So much for the Eagles

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am still scratching my head about this. I can't figure out how this guy got the job over other candidates. Has this ever happened before, with someone switching sides of the ball to immediately become a coordinator?

Sort of the same thing: Brian Billick was OC under Denny Green at Minnesota and then goes to the Ravens as HC and wins a SB playing nothing but Defense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My whole first post was about not to take the preseason too seriously and also explained why I think so. Don't know, but seems you haven't read that. However, something can be extracted, some certain situations. That's why they play it, among other things.

One is how well he steps into the pocket with the rush outside. That was awesome, preseason or not, and no, 3rd and 2nd and even many 1st don't show that even in regular season. Stuff like that can translate more than not.

Many players that play great in preseason also play well later on. Some don't translate at all like you point out, some do. It's about finding the situations and evaluating the tapes in the right manner.

There is no doubt that he played alot better than Vince Young for example, that was in very similar situation yesterday.

Meh. It's tough to decide whether a 3rd stringer like Kafka is going to be successful in the league. Preseason is what it is: an audition. It's about what happens in the bright lights of the regular season that proves success.

Many players, such as Rich Bartell (when he was with the Redskins), Max Hall, John Skelton, and others have looked all-world during preseason and couldn't live up to the hype when the games counted. Too many fans buy into the notion that preseason success has a direct correlation with regular season success.

You can analyze game tape on QBs and evaluate their footwork, release, and ability to evade pressure; however, how does he react once the defense starts their #1s and opens up the playbook fully? That's when we figure out whether or not they are worth their weight in gold.

I do know the Eagles felt a bit more comfortable trading Kolb because they like Kafka's skill set, but I imagine in a vacuum, Reid would much rather have Kolb than Kafka backing up Vick. Kolb just had way too much value and wasn't going to play for the Eagles after 2011.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It is preseason, as the Eagles as a whole I really do not read anything into it but from the standpoint of the QB position...I would be very much concerned that my vet QB played so badly against preseason defense schemes. Three picks, that should scare Eagle fans a bit. Great QB play in preseason does not endorse a star is born, but horrid play by your starter says something which is not good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen