Star Trek: Picard (Paramount+)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting so far. Has potential but not sold just yet.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So one episode a week like Mando, I take it?

Yes and it's complete torture for those of us that like binge watching things. I will say the last 30 seconds could prove to be the hook for me on this show.

My younger son who like me is a big Star Wars fan also loves Star Trek. He grew up on the newer movies. He didn't even watch the older movies or series until we sat down together to watch them. He watched this and called me from his dorm and asked if I had watched it. He said the same thing I did. He said the end might have been what hooked him to at least watch the next episode.

By the way in a bit of AWESOME news....they have invited Whoopi back as Guinan in Season 2. One of my all-time favorite characters.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the show so far but by the 3rd episode I should know if I am hooked or not.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I binged it this weekend and enjoyed it. I didn’t watch the original series but I was still able to enjoy it. I’m sure some of the throw backs would of hit harder if I had watched the original The original series, but I don’t think seeing the original is a precursor to enjoying this. I had seen the movies so I had a basic understanding of the relationships of the characters.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying CBS All Access for the year and we really enjoyed season 1. I talked myself into it because I could share it with my pop in KS.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Just finished season one today on the free trial. Enjoyed it. Looking forward to season two. Wonder if they finally closed the door on Data. Enjoyed seeing some of the old characters.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just finished season one today on the free trial. Enjoyed it. Looking forward to season two. Wonder if they finally closed the door on Data. Enjoyed seeing some of the old characters.
Yes, it’s been reported that Brent Spiner has said he’s done with the character.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Yes, it’s been reported that Brent Spiner has said he’s done with the character.

Not surprised. He can’t play the character forever, given that he actually ages.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprised. He can’t play the character forever, given that he actually ages.

I think either in the extras or on the Wil Wheaton after show (I don't recall) the show runners never intended him to play the character beyond closing the data arc and giving him a proper sendoff.

He will be back as Alton Soong which is good news.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 2 just dropped (March 3)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The beginning of this was awfully convoluted but once they got on track, it was enough to keep us interested. Not sure why they started the way they did. I suppose the long break from the last season didn't help matters much for us as far as getting oriented.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am excited about this season. I am going to enjoy it. Patrick is up there in age which is likely why the show was only planned to run 3 seasons. Love seeing the old characters back and IMO Seven should get her own spinoff show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose