Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series (Disney+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney Plus Series Enlists Joby Harold as New Writer

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-plus-series-joby-harold-1234569286/

Joby Harold has been tapped to write the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series at Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Ewan McGregor confirmed last August that he would be reprising the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the series, and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy had said then that “we have all the scripts written” and that shooting was slated to begin in 2020.

Deborah Chow, the director who helmed part of Jon Favreau’s “The Mandalorian” series on Disney Plus, has been tapped to direct the Obi-Wan series.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hayden Christensen in talks to reprise his role in new Obi Wan Kenobi series. Not sure how this would work because you couldn't have them meet. However, could this be Hayden in force ghost interactions with Obi? It would be awesome if they showed vader hunting down Jedi as well.

https://lrmonline.com/news/hayden-c...ywalker-in-kenobi-series-lrm-top-shelf-rumor/
Hayden needs the work. He'll take anything, even if his face is covered by a mask.

Works for Pedro Pascal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hayden needs the work. He'll take anything, even if his face is covered by a mask.

Works for Pedro Pascal.

I have soften on Hayden over the years. Yes, there were times I liked what he was doing and other times cringe. I think he took a bunch of heat for the Lucas and his dialogue. No he is no Oscar caliber actor but I have watched interviews with him at Cons. He really loves the franchise and really seems to care about the fans. This is more of a "good for you" thing with a tad of nostalgia.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have soften on Hayden over the years. Yes, there were times I liked what he was doing and other times cringe. I think he took a bunch of heat for the Lucas and his dialogue. No he is no Oscar caliber actor but I have watched interviews with him at Cons. He really loves the franchise and really seems to care about the fans. This is more of a "good for you" thing with a tad of nostalgia.

He got a raw deal. A few years ago he went to his first convention, I think it was SDCC and walked out knowing what had been said about him, his exile, and fans welcomed him with open arms. His reaction was great. I hope this can be redemption for him.

And, his lightsaber skills were sick.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I can't think of a series I have ever looked forward to as much as this one. Ewan's portrayal as Obi Wan was the absolute best part of the pre-quels. It's unfortunate it is a limited series because I know when it ends I will want more (unless it ends right before he shows up in A New Hope then I guess).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a wrap and 2022 can't come fast enough. Can't wait to see this on screen.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Releasing on Star Wars Day. Nice touch. :cool:

:jedi:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Releasing on Star Wars Day. Nice touch. :cool:

:jedi:

Easily the most anticipated of the Disney shows for me. This better be good. I am looking forward to Asoka almost as much. Either way, it's great to be a Star Wars fan right now. The only thing that could be better is some solid news on the next movie outings.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I want to like this, but Disney's record lately has been abysmal. I also don't like their continual effort to retcon the OT and the PT.

This one I think I'm going to have a lot of trouble with for that. It also feels like a really cheap stunt to bring Vader back in it as a villain to Obi-Wan.

After Boba Fett it really feels like they're treading water and not moving things forward at all. I wish for some of this they'd do a time jump to like 30 or 40 years after the Disney Trilogy so that they can start building new lore and not going in circles with Tatooine being the entire universe.

It's also becoming apparent that they're never going to retcon the DT like most fan would love to see. They're using these shows to build the groundwork for events that occurred in them and then can say "see, our trilogy fits in with everything."

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one I think I'm going to have a lot of trouble with for that. It also feels like a really cheap stunt to bring Vader back in it as a villain to Obi-Wan.

After Boba Fett it really feels like they're treading water and not moving things forward at all. I wish for some of this they'd do a time jump to like 30 or 40 years after the Disney Trilogy so that they can start building new lore and not going in circles with Tatooine being the entire universe.

It's also becoming apparent that they're never going to retcon the DT like most fan would love to see. They're using these shows to build the groundwork for events that occurred in them and then can say "see, our trilogy fits in with everything."
I regret I can only like this once.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am worried that if they don't do the Vader thing right it will make Vader seem weaker. Other than that I am excited to see this. In terms of RETCON of the DT? There are a ton of people (especially younger generation) who love it. The only people talking about RETCON are the purist. Also, it would be beyond stupid to RETCON something that just came out. LOL. That was never a thing. It never will be. TFA is still one my favorite SW movies.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I've loved the Disney+ Star Wars series so far, Mandalorian has been better than Fett (and the Fett episodes that included Mando were IMO the best of that series) but even saying that I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Obi Wan is the series I have been looking forward to most, wish they had done a full movie (instead of Solo) but a limited series is still pretty cool, especially considering they don't skimp on the production.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes! Finally we get to see the Inquisitors in live action. For those that don’t know they are basically the Sith version of a Padawan but much more brutal. There is no second prize and they are all basically vying to be the next Sith apprentice. You can guess what happens to the rest after the Sith Apprentice is chosen. Their job is to hunt down the Jedi that escaped after ROTS and any force sensatives they can find.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes! Finally we get to see the Inquisitors in live action. For those that don’t know they are basically the Sith version of a Padawan but much more brutal. There is no second prize and they are all basically vying to be the next Sith apprentice. You can guess what happens to the rest after the Sith Apprentice is chosen. Their job is to hunt down the Jedi that escaped after ROTS and any force sensatives they can find.

Looks fantastic

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not a lot of Kenobi in that Kenobi trailer. But I like the looks of it.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does look good, but I have no confidence in Disney SW. I'll watch and hope for the best.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks so good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose