SKelton inactive.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who cares? Hoyer been here 2 weeks n prob knows offense better than Skelton already.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I wish Whiz, Miller, and Grimm were inactive....the poor cast of characters they have given us at Qb and on the Oline should get all of them the boot. Skelton is just a convienant scapegoat. There have been many under Whiz.He may be back because of his contract but no more excuses. Get the Offense back on track.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Went into this season thinking I had it covered. Had the Kolb jersey and the Skeleton shirt. From starter to not even worthy to be on the roster...that's so Whiz.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is just plain pathetic. Whiz actually thought this guy gave us "the best chance to win" at the beginning of the year? What the hell is the purpose of the offseason? What kind of evaluation process do these guys go through? How can he have fallen so hard?

These are just a fraction of the real questions that need to be asked by the general manager, owner, hell even the media? What in the world have they been looking at? Maybe Whiz has been spending too much time on the golf course?!?!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think you meant to say "inaccurate" all year. ;-)

That was a given! I still laugh at all the peeps on this board last year & before the season this year that thought Skelton was a decent NFL QB! Shame on all of you!!!:mulli:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That was a given! I still laugh at all the peeps on this board last year & before the season this year that thought Skelton was a decent NFL QB! Shame on all of you!!!:mulli:

So you're on board with firing Whisenhunt who also thought Skelton would be a decent NFL QB? Just hard to believe Skelton after finally getting full time work with the starters and coaching staff got worse instead of better.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

So you're on board with firing Whisenhunt who also thought Skelton would be a decent NFL QB? Just hard to believe Skelton after finally getting full time work with the starters and coaching staff got worse instead of better.

Hey Bucky golf Wednesday? It's supposed to get above freezing by noon. :D

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was crystal clear at Training Camp that Skelton had regressed. Kolb was better across the board. It looked like Skelton had put in no work in the off season.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was crystal clear at Training Camp that Skelton had regressed. Kolb was better across the board. It looked like Skelton had put in no work in the off season.

So what I don't get is what in the world was Whiz trying to prove? He once again benched the incumbent starter to send a message? Why on earth did he pay Kolb the bonus to bench him for an ill prepared Skelton? This smacks of egotistical mind games that no one seems to want to address. [as is whiz's MO]

I have not heard one reporter ask Whiz about this. Of course I have not really listened to his press conferences in quite some time, because he never offers any insight. I at the least want to see him squirm.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what I don't get is what in the world was Whiz trying to prove? He once again benched the incumbent starter to send a message? Why on earth did he pay Kolb the bonus to bench him for an ill prepared Skelton? This smacks of egotistical mind games that no one seems to want to address. [as is whiz's MO]

I have not heard one reporter ask Whiz about this. Of course I have not really listened to his press conferences in quite some time, because he never offers any insight. I at the least want to see him squirm.

The bonus to Kolb was paid before eve mini camp. They hadn't seen the turd of an effort Skelton put in on the off season.

The organization paid the bonus to Kolb because you can't go into the season with a second year guy, a rookie, and whomever you find off the free agency scrap heap.

And from training camp on, Kolb looked like the better QB. I was frankly shocked that Skelton was named the starter.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The bonus to Kolb was paid before eve mini camp. They hadn't seen the turd of an effort Skelton put in on the off season.

The organization paid the bonus to Kolb because you can't go into the season with a second year guy, a rookie, and whomever you find off the free agency scrap heap.

And from training camp on, Kolb looked like the better QB. I was frankly shocked that Skelton was named the starter.

I was floored. I swear if I could put cameras up i would. This to me is much more interesting then the crap hard knocks has been putting on the last few years.

They need to put cameras in Tempe to see how a 'whiz kid' can habitually be so completely wrong on picking a QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I was floored. I swear if I could put cameras up i would. This to me is much more interesting then the crap hard knocks has been putting on the last few years.

They need to put cameras in Tempe to see how a 'whiz kid' can habitually be so completely wrong on picking a QB.

Remember the year before Skelton also looked terrible in practice but was able to put it togther on game day. I imagine Whis expected the same and it obviously did not happen.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the year before Skelton also looked terrible in practice but was able to put it togther on game day. I imagine Whis expected the same and it obviously did not happen.

You can add me to the Tyler Wilson bandwagon. Sadly I don't think he will be there when we pick though. He is my #1. Nassib is my #2.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can add me to the Tyler Wilson bandwagon. Sadly I don't think he will be there when we pick though. He is my #1. Nassib is my #2.

Man I would love to get on that bandwaggon. I have not seen much to get excited about. He looks like a guy to me. Perhaps someone could recommend some tape i might have missed?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Man I would love to get on that bandwaggon. I have not seen much to get excited about. He looks like a guy to me. Perhaps someone could recommend some tape i might have missed?

Just watch his junior year tape and you will see his skills more consistently than just flashes he hs shown this year. To break down Tyler Wilson, here is what he brings. He has a strong arm and is willing to push the ball down the field. He has decent mobility and has plus accuracy though his technique can get sloppy at times. He has multiple years of starting experience in the SEC where he led a team that was consistently overmatched in terms of talent. My best comparison is Aaron Rodgers at Cal. He has a lot of tools but needs to refine his mechaincs a bit to develop consistency.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have just watched a lot of games this year since I have gambled more on college football than before.

He is accurate and has a high football IQ. He just has marginal talent around him and plays in a great conference.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just watch his junior year tape and you will see his skills more consistently than just flashes he hs shown this year. To break down Tyler Wilson, here is what he brings. He has a strong arm and is willing to push the ball down the field. He has decent mobility and has plus accuracy though his technique can get sloppy at times. He has multiple years of starting experience in the SEC where he led a team that was consistently overmatched in terms of talent. My best comparison is Aaron Rodgers at Cal. He has a lot of tools but needs to refine his mechaincs a bit to develop consistency.

fail. :bang:

Whiz has shown absolutely no ability to coach em up. :)