Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Release Date: August 15, 2008
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: David Filoni
Screenwriter: Henry Gilroy, Steven Melching, Scott Murphy
Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: PG (for sci-fi action violence throughout, brief language and momentary smoking)

Starring: Matt Lanter, Ashley Eckstein, James Arnold Taylor, Dee Bradley Baker, Nika Futterman, Ian Abercrombie, Corey Burton, Catherine Taber

Plot Summary: "Star Wars" takes on a dazzling new look in the first-ever animated feature from Lucasfilm Animation - "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, the heroic Jedi Knights struggle to maintain order and restore peace. More and more systems are falling prey to the forces of the dark side as the Galactic Republic slips further and further under the sway of the Separatists and their never-ending droid army. Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan learner Ahsoka Tano find themselves on a mission with far-reaching consequences, one that brings them face-to-face with crime lord Jabba the Hutt. But Count Dooku and his sinister agents, including the nefarious Asajj Ventress, will stop at nothing to ensure that Anakin and Ahsoka fail at their quest. Meanwhile, on the front lines of the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Yoda lead the massive clone army in a valiant effort to resist the forces of the dark side.

You must be registered for see images

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I admit I saw this, I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars. It was OK, just OK nothing special. I really liked the animation but the story left a lot to be desired.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my son and his friends for his birthday. Not as bad as the reviews stated. However, it definitely a kids cartoon. The biggest issues (besides the dumb story) that I had was that they are messing with continuity in this movie IMO. Anakin Skywalker was not granted the rank of Master in Episode III. Therefore, never should have had a Padawan learner assigned to him.

Stupid story. Stupid mistake. Waste of an opportunity for a movie.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I took my son and his friends for his birthday. Not as bad as the reviews stated. However, it definitely a kids cartoon. The biggest issues (besides the dumb story) that I had was that they are messing with continuity in this movie IMO. Anakin Skywalker was not granted the rank of Master in Episode III. Therefore, never should have had a Padawan learner assigned to him.

Stupid story. Stupid mistake. Waste of an opportunity for a movie.

Actually you do not have to be a Master to have a Padawan. Qui Gonn was a Master but Obi Wan was not a Master when he took Anakin as his Padawan.

A Padawan referring to their teacher as "Master" is akin to calling him "sir".

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually you do not have to be a Master to have a Padawan. Qui Gonn was a Master but Obi Wan was not a Master when he took Anakin as his Padawan.

A Padawan referring to their teacher as "Master" is akin to calling him "sir".

Looked it up. Obi didn't become a master until sometime in the Clone Wars. I thought I had read differently in one of the books. My bad.

I will say though that either way this still causes a problem. The council had reservations about AS from day one. They would not have given him a Padawan learner until he was ready for it. Based on how they treated him it sounds as if they never really viewed him as ready (especially because of his relationship with the Palpatine). Plus there was no indication in the last movie. Now they want us to buy simply that they gave him one to help come his wild ways. That's not really in line the the Jedi way of teaching. Oh well it's only a cartoon.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Looked it up. Obi didn't become a master until sometime in the Clone Wars. I thought I had read differently in one of the books. My bad.

I will say though that either way this still causes a problem. The council had reservations about AS from day one. They would not have given him a Padawan learner until he was ready for it. Based on how they treated him it sounds as if they never really viewed him as ready (especially because of his relationship with the Palpatine). Plus there was no indication in the last movie. Now they want us to buy simply that they gave him one to help come his wild ways. That's not really in line the the Jedi way of teaching. Oh well it's only a cartoon.

Yeah I agree with you...it doesn't make sense to give someone they don't trust and consider too impulsive someone to train.

I'm guessing his Padawan bites it sometime in the upcoming cartoon series since she is not around in either the movies or the other Clone War cartoons that take place directly before Ep 3.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you...it doesn't make sense to give someone they don't trust and consider too impulsive someone to train.

I'm guessing his Padawan bites it sometime in the upcoming cartoon series since she is not around in either the movies or the other Clone War cartoons that take place directly before Ep 3.

That was my guess too. She bites it. Again, in the movies though, when Obi tells AS why he didn't get the rank of master, something tells me that losing a your Padawan would be up there for reasons not to make him master and probably would have been mentioned.

I swear Lucas frustrates me sometimes when he thinks of stuff after the fact. He has done that throughout the movie franchise.