Steve Keim taking an indefinite, health-related leave of absence

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The optimistic side of me wants to believe this is step one.
Next step hire Jeff Ireland from New Orleans as Cardinals GM.
Step 3 is that Ireland is able to convince Sean Payton to come to Arizona.

It IS Christmas time and miracles do happen. After this season we are due one.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had one drink and was taking someone home who was much more drunk.

Fact of the matter is, if he had done that 3 months later, he would have been lauded as the responsible one.
If he had done it three months later he wouldn’t have broken the law.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to rehab is for health. If one goes to rehab you are not "fine" healthwise.
I understand that but rehab is generally not viewed as the same level of seriousness compared to heart issues or cancer. Maybe kids were asking if his dad was seriously ill or dying and his kid said “He’s fine.” to end that kind of concern. That’s all I meant.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I understand that but rehab is generally not viewed as the same level of seriousness compared to heart issues or cancer. Maybe kids were asking if his dad was seriously ill or dying and his kid said “He’s fine.” to end that kind of concern. That’s all I meant.
you think his kid would say "nah, he's not alright, he's going to rehab for his drinking problem" to school kids, even if true? no chance.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's go a level deeper here.

If our roster was so bad that we had to rely on an actual punter to start at quarterback, who in the hell was our BACKUP quarterback????
We had drafted tupa to be a QB. Of course we were the cardinals and so he was really a punter.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my experience, virtually no one goes of their own volition. Generally dragged kicking and screaming by family, friends, or employers. it is not without feeling a sense of shame. I've been in rehab.. It's not what I would term as a happy place.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he had lived in any other civilized nation on the planet, he wouldn't have broken the law. Old enough to buy a gun, die in war, but not have a drink or cigarette.
Don't like it? Follow the laws or get them changed, but don't complain about a friend knowingly breaking existing laws like it wasn't his fault.

"Gosh darn it, that shouldn't be a law." is a bad defense.

Sidenote: If this happened more than 3 years ago the age to buy cigarettes would have only been 18 at that time.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask yourself: “If we were in the midst of a winning streak, would SK take leave?”
Depends on information we do not know at this time. Depends on the exact reason for stepping aside and whether or not it was voluntary or not.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is a nice way for him to leave gracefullyish

Same but I wish they would just pull the plaster off so we can celebrate.

This feels like an end of season cliff hanger. The bad guy is finally dead but in a way you don't see the body. They fell off the cliff into the dark ocean and you can't celebrate because you know that he's going to wash up on a beach in episode 1 next year and carry right on where he left off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

yes that is how I took it. It's not something physical but is more related to mental health.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson