Simmons Will Wear the Green Dot

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, at least it means he should be in on most of the defensive plays. The way they were moving his position around it had me wondering if that was even still going to be the case.

I am very concerned about Collins. His instincts seem to be terrible.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to see Simmons play well this year.
I agree 100% however I think we need to temper out enthusiasm a tad for our linebackers when we think about who and what we have in front of them…. Brutal I don’t know if many linebackers would look good with this set of DL and DE besides Watt Who will likely be gone after week three or four….

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I personally don’t give a rip as to who wears the green dot. In college the goons on the sideline who would hold up big pictures of cheeseburgers and flamingos were effectively wearing the green dot.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A fair number of board members were. Their memories are fading.

I'll still admit I thought Simmons was a steal and the clear pick at #8. Clearly, with hindsight, that isn't the case. Still hope he comes good.
I thought the same but I also said after the pick that Joseph will be very likely the worst coach possible to use a hybrid player like him"

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons was thought to go very high by any publication or draft guru. I had a problem seeing how his college game translated to the NFL. Hopefully he puts it together this year.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a big year for both Simmons and Collins. Can Simmons step up and reach his potential, and be a defensive leader. Collins needs to see the field a lot, and will have some growing pains, but hope to see improvement by mid season. IMO VJ needs to commit to him and live with it, and let his play this year speak for itself. Only after will I judge Collins for the future.

Reactions: PJ1

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember u were so excited about Collins pre draft

I still am. What does this have to do with that? Collins is going to be a good player. I have no doubt. Certainly not based on a handful of preseason snaps. Especially when his PFF grade in 2 of those games (for what it's worth) was 93.1 and 71.9. I haven't seen a Ravens grade.

Since when is the Green dot some badge of honor? I simply said I'm not sure why Simmons was never a candidate over Collins considering he's a smart kid with an extra year in the scheme.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not according to Many on this board… They were many are saying that the two linebackers buried on the depth chart that didn’t play in preseason were sure to start and that was a sure sign of it…
Well, Simmons was one of the three LBs who were buried so...

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Like others have said, Simmons calling the signals is some of the best news of the off-season. It is clear evidence that the coaching staff believes that he has arrived as a player and will be on the field 100% of the time. I've heard reports that he has looked good in practice, but this confirms it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Like others have said, Simmons calling the signals is some of the best news of the off-season. It is clear evidence that the coaching staff believes that he has arrived as a player and will be on the field 100% of the time. I've heard reports that he has looked good in practice, but this confirms it.
The implication of significant playing time is nice to see for however long it lasts.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrong. Draft the right player in the first round, in other words. Draft Ray Lewis or Luke Keuchley (sp?) in the 1st round, not Zaven Collins.
We’ve had this discussion before lol c’mon man.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong. Draft the right player in the first round, in other words. Draft Ray Lewis or Luke Keuchley (sp?) in the 1st round, not Zaven Collins.
The fallacy is thinking that either of those two players would be the same players in a Cards uniform.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Simmons was thought to go very high by any publication or draft guru. I had a problem seeing how his college game translated to the NFL. Hopefully he puts it together this year.

I have no problem with the Simmons selection as he was the best player available at a position of need at the time. I think pretty much everyone was happy with the selection at the time. The Collins pick was terrible and indefensible.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe, but a 100 percent assessment shouldn’t be stated as it’s not realistic

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, but there's some myopic view by some board members that it's dumb to draft even HoF-caliber players if they don't play a premium position.

For every Ray Lewis there are what, at least 10 Lane Johnson's?

This Org doesn't help itself. They drain confidence from these kids have doubtful answers "I saw SOME good things from X tonight" and "He's heading in the right direction, slowly but surely". Crap like that. You want players to play with belief, you have to give them that.

They messed both Simmons and Zaven around as rookies.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The fallacy is thinking that either of those two players would be the same players in a Cards uniform.
You really think Ray Lewis or Luke K wouldn't be great players if they were Cards? Interesting.