 1st work for Kemba?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson