Simmons: Realign to get rid of NFC West

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And the Cards only had 4 of their 10 wins in the division. Were 4-4 vs the rest of the NFC and 2-0 vs the AFC with wins against Houston and Jacksonville.

The only difference between this year and last is the NFC West doesn't have a dominate team. Doesn't mean it should be disbanded.

And Jville was a bad team last year and we nearly lost at home to Houston. Meanwhile we embarrassed ourselves against Indy and Carolina. The Vikings win was nice.

I don't think the NFC West should be dissolved, but to say that it hasn't been the worst division in the league for a while now is disengenuous. Last week they lost to Denver and Oakland, the two worst teams in the AFC West.

Last draft they had two of the top 5 picks including first overall.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The article did not appear to be tongue in cheek.

You must not read much of his work because all of his articles/blogs are tongue in cheek. He writes about sports with a comedic slant for entertainment.

I happen to like most of his work but I can understand those who don't care for it. He doesn't really take himself seriously so I'm not sure why readers would.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Bengals and Browns did a really good imitation of West Coast teams in 2008.

The 4-12 Bengals got crushed 3 times giving up over 30 while not scoring even 7. Meanwhile in the 4-12 Browns last 6 games Cleveland only scored 31 total points and were shut out twice.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bill Simmons should cry me a river. He's an idiot. Anyone that spouts such stuff should be fired and never hired again in that industry.

When a team from a division has 6 wins and gets to the playoffs, wake me up. Until then, this is nothing but a preferential witch hunt that surely would be dropped if the shoe was on the other foot.

Sophistry. Empiricism. Failure. Every time.

This is a case of sophistry, and after two games? Crying wolf a bit early are we?

Forget the facts anymore (as astutely said we ended up being NFC champions), in this world it's all about psychology. Thus, Bill Simmons is NUTS.

The day where the Bill Simmons' ideology is stopped, the day the world might actually progress, instead of regress.

edit: well if it was tongue-in-cheek nvm

But all the other stuff above occurs in this world far too often when people are being far too serious. I guess its sad that while Simmons may be tongue-in-cheek, he's copying exactly how people really operate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoelPHX

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
You must not read much of his work because all of his articles/blogs are tongue in cheek. He writes about sports with a comedic slant for entertainment.

I happen to like most of his work but I can understand those who don't care for it. He doesn't really take himself seriously so I'm not sure why readers would.

Actually I have read plenty of his work. If he is tongue in cheek on this it is his least tongue in cheek work then in a while.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard