Silo (AppleTV+)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
New show coming in May on ATV+. Looks decent from the trailer and a friend is telling me that the books were really good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn't heard of it until a buddy sent me the trailer this morning. It looks good enough to give it a shot this summer.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
First two episodes are out. Little bit of a slow pace at times but it was good. Lots of good world building to start which is a plus in my book.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half way through the second episode and I'm hooked!

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
E3 didn't work as much for me. The entire suspense of what will happen in the 30 minutes just didn't capture me and I honestly fast forwarded through a bunch of it. I've never been a fan of jump scare suspense like that, especially if I don't have any fear of harm coming to the characters.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
E3 just tells science to go jump off a cliff lol I mean, that was awful. Overall I liked the episode, and tentatively like the series thus far, but I can't suspend my disbelief all the way, now.

I have to agree with Cheese as well. I feel like they could've mixed it up with the characters early and not wait to introduce some, because that's a sharp turn.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am liking the vibe so far. I like the others wish they had introduced some of the characters in a more organic or mixed way, so it didn't feel like a sharp turn on characters. This has some major potential IMO. Almost feels like the FALLOUT games being in a vault.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is turning into a mid show for me. Something I'll watch but I don't get excited for it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I finished episode 5, and wanted more! I very much am enjoying this series!

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm back to liking the show after the last 2 episodes (E3 I didn't like at all). A couple things though. Minor spoilers on last episode and the design of the Silo.

How did Juliette not have the upper body strength to do a pull up when a) she has a mechanical job and those give high body strength, b) her adrenaline was through the roof, and c) at the start of E3 we watched her climb a 100' rope after climbing down? They had already established her climbing ability.

On the Silo design, how do they not have safety nets every couple of levels? Leaving a 140 level drop seems really stupid when you only have 10k people and are placing an even higher value on life. Slips happen and those rails don't really offer much protection. Especially if you're going downhill and have momentum on your side.

I also don't get how they haven't added precautions for stuff like her leatherman falling. That's super dangerous and you'r going to have it happen from time to time on accident never mind someone trying to be nefarious.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm back to liking the show after the last 2 episodes (E3 I didn't like at all). A couple things though. Minor spoilers on last episode and the design of the Silo.

How did Juliette not have the upper body strength to do a pull up when a) she has a mechanical job and those give high body strength, b) her adrenaline was through the roof, and c) at the start of E3 we watched her climb a 100' rope after climbing down? They had already established her climbing ability.

On the Silo design, how do they not have safety nets every couple of levels? Leaving a 140 level drop seems really stupid when you only have 10k people and are placing an even higher value on life. Slips happen and those rails don't really offer much protection. Especially if you're going downhill and have momentum on your side.

I also don't get how they haven't added precautions for stuff like her leatherman falling. That's super dangerous and you'r going to have it happen from time to time on accident never mind someone trying to be nefarious.
If they had safety nets, then you couldn't kill people by pushing them over the railing. Something the author worked into the storyline.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
If they had safety nets, then you couldn't kill people by pushing them over the railing. Something the author worked into the storyline.
Bad writing isn't an excuse. You don't make your world without common sense just to make your job easier. You get creative with it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bad writing isn't an excuse. You don't make your world without common sense just to make your job easier. You get creative with it.
My last job I reported a serious safety issue. To my knowledge that issue still is occurring today. I can see where stuff like this happens. Plus it's been hundreds of years. Maybe they originally had them and didn't have the resources to keep them going?

I watch movies and find these things all the time. My family just rolls their eyes, and tell me to enjoy the show! :lol:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My last job I reported a serious safety issue. To my knowledge that issue still is occurring today. I can see where stuff like this happens. Plus it's been hundreds of years. Maybe they originally had them and didn't have the resources to keep them going?

I watch movies and find these things all the time. My family just rolls their eyes, and tell me to enjoy the show! :lol:

The saying around my house is, "It's a movie, Garth!!!!" :D

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I are through episode 2 and are enjoying it. Not great stuff, but certainly watchable. All that tech and not a single elevator in the place :eek:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Wife and I are through episode 2 and are enjoying it. Not great stuff, but certainly watchable. All that tech and not a single elevator in the place :eek:
I think they mention something about no elevators in one scene. I don't remember why it was they didn't have them.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I think they mention something about no elevators in one scene. I don't remember why it was they didn't have them.
It's a rule in the Pact. Chris hasn't gotten to that episode yet though.

I'm really mixed on this show now. I want to like it but something is just a bit off. I haven't put my finger on it yet. It's like it wants to breath more but is being constrained. Two things that I know for sure that are bugging me is, one, the mixed time lines. It's handling it better than The Witcher and some other shows but I'm getting tired of its form of story telling.

The bigger one that's bugging me is the music. It's such a rip off of what Djawadi did in WestWorld. I was shocked when I saw that it wasn't him. It's bad enough that it keeps taking me out of the show.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I'm really mixed on this show now. I want to like it but something is just a bit off. I haven't put my finger on it yet. It's like it wants to breath more but is being constrained. Two things that I know for sure that are bugging me is, one, the mixed time lines. It's handling it better than The Witcher and some other shows but I'm getting tired of its form of story telling.

The bigger one that's bugging me is the music. It's such a rip off of what Djawadi did in WestWorld. I was shocked when I saw that it wasn't him. It's bad enough that it keeps taking me out of the show.
What if they went Guardians of the Galaxy? Found a relic with great 70's music? LOL!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're correct. I got impatient and looked it up on the net....... and the reason, we thought, is dumb.

For one, after 140 years, the populace if motivated, would easlily have found ways to communicate, and 2, It would seem that there would be at least one elevator, if for no other reason to serve the Judiciary, elected officials, law enforcement and fire protection.

That being said, we are through episode 3 and are enjoying it.