Banned from P+R
Reaction score
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8111088/

Pedro Pascal
Nick Nolte
Carl Weathers

a star wars story placed between return of the jedi and TFA

set to debut on disney streaming november 12th

not sure if its worth buying disney streaming for, lol... but I am hoping this show leaks to other avenues of viewing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

the video discusses leaked info... no real trailor is expected until after the panel at comic con

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Looks interesting at least. I'm cool that it's not Boba Fett, but some other Mando. Hopefully it turns out well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait. Take my money now Disney streaming.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest trailer dropped. Who has signed up for Disney+???

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just finished the first episode (can't binge watch as they are only releasing one episode at a time). It was good. Look forward to seeing the rest.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Big fan of the first episode, a lot of little nods to the movies and a ton of attention to detail. Love it so far.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First episode was decent. I like the tone. Feels like old school Star Wars from the outset. I am curious though if there is going to be a real overarching arc or if this is going to be "arc light" and more episodic as it unfolds. The reveal at the end was pretty cool and I am hoping that goes somewhere verses just a nod.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
First episode was decent. I like the tone. Feels like old school Star Wars from the outset. I am curious though if there is going to be a real overarching arc or if this is going to be "arc light" and more episodic as it unfolds. The reveal at the end was pretty cool and I am hoping that goes somewhere verses just a nod.
I read some fan speculation that the reveal in EP 1 may have something to do with Palpatine and Rise of Skywalker. That's all I'll say...you can find it online, if you want to read more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We signed up for D+ and The Mandalorian was the first thing we watched. We enjoyed the first episode quite a bit.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read some fan speculation that the reveal in EP 1 may have something to do with Palpatine and Rise of Skywalker. That's all I'll say...you can find it online, if you want to read more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think I know what your referencing.

If you are referencing the "researching" Yoda's species to prolong the Emperor's life that is possible. Although the current implication is that the Emperor knows how to create life from his master. Then there are the other Sith lore stories out there that says the Emperor can embody another "vessel". The first thing that came to mind for me is something much simpler.

Yoda is probably considered the most power Jedi to ever live. Maybe Yoda's species can channel the force better than anyone. Knowing how powerful Yoda is, the Emperor could raise someone from his race to wield the power of the dark side. If he created "skywalker" or "Rey" clones as his foot soldiers while using this "baby" as his apprentice? I can't imagine a more terrifying thing for the Emperor to do.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 1 Review:

1st act was a total slog, 2nd act was boring, 3rd act was good.

The end.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've been slagging off Disney + because they're not Netflix dropping shows, instead trickling them out once a week. If you're like me and the Mandalorian and new Marvel shows are all you care about, it's pretty bad of a ripoff. Just wait for them all to be out to watch.

But...BUT...I learned a get a free year with FIOS. So now I'm in :)

My first watch was the original Disney Robin Hood cartoon :)

Best Disney movie ever.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I didn't just read that about ROBIN HOOD, did I??

Yep. For my money, anyway. It's just a combination of nostalgia, seeing it at just the right time as a kid, and hitting all the right notes for my tastes then. I still, to this day, whistle the Will Scarlet rooster song from the beginning. I'm not saying it's the best they've ever done, but it's my fave.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep. For my money, anyway. It's just a combination of nostalgia, seeing it at just the right time as a kid, and hitting all the right notes for my tastes then. I still, to this day, thistle the Will Scarlet rooster song from the beginning. I'm not saying it's the best they've ever done, but it's my fave.
You learn something new everyday. I like Robin Hood but I can name at least five more movies I like more, like Pinocchio for example. Peter Pan also. Mileage will vary of course.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liking the show so far but it feels like they are holding back. Each episode seems too short. The season is going to seem way to short. at 12.5 million per episode (100 million) I know it's a huge financial risk but I hope it remains a hit. I would like to season slightly longer running time and at least 12 episodes next season.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liking the show so far but it feels like they are holding back. Each episode seems too short. The season is going to seem way to short. at 12.5 million per episode (100 million) I know it's a huge financial risk but I hope it remains a hit. I would like to season slightly longer running time and at least 12 episodes next season.

Disney will make all of that money back in Baby Yoda merchandise alone.

:yoda:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched all five this weekend. Feels like an old western series put in space. I really like Pascal, great choice. Really interesting seeing the the back story Mandolorian tribe stuff. Music is very odd, but it works.

Great job on the jawas! "You sound like a Wookiee." LOL

How many other "Yodas" have we seen in the universe, 2-3 total?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose