Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It occurs to me that mystical powers are cool and all that, but apparently they're not getting anyone laid. These Yodas need to spend less time on the Force and more time on the intercourse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm stunned by how tepid this show is. Feels like Disney gave the writing staff of Xena Warrior Princess the keys to Star Wars and said do whatever you want with it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched all five this weekend. Feels like an old western series put in space. I really like Pascal, great choice. Really interesting seeing the the back story Mandolorian tribe stuff. Music is very odd, but it works.

Great job on the jawas! "You sound like a Wookiee." LOL

How many other "Yodas" have we seen in the universe, 2-3 total?

Totally agree. There have been moments of awesome. I still feel like they are playing it safe at times or holding it back. I think it's a great introduction to the world. I can see what they are doing in terms of feeling out the audience in this first season. I expect the show to evolve over time and not every season is going to have a baby "Yoda" in it. I know it's probably a cost issue but the part that keeps bugging me is how short each episode is.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm stunned by how tepid this show is. Feels like Disney gave the writing staff of Xena Warrior Princess the keys to Star Wars and said do whatever you want with it.

It feels more like Rogue One than anything else they've done. I don't see that as a negative at all, though. It's neat, IMO, to explore the universe from a smaller POV.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Besides it being short, the one thing that stands out to me that could be a negative is that the main story seems to be going nowhere. It's become a pretty episodic show with little to no carryover.

I still really like it, but it seems strange that nothing is really happening for several episodes now. New characters come and go in each episode with no carryover.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides it being short, the one thing that stands out to me that could be a negative is that the main story seems to be going nowhere. It's become a pretty episodic show with little to no carryover.

I still really like it, but it seems strange that nothing is really happening for several episodes now. New characters come and go in each episode with no carryover.

x1000

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It seems to me that we're learning a lot about the character himself. It could be they're going nowhere, but I could see where there have been hints about things brewing just under the surface. We've got the Mandolorian tribe coming out of hiding. We've got something sinister going on with the Empire that is supposed to be dead. Mando is still trying to figure out what to do with the kid and how that's changing himself in the process. He betrayed the guild, so that's out there. I mean, we're five eps in.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sort of what I was getting at above when I said they feel like they are "holding back". I can't put my finger on it. Not sure if it's because they were trying to establish a general audience or because they are setting something up. I definitely agree that it seems like the story hasn't progressed the last couple episodes. It sucks because we only have a few episodes left. Overall though still loving it. I just hope the season ends with a bang instead of a whimper.

P.S. I wonder how much of the last few episodes was "filler" out of budget considerations based on the astronomical budget of this show.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think chap nailed it. I enjoyed the first couple episodes as it was fun to wade to into Star Wars universe again. Liked seeing the band of mandalorians. It man it’s just gone kinda nowhere. And the episode where he and shock trooper help the village did kinda seem like something outta Xena (as cheese put it). Not exotic location. Not exotic people. Even the “raiders” seemed kinda forced but not really creative and stiff.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To top it off, they keep teasing this guy with the boots (Boba Fett, possibly?). The only point I see for that is to get people to watch the next episode.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To top it off, they keep teasing this guy with the boots (Boba Fett, possibly?). The only point I see for that is to get people to watch the next episode.

That would be a massive reveal as they have not really confirmed (post ejection of extended universe) that he survived the pit. Since this is post ROTJ that would be a major reveal he was still running around the universe after that time frame.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Footage from the original TV show concept (by Lucas) is now online. The show was Star Wars: Underworld. Have to be honest. Didn't exactly excite me in any way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Interesting. Footage from the original TV show concept (by Lucas) is now online. The show was Star Wars: Underworld. Have to be honest. Didn't exactly excite me in any way.

The first few seconds already killed it for me. Who's fluffing idea was it to have her wear stilettos in what appears to be Jedi robes? Even if they weren't Jedi robes, who TF would put on stilettos for what is obviously a covert and dangerous mission?

If this were Fast and Furious, I can see that. Not Star Wars.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I read this when it was announced. Makes sense considering BF was a clone of Jango. Unless it's flashbacks this would be the first official confirmation Boba Bett survived the sarlacc pit. It could be just that. Flashbacks. Maybe he is the one that saved Din.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LET'S FREAKIN' GO!!!! 10-30-20

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent start to the new season. It's going to be over so fast and then we're screwed. :pullhair:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really liked the second episode. Seemed to be different setting then all the others as he wasn't placed into a setting where he has to save the village/town like he does on every other episode. This one seemed more Star Wars-ish..

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Watched all five this weekend. Feels like an old western series put in space.

That was my first thought. Good think I'm not paying (friend shared their account) just to watch this. Only other thing I've watched on Disney+ is the Smithsonian channel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose