Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that was a good episode. Especially after last week.

They mentioned Project Necromancer which is a tie to reviving/cloning of the Emperor. Makes you think that Grogu’s species likely has the high Midichlorian count needed or there might be some truth to Grogu being a Yoda clone. Which is why they wanted him so bad.

Also, love the rest of the episode which explains that the Empire was hiding in the shadows only pretending to be separate factions (warlords). This pretty much lays the groundwork for what becomes the First Order.

Also, fun fact. The original Boba armor was all white and George Lucas had his idea to have 100 Supertroopers wearing it. It was too expensive. Now his idea has come full circle.

Things are starting to come together.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that was a good episode. Especially after last week.

They mentioned Project Necromancer which is a tie to reviving/cloning of the Emperor. Makes you think that Grogu’s species likely has the high Midichlorian count needed or there might be some truth to Grogu being a Yoda clone. Which is why they wanted him so bad.

Also, love the rest of the episode which explains that the Empire was hiding in the shadows only pretending to be separate factions (warlords). This pretty much lays the groundwork for what becomes the First Order.

Also, fun fact. The original Boba armor was all white and George Lucas had his idea to have 100 Supertroopers wearing it. It was too expensive. Now his idea has come full circle.

Things are starting to come together.

Loved it.

Of course, since everyone else quit watching, we're probably the only ones left to comment on the show. ;)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Loved it.

Of course, since everyone else quit watching, we're probably the only ones left to comment on the show. ;)
I'm hate watching still just to finish the season and then I'm done with it. I hated this episode btw. All the show is now is a prequel to the Disney trilogy and setting them up. I have no interest in that. I also found it very predictable with once again the Mandalorians proving that they're one of the dumbest groups around. I really don't know how they survived so long on so few brain cells.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hate watching still just to finish the season and then I'm done with it. I hated this episode btw. All the show is now is a prequel to the Disney trilogy and setting them up. I have no interest in that. I also found it very predictable with once again the Mandalorians proving that they're one of the dumbest groups around. I really don't know how they survived so long on so few brain cells.
To each his own. However, I am not sure why you started this show? It was knowing from jump this was closing the gap between trilogies. This is not new news.

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This week's episode felt more like a series finale than a season finale to me. I had two thoughts on why. First, they're not sure about Pedro's status for the future and wanted a season finale that could act as a series one just in case. The other thought was that it was Favreau's swan song and he's leaving so he wanted to wrap up his part.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This week's episode felt more like a series finale than a season finale to me. I had two thoughts on why. First, they're not sure about Pedro's status for the future and wanted a season finale that could act as a series one just in case. The other thought was that it was Favreau's swan song and he's leaving so he wanted to wrap up his part.
Really? Interesting. It felt the opposite for me. Not really worried about Pedro. He will get paid if that is the issue. In terms of Favreau that was only a rumor. He already said there would be a season 4 and they he has finished all the scripts and that there is a direct tie in to the Ahsoka series.

It's possible the show could center around another Madalorian but I doubt it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was one of the lamest seasons of TV I've ever seen.
I really enjoyed this season but I am a big fan of the Mandalore stuff from the animated series. Having said that? I still maintain they should have left Grogu with Luke in Season 2 and not brought him back. I think it's lame that he is still dragging around the kid. Force or no force. Just don't tell my daughters I said that. They will snuff me out in my sleep.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Really? Interesting. It felt the opposite for me. Not really worried about Pedro. He will get paid if that is the issue. In terms of Favreau that was only a rumor. He already said there would be a season 4 and they he has finished all the scripts and that there is a direct tie in to the Ahsoka series.

It's possible the show could center around another Madalorian but I doubt it.

Yeah, watching it last night, everything after the shield felt like an show epilogue to me. Sort of a "here's where all of the chars go to live out the rest of their lives" type of thing. It probably won't be that but it feels like they gave themselves an out if needed.

And as far as Favreau saying that about S4, I believe that as much as I believe any GM give us their draft strategy right now. It might be true but we seen that type of lip service plenty of times while the season is airing to then have changes made post season. Maybe he'll have health "issues", take a year off, and then sign with DC to win a championship. ;)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, watching it last night, everything after the shield felt like an show epilogue to me. Sort of a "here's where all of the chars go to live out the rest of their lives" type of thing. It probably won't be that but it feels like they gave themselves an out if needed.

And as far as Favreau saying that about S4, I believe that as much as I believe any GM give us their draft strategy right now. It might be true but we seen that type of lip service plenty of times while the season is airing to then have changes made post season. Maybe he'll have health "issues", take a year off, and then sign with DC to win a championship. ;)
Favreau doesn't strike me as the type of guy to spend months writing an entire season to abandon it. Plus, he is working pretty closely with Filoni. I searched and that rumor seems to be just that. There is no credible source saying he is leaving.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the season as a whole. Not perfect by any means, but really enjoyed the last couple episodes.

I'm sure we'll see DMB and Cheese back for Season 4 where they will continue the complaining... ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave