Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I’ve heard is Keim has been “spiraling” for weeks now with prescription drug/alcohol use. And most of his closest friends can’t track him down so everyone assumes treatment. Only a handful of people know where he is I guess.
Maybe he's been spiraling because he's worried about the truth of what happened in Mexico coming out?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
All I’ve heard is Keim has been “spiraling” for weeks now with prescription drug/alcohol use. And most of his closest friends can’t track him down so everyone assumes treatment. Only a handful of people know where he is I guess.
Wow, that's even worse than some of us were thinking. So maybe the leave isn't voluntary, after all. I hope he gets the help he needs.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
By the way - when I bumped into Keim getting hammered bar-hopping at 10am on Broadway last year day before Titans game in Nashville he was with Mark Grace and AW.

Anyone who thinks AW has the chops to handle being GM is delusional. Great player and former Cardinal legend but the rest of the league would chew him up and spit him out. Him getting the gig would be Bill Sr. level stupidity and dysfunction.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
By the way - when I bumped into Keim getting hammered bar-hopping at 10am on Broadway last year day before Titans game in Nashville he was with Mark Grace and AW.

Anyone who thinks AW has the chops to handle being GM is delusional. Great player and former Cardinal legend but the rest of the league would chew him up and spit him out.
Gracie was probably out on a Slump Buster and AW was the DD.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If Bidwill put language in kylers contract regarding study, it’s highly conceivable he put language in Keim’s regarding substance use.

The press release (….”by law….”) tells me the organization is not happy.

AZ is a right to work state- ANY employer can fire ANY employee for ANY reason.

This series of events screams to me ish is coming down the pipe, and SK is doing what’s best for him.

Kugler filing a grievance is just another dish arriving to the pot luck party.

This all goes back to MB imo.

What a ish show….

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Big picture - How MB handles this is going to determine our next few decades guys unless there’s some miraculous sale of the team. If he just plugs in another unqualified lackey GM to replace his other buddy who was a drunk unqualified lackey GM and then only makes some cosmetic changes around the building we are going to continue sucking more or less forever.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Anyone who thinks AW has the chops to handle being GM is delusional. Great player and former Cardinal legend but the rest of the league would chew him up and spit him out. Him getting the gig would be Bill Sr. level stupidity and dysfunction.
I hope the Cardinals decide to hire a brand new GM instead of promoting from within but man is that tough to believe.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Bidwill put language in kylers contract regarding study, it’s highly conceivable he put language in Keim’s regarding substance use.

The press release (….”by law….”) tells me the organization is not happy.

AZ is a right to work state- ANY employer can fire ANY employee for ANY reason.

This series of events screams to me ish is coming down the pipe, and SK is doing what’s best for him.

Kugler filing a grievance is just another dish arriving to the pot luck party.

What a ish show….
Conceivable sure, unlikely though. You don't put those clauses in for your close personal friends.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

True story?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Big picture - How MB handles this is going to determine our next few decades guys unless there’s some miraculous sale of the team. If he just plugs in another unqualified lackey GM to replace his other buddy who was a drunk unqualified lackey GM and then only makes some cosmetic changes around the building we are going to continue sucking more or less forever.
Again, to go full pessimist an easy out for Mike would be to fire Keim, promote Harris or Wilson and then have the GM keep Kliff. You would have your sacrificial lamb but still save money.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

So you’re saying with certainty this is going to happen. Joy.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What a ish show….
What a thrilling and encouraging time to be a fan. If the company is truly a reflection of the owner, I wonder what skeletons this guy keeps locked up nice and tight?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
when I bumped into Keim getting hammered bar-hopping at 10am on Broadway last year day before Titans game in Nashville
assuming you mean 10PM (Sat night) -- because 10am the day of the game takes it to a whole new level

football karma

Reaction score
technically, Quentin Harris is higher on the Org Chart than AW

not sure if that matters or not

football karma

Reaction score
10am on Saturday, day before the game.

I was having a Bloody Mary so not judging Grace but of course I was there for fun not work.
day drinking does have a certain appeal to it: but not on a business trip

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson