Summer trades?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was confused what I was reading here since this is where I originally read about it. It was something about allegedly stealing from co-workers desks after hours.

Yeah, I read it here too plus a different poster "reported" it at RealGM. The details weren't the same but "stealing" was the central point.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think LA would do that if it meant taking Knight back. The whole reason to include Ball with Deng is to unload his deal and sending back an ugly deal in Knight would mean our payment would be lowered, if they'd be interested at all. Knight is due about $31 million over the next 2 years while Deng is due $39 million, so they're not parting with Ball just to save $8 million. That isn't happening. The Lakers could potentially take on Leonard, sign Paul George and Lebron without moving Deng's deal also. That would cap them out entirely but it is something they could do. The only thing they'd need any of their incoming players to do is for Leonard to waive his trade kicker bonus to be able to have the money to pay everyone what they want. Without him doing that then they'd be short $2-3 million, which they might be able to talk Paul George or Lebron into taking on their own or splitting the difference. An article was posted here about how they could make it work with their salaries also. I posted it. I can find it again if need be. But the main thing is, we're not sending out Knight and getting Ball from the Lakers.
Oh I thought that was the rumored deal. Can PHX take on Deng's contract without sending big salaries back or maybe that is why Chandler & Dudley are in possible deal? I would still be okay with trade even if it meant keeping Knight as some mentioned FA isn't going to be a big factor for PHX, who would they even try and sign that would make sense to a max deal?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I thought that was the rumored deal. Can PHX take on Deng's contract without sending big salaries back or maybe that is why Chandler & Dudley are in possible deal? I would still be okay with trade even if it meant keeping Knight as some mentioned FA isn't going to be a big factor for PHX, who would they even try and sign that would make sense to a max deal?

I think we could take on Deng's salary if we had no other plans this summer in free agency, but I'm not sure if we could fit both Deng and Ball without sending anything out. I could see them agreeing to those 2 for Dudley if they had to take a deal back, they could use the stretch provision then so he'd only count as $3.3 million towards the salary cap for the next 3 years. We'd need to renounce our rights to Len, Payton, and waive Big Sauce and Ulis to make room for both of them also. If we made a trade at the draft we could send Big Sauce out, and he could then be waived by the Lakers because his deal isn't guaranteed until July 6th, which is when the moratorium is over and also is technically the start of a new NBA season. His $5.5 million dollar deal would be guaranteed if he's still on the roster then. Since we'd need to take on both Deng and Ball's salaries I could see it being a little problematic for us but not impossible, we could make it happen but it would end our offseason, basically, because we'd be capped out. We'd have our exceptions but that's it.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Getting Ball is not worth it when you have to take Deng in return. That kills the Suns capspace and Ball is probably the worst shooter in the league and brings his daddy into the mix.

And Ball is already getting PRP shots to his knees and from my perspective does not seem totally focused on basketball.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lonzo ball is really bad. It's the biggest hype job I've ever seen. He's a point guard who flat out cannot shoot and I mean he literally shoots as bad as anyone who's ever been in the league

But the thing that concerns me most about him, he's a PG who shoots 45% from the free throw line!!!!!! That's unheard of. Shaq was above 50% that's how bad Lonzo is.

The kid is broken

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Getting Ball is not worth it when you have to take Deng in return. That kills the Suns capspace and Ball is probably the worst shooter in the league and brings his daddy into the mix.

And Ball is already getting PRP shots to his knees and from my perspective does not seem totally focused on basketball.

Welcome back Slin!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors are reportedly pursuing a trade to draft Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
from ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/underestimated23835835/2018-nba-draft-trades-best-deals-see

Suns go 1-2
Kings get: Devin Booker, Jared Dudley
Suns get: Bogdan Bogdanovic, No. 2
Han: Sacramento craves a star. But rather than send the No. 2 overall pick off for a Kawhi rental, why not aim for a player still on his rookie contract and eligible to extend for five more seasons?
In Booker, the Kings would add a 20-point scorer on a similar timeline with De'Aaron Fox and Buddy Hield, building a perimeter-oriented shooting lineup in the Bay Area mold owner Vivek Ranadive so desperately covets.
For Phoenix, Deandre Ayton or Luka Doncic. Luka Doncic or Deandre Ayton. Why choose? If the most valuable asset to the Suns is the No. 1 overall pick and there is any doubt over who should be selected first, just get both prospects. Oh, and pick up a sneaky good player in Bogdanovic in the process.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That would be a terrible trade. Even with Ayton, Booker is still the face of the franchise. Trading Booker for an unproven rookie within the same division would haunt them for the next decade, if not more. This is one of the only moves that the Suns could make that would cause me to give up on them entirely and quit watching the NBA.

If people think fans would revolt if the Suns don't take Ayton #1 then I'm not sure what would happen if the Suns traded Booker for an unproven foreign rookie and a player they drafted and held the rights to just 2 years ago. A full scale riot at the Suns draft party is a possibility.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Howard has become forgotten. He played in 81 games last season, his best year for health since 2009-10, and was third in the league in rebounding. Yet I'll bet the average fan assumes he has already retired.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael Jordan is the Forrest Gump of NBA EXECS

without the luck.

I see no point of that trade at all for Charlotte.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

without the luck.

I guess it was to avoid the lux tax this year, but they had to sacrifice future cap space.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

without the luck.

It's because Howard was hated by his teammates. They took on an extra year of salary to be done with him and get him away from their team. That's the story that some are running with, including Zach Lowe.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Howard has become forgotten. He played in 81 games last season, his best year for health since 2009-10, and was third in the league in rebounding. Yet I'll bet the average fan assumes he has already retired.

That's because in today's NBA guys like Howard are role players.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

without the luck.
It's because Howard was hated by his teammates. They took on an extra year of salary to be done with him and get him away from their team. That's the story that some are running with, including Zach Lowe.

What is it about Howard that makes everyone dislike him so much? Is it that huge Arsenio Hall smile all the time?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Knicks trading up to #4 and how do they get there?

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonna be a wild draft. Teams all over are looking to move around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison