Simmons Will Wear the Green Dot

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This will make some happy and other will just bash Collins because they can.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Bash Collins because they can? LOL.

This guy? The one who was supposed to be a day one starter?

Oh, it's December, we should be patient!

Uh, maybe he won't be wearing the green dot. What should we set the bar to this year...outsnapping Joe Walker and Tanner Vallejo?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bash Collins because they can? LOL.

This guy? The one who was supposed to be a day one starter?

Oh, it's December, we should be patient!

Uh, maybe he won't be wearing the green dot. What should we set the bar to this year...outsnapping Joe Walker and Tanner Vallejo?
Maybe he meant Simmons, not Collins??? Since that's who's getting the green dot.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he meant Simmons, not Collins??? Since that's who's getting the green dot.
Collins was in line to get the dot. Since he didn't, I'm expecting this thread to be about how much he's sucks vs Simmons and how much he's grown.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he understands that typically that role would be given to Collins (as was discussed when he was drafted), but it's going to Simmons bc Collins still isn't ready.

I'll be very curious to see if Collins makes an impact this year - you can't draft non-premium positions in the first round unless you are 100% confident that they will be good players.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have to wait and see how he performs but this can only be good news… And totally invalidate the premise that the two guys that were buried on the Depth chart we’re going to be starters

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We have to wait and see how he performs but this can only be good news… And totally invalidate the premise that the two guys that were buried on the Depth chart we’re going to be starters
Simmons was always going to play - the question was whether or not Collins is ready to take the next step. If he's losing snaps to a career nobody like Nick Vigil, that's really bad.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons was always going to play - the question was whether or not Collins is ready to take the next step. If he's losing snaps to a career nobody like Nick Vigil, that's really bad.
Not according to Many on this board… They were many are saying that the two linebackers buried on the depth chart that didn’t play in preseason were sure to start and that was a sure sign of it…

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not according to Manny on this board… They were men are saying that the two linebackers buried on the depth chart that didn’t play in preseason were sure to start and that was a sure sign of it…
Weird, I haven't seen much of that. The Simmons hype train has been real, and he showed some signs last year. Collins has looked completely lost so far, but regular season and preseason, and has been getting direct and pointed criticism, even from state TV.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fine with Simmons having the green dot. I won’t make any judgements on Collins until I see the guy get significant snaps all year.
So you won’t be able to gather any evidence about him if he’s nailed to the bench for +60% of defensive snaps tho is year?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m one of these guys who like to watch/play the young guys, especially when you draft very talented guys in the first or second round or so. I think both Collins and Simmons should have been playing at least 50% or so of the defensive snaps since game one. I don’t like that Joseph did not play them and did not play them at their position of strength whatever that might be.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m one of these guys who like to watch/play the young guys, especially when you draft very talented guys in the first or second round or so. I think both Collins and Simmons should have been playing at least 50% or so of the defensive snaps since game one. I don’t like that Joseph did not play them and did not play them at their position of strength whatever that might be.
You’re complaining about usage following a 10-win playoff season? Imagine.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So you won’t be able to gather any evidence about him if he’s nailed to the bench for +60% of defensive snaps tho is year?
Last year Hicks was the vet guy that VJ trusted, and Collins wasn’t ready. It’s a new year and Collins needs to play and play through mistakes. Simmons made a lot of mistakes so give Collins a good run first before burying him. I can recall Hicks not making plays all season, but because he is a vet he gets a pass. I had enough of seeing #58 running 5 yards behind his man.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson