Summer League 2018

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Much better than anything seen from Earl Watson even during regular season.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought of it more as a personal opinion than an attack, but thank you for showing me what a personal attack looks like, now I will know.
I should’ve added “unwarranted” because yes mine was a personal attack as well but warranted.

Insinuating someone as tone deaf isn’t a personal opinion. If I said “Anyone who think all the Suns players at great without weaknesses must be mentally challenged”, that would be an insult as well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I should’ve added “unwarranted” because yes mine was a personal attack as well but warranted.

Insinuating someone as tone deaf isn’t a personal opinion. If I said “Anyone who think all the Suns players at great without weaknesses must be mentally challenged”, that would be an insult as well.
You’re equating “tone deaf” to “mentally challenged.” Oooookay . . .

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bamba is talking smack. Let's save some insults for the Magic game thread. :madarms:

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that are overall defensive intensity is through the roof? The HC must be drilling into them:

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

Shaq is playing ELITE D at this point (yes, I know it's only SL). Davon, Bridges, and Bender are playing at a high level as well. Ayton, Okobo, and JJ looked a lot better in the last game. I have a lot of hope for a team where the HC believes in solid D.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that are overall defensive intensity is through the roof? The HC must be drilling into them:

Shaq is playing ELITE D at this point (yes, I know it's only SL). Davon, Bridges, and Bender are playing at a high level as well. Ayton, Okobo, and JJ looked a lot better in the last game. I have a lot of hope for a team where the HC believes in solid D.
Yup. But I think it’s more than just coaching. You’ve got Shaq, Bridges, JJ, Reed and bender who take pride in defense. Their intensity and focus on that end is contagious when there’s that many of them. No one the court with them wants to be “the guy” that lets up the score.

And yeah, Shaq is playing ridiculous D.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yup. But I think it’s more than just coaching. You’ve got Shaq, Bridges, JJ, Reed and bender who take pride in defense. Their intensity and focus on that end is contagious when there’s that many of them. No one the court with them wants to be “the guy” that lets up the score.

And yeah, Shaq is playing ridiculous D.
Even Ayton is out there hustling and being vocal on defense. I can’t remember the last time we had a big man that actually gave a crap about defense

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've noticed the Suns defensive intensity as well. They are very active with their hands not allowing opponents to put the ball on the floor without being challenged. It can totally disrupt the rhythm of an offense. Shaq is a one man wrecking crew.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I believe. I'm waiting for the match ups to be announced.

hasn't got a time on NBA TV yet?

The three complete games I've watched of the summer league are more than the total of the last eight seasons... as far as complete Suns games are concerned.

I'm so freaking jacked about the future of this team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hasn't got a time on NBA TV yet?

The three complete games I've watched of the summer league are more than the total of the last eight seasons... as far as complete Suns games are concerned.

I'm so freaking jacked about the future of this team.

Right now NBA TV and ESPN has TBA. The summer league doesn't have the schedule out either as of this moment.

Patience. It should be out soon enough. :wink2:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even Ayton is out there hustling and being vocal on defense. I can’t remember the last time we had a big man that actually gave a crap about defense

That's been one issue I've had with Chandler. Not sure if he doesn't care or physically can't get off the ground, probably a mixture of both, but he doesn't do that much defensively. He's not a leader calling things out or trying to reject shots at the rim. He does jump for alley-oops so I think part of it is being unmotivated. I'd like for him to be a mentor to Ayton but I'm not sure if he would really be that good of a teacher. Len didn't benefit from playing with him, so who knows.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Right now NBA TV and ESPN has TBA. The summer league doesn't have the schedule out either as of this moment.

Patience. It should be out soon enough. :wink2:
It will come out at some point after the last games are played today.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's been one issue I've had with Chandler. Not sure if he doesn't care or physically can't get off the ground, probably a mixture of both, but he doesn't do that much defensively. He's not a leader calling things out or trying to reject shots at the rim. He does jump for alley-oops so I think part of it is being unmotivated. I'd like for him to be a mentor to Ayton but I'm not sure if he would really be that good of a teacher. Len didn't benefit from playing with him, so who knows.
Chandler isn't much of a defender anymore. All he's really good for is rebounding and that's it. I remember that play against Boston where the Celtics kept getting rebounds and open looks again and again and the video of that play went viral to bash the Suns, I was shocked to see that Tyson was one of the players not defending at all. I can understand the other young players maybe doing it but a guy making as much $$ as him and being a vet, it was surprising. This is the one I'm talking about btw

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns are the third seed. They play the 76ers and, if they win, move on to the winner of Spurs vs Bucks.