Skyrim

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So far this game is pretty incredible. Graphics are much better than Oblivion. Barely scratching the surface of this immense game.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard from a gamer friend that so far the amazing graphics are what sets this apart from the recent Fallout games. I'm interested in this but like BRR said above....i dont have the time to start something like this right now. I'm sure i'll check back into it later on though...

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So far this game is pretty incredible. Graphics are much better than Oblivion. Barely scratching the surface of this immense game.

Are you playing on 360? I occasionally lag when opening menus and conversations. Aside from that and not having the depth of skills that were in Oblivion it's been pretty fun.

OP
OP
SpokaneCardfan

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes I am on the 360. I have not had any issues at all except for losing part of my life to this life sucking B@$*&!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just started it this week. Pretty impressed but hard not to just play more Battlefield.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap on BAD ASS GAME overload. Seriously. Playing BF3, Batman AC, Golden Eye Reloaded, COD MW3, HALO CEA tomorrow, Assassins Creed Revelations at the end of the month, NBA 2k12.......

It rocks to be a 360 owner right now. I am going to be one broke ****.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that this would be on a Black Friday sale. Wishful thinking.... oh well.

I'll probably get this after the new year.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
I was hoping that this would be on a Black Friday sale. Wishful thinking.... oh well.

I'll probably get this after the new year.

If you're a PC gamer, Steam is having a huge sale right now with a new big name game having a good % off every day. Today is 50% off Deus Ex Human Revolution, who know's what tomorrow and Sunday will be. If I see it up, I'll post here, but deals only last for the day (10am PST -> 9:59am PST).

If you're a PC gamer, Steam is just a good service to begin with. I'm addicted. Bought the complete Oblivion pack (all DLC and everything) for $6 the other day.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're a PC gamer, Steam is having a huge sale right now with a new big name game having a good % off every day. Today is 50% off Deus Ex Human Revolution, who know's what tomorrow and Sunday will be. If I see it up, I'll post here, but deals only last for the day (10am PST -> 9:59am PST).

If you're a PC gamer, Steam is just a good service to begin with. I'm addicted. Bought the complete Oblivion pack (all DLC and everything) for $6 the other day.

Not a PC gamer, but I do have CounterStrike on Steam that I play occasionally.

I ended up renting Skyrim from my local blockbuster. Wasted many hours over the weekend.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Just started it a couple days ago and have already put in well over 12 hours. Probably haven't even started scratching the surface of the main story line.

As advertised, the graphics are amazing, and the customization features are endless. This truly is a game that could be played over and over.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Lol. I just saw a random Facebook comment on the wall for Black Sabbath. Some guy posted "I used to facebook like this page like you, until I took an arrow in the knee". ;)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I hate that meme.

It's not even remotely funny. In the game itself or in any of the 1 billion YouTube comments.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Skyrim take place right after Oblivion leaves off? I 86'd my Oblivion and all my character development.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that meme.

It's not even remotely funny. In the game itself or in any of the 1 billion YouTube comments.
I don't get that reference, but why don't you like it? has the potential for laughs. :)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I don't get that reference, but why don't you like it? has the potential for laughs. :)

Every freakin' guard in the game says that in passing. It turns out that the entire group of them used to be adventurers until they took an arrow in the knee. It has been used so much in the game, that people noticed it and started using it outside of the game.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every freakin' guard in the game says that in passing. It turns out that the entire group of them used to be adventurers until they took an arrow in the knee. It has been used so much in the game, that people noticed it and started using it outside of the game.
I see your point then.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Skyrim take place right after Oblivion leaves off? I 86'd my Oblivion and all my character development.

No. It is set 200 years after Oblivion.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I hate that meme.

Kyle Williams used to be an NFL player, but then he took a football to the knee.

:runsforcover:

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I just spent half a day doing nothing but making Iron daggers until I got my smithing up to 100. Dragon armor is worth the effort.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I just spent half a day doing nothing but making Iron daggers until I got my smithing up to 100. Dragon armor is worth the effort.

I did the same thing. Half my game time is attributable to smithing. Then I got the Nightingale armor and wondered if it was really worth the effort.