Sorry if this is Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

Tony Pauline, the real deal among these supposed gurus, says his sources say the Cards want Surtain, Horn or Waddle. Obviously that says trade. However, if one can’t be worked out he says the Cards are big on Zaven Collins, Tulsa LB.

My experience says Pauline is well connected and I suspect this info is on point. Collins may be a bit of a shocker, but word is he could be a big time pass rusher for years to come. He’s also a fine all around LB. Don’t let the failure with Reddick color your view of this prospect.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...tulsa-lb-zaven-collins-with-first-round-pick/

2. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I'd love to spend high draft capital at LB or CB personally.

3. wit3card

wit3card Registered

Give me Collins all day. A real OLB opposite Chandler, Someone to build a D with Budda and hopefully Simmons ... gosh I want to have the best D in the league with Kyler on O at some point a mediocre WR/TE coprse and an adequate OL will catapult you in the playoffs and from there...

I'm still an old school believer in Offense wins you game, defense Championships.

4. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

Collins reminds me of Leighton Vanderbilt Esch. He is surprisingly one of the best LBs in coverage and has great instincts. He is a rare prospect that makes plays rushing QB, dropping in coverage and making TFL’s in run game. He really seems to understand the game. Really fits the Patriots mold like Donta Hightower and Jamie Collins

jf-08 and Goldfield like this.
  5. keith wenzel

keith wenzel Free Agent

Harry, always love your insight. This actually makes sense and I hope it is true.CB is a big,big need for this team

6. b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn Registered

I like the kid, watching some of the footage, he reminds me of Dansby

7. juza76

juza76 Registered

I would go with a pure pass rusher

8. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

Agree on Pauline.

Worse players we could take over Collins. Some great 3-4 teams love taking LBs early and often.

9. Vacard

Vacard Registered

With Trey Lance potentially coming to the Niners, I wouldn’t mind the Cards drafting him.

10. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

we have heard from a few NFL connected people that this is the year that pre draft public rankings and NFL rankings are going to have some giant differences

Collins might be one of those players that NFL teams have higher than the public

11. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

I'd be stoked of we get any of those 4.

Our D could be insane with Simmons and Collins at the second level.

12. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

PFF on Collins:

"He consistently made plays in coverage, with four picks and a pass breakup in only eight games. His best attribute when projecting to the next level, though, is what he can do as a blitzer — running backs aren’t blocking this dude. He’s going to be high on any blitz-heavy team’s draft board and will wreak havoc on opposing offenses."

i think the bolded part is maybe why the Cards / Vance are reportedly high on him

a LB group of Golden / Simmons / Collins / CJ gives the D two ILBs who could drop and cover or blitz

lots of flexibility over three downs

13. Lomax to Green 84

Lomax to Green 84 Registered

I have a feeling the Collins goes to the Giants at pick #11. The Giants were rumored to be really high on Isaiah Simmons, but ultimately took the tackle. Collins fits as a similar type of player.

I would be totally stoked if Collins is the pick for the Big Red.

cardncubfan likes this.
  14. BritCard

BritCard Registered

I really like Collins, I posted about him here way back at the start of draft season as one of my favorite players.

If has played predominantly off ball MLB, although Tulsa did move him up the the edge in some situations.

I think he would be superb opposite CJ in the role Reddick had last year. That OLB role has more responsibility for dropping into coverage and playing contain. Collins could excel there with his combination of size and speed.

He's a smart dude too. I wouldn't complain if we took him at #16. if all corners are gone.

We really need to add to this defense. You want to take pressure off Kyler? Then give him a defense he can rely on so he doesn't have to play hero every drive.

15. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

The CB position has so much bust potential, that is scares me to trade up, spend draft capital in the process, and draft a CB. I KNOW we need one, but would rather not trade up if we don’t have to. Problem is that we may have to.

Cardsfaninlouky and slanidrac16 like this.