Reaction score
Wow
Wilks know how to limitate tigh ends :D

BTW Vance Joseph defensive schemes are friendly for opponents tigh ends

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry when you mention Hamler do you mean outside the first round or in the first round? You said small but very fast but the concern on him is he's already missed essentially 2 full seasons of football due to injuries, senior year of HS and his first year in college(ACL in college not sure what the HS injury was). So for a 20 year old kid he's already had a fairly serious injury history, his medical reports are going to be huge for him.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry when you mention Hamler do you mean outside the first round or in the first round? You said small but very fast but the concern on him is he's already missed essentially 2 full seasons of football due to injuries, senior year of HS and his first year in college(ACL in college not sure what the HS injury was). So for a 20 year old kid he's already had a fairly serious injury history, his medical reports are going to be huge for him.
At this point his height may drop him to round three. My thinking was to use the acquired third round pick. If he outruns Ruggs at the Combine, all bets are off. His performance last says he’ll pass the medical exam. No one I’ve talked with has a red flag on him.

Reaction score
At this point his height may drop him to round three. My thinking was to use the acquired third round pick. If he outruns Ruggs at the Combine, all bets are off. His performance last says he’ll pass the medical exam. No one I’ve talked with has a red flag on him.

Doesn't Hamler have an issue with drops?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
about the only nit on Simmons is that he seems like a finesse player -- not physical.

a really, really effective finesse player
He isn’t a big hitter, but I’d argue that’s better for today’s nfl in terms of staying healthy and penalties

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Young, Brown, Okudah, and Simmons are the defensive elites in this draft. If, unfortunately they are all gone along with the three qb's before our pick, we'd find ourselves with the pick of every offensive player in the draft for ourselves since we don't need a qb. Every lineman, wideout, and back are still sitting there.
It'd be hard to move down. Just take the best tackle right there, if all the defensive studs are gone. Guys like Kinlaw, Chaisson, and Espensa are a tier down and aren't top 10 overall guys.

ps: Simmons is the only player in this draft I'd trade UP for. He'll go #3, 4, or 7.

I would think about trading up for okudah if it only cost a 1st and a 3rd

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a fan of drafting Hamler. He's just a better Isabella. We can't keep drafting in circles to replace players that haven't worked out. Especially after one year.

Plus he's most likely a slot in the league and slot isn't what we need.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a fan of drafting Hamler. He's just a better Isabella. We can't keep drafting in circles to replace players that haven't worked out. Especially after one year.

Plus he's most likely a slot in the league and slot isn't what we need.

This is my issue with retaining Kiem. We've had some of the same key holes for years and he's failed to fill them.

I like the KM pick and I am even optimistic with Kingsbury, but his failures to fix the same holes at linebacker, in the secondary and on the line year after year after year are inexcusable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose