Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series (Disney+)

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really enjoy watching the New Rockstars show recap videos.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… that was the first episode that had me rolling my eyes at a lot of dumb stuff going on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… that was the first episode that had me rolling my eyes at a lot of dumb stuff going on.
I liked it but yeah, there was some head scratching moments. A certain guy being PO though? That was pretty cool. Also.........
The Tomb was DARK. I mean, I kind of always figured the Inquisitors and Vader killed the Jedi they hunted down but my gosh. They were like trophies. There was even a youngling. Probably one of the coolest and darkest things I have seen to date in Star Wars. WOW. Also, for Clone Wars fans? One of the Jedi in that tomb was a fan favorite and has big links to Ahsoka Tano. His name was Tera Sinube. The grim prospect of how a fan favorite died now? Like I said...wow. The Marvel like approach at interweaving all the stories is my favorite thing happening with all this stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Reaction score

That got to be so dumb. No, don't pay attention to the three foot wide protrusion off my right hip that has feet. Nothing to see here.

I'm still having issues with the fight scene choreography too. All of the light saber work feels lazy like it's casually being moved around and not being swung with purpose. The way no one can touch Obi-wan when he's surround at point blank range is a bit bad too. The concept is fine, it's the execution of it.

And how does not one drop of water make it though that door? We needed some practical effect to go with the CGI there. At least have a guy off camera throw a bucket of water when he crosses the threshold.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That got to be so dumb. No, don't pay attention to the three foot wide protrusion off my right hip that has feet. Nothing to see here.

I'm still having issues with the fight scene choreography too. All of the light saber work feels lazy like it's casually being moved around and not being swung with purpose. The way no one can touch Obi-wan when he's surround at point blank range is a bit bad too. The concept is fine, it's the execution of it.

And how does not one drop of water make it though that door? We needed some practical effect to go with the CGI there. At least have a guy off camera throw a bucket of water when he crosses the threshold.

i literally guffawed when the spy got away from the stromtroopers... by pushing their helmets lightly.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i literally guffawed when the spy got away from the stromtroopers... by pushing their helmets lightly.
Actually, that's an inside joke about them not being able to see out of the helmets. So, pushing them one way or the other? Yeah...they can't see.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's an inside joke about them not being able to see out of the helmets. So, pushing them one way or the other? Yeah...they can't see.
Sorry… that’s just stupid.

As was her literally talking into some kind of microphone to Obi-Wan easily within earshot of… oh everyone else in the room. And how exactly did she still have security privileges there? Like the Empire wouldn’t have thought twice about her entire squad murdered in the previous episode yet she was nowhere to be found.

There was way too much stupid in that episode.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was the worst episode. They’re think leia at age - what, 5 - knows anything of value? And then to insinuate that she does? Stupid. But not as stupid as the lump in obi’s cloak. And man it’s easy to break into vaders lair.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry… that’s just stupid.

As was her literally talking into some kind of microphone to Obi-Wan easily within earshot of… oh everyone else in the room. And how exactly did she still have security privileges there? Like the Empire wouldn’t have thought twice about her entire squad murdered in the previous episode yet she was nowhere to be found.

There was way too much stupid in that episode.
Oh there was still some dumb. Just like them getting very far with Leia under his coat. Yes they got caught but like that wouldn’t have been obvious long before they got there.

If you look at each episode it’s obvious there are a bunch of cooks in the kitchen. Too many. To me the weakness of the show so far is that there are too many writers IMO. I think it’s showing, How else can you explain the awesome mixed in with the ridiculous?!?

It’s basically a 6 hour movie. I think they should have let 1 or 2 writers max write the whole thing. I count 4 so far. In this case less is more.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show started off with such promise…

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not even commenting on it anymore with how bad it got. I think it's behind Boba Fett now in my rankings. Fett was horrible but at least it had the 2 decent Mando episodes.
i thought the first two episodes were really strong, 3rd one was okay (I'm actually not a fan of how they're using Vader) but these last two have been groaners.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved tonight’s episode. Thought it was epic. Made up for the meh last episode for me.