Silo (AppleTV+)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You're correct. I got impatient and looked it up on the net....... and the reason, we thought, is dumb.

For one, after 140 years, the populace if motivated, would easlily have found ways to communicate, and 2, It would seem that there would be at least one elevator, if for no other reason to serve the Judiciary, elected officials, law enforcement and fire protection.

That being said, we are through episode 3 and are enjoying it.
If there was something like you said for Judiciary, from the tone of the show, it would be secret just for judiciary an no-one would know about it.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there was something like you said for Judiciary, from the tone of the show, it would be secret just for judiciary an no-one would know about it.
I get what you're saying and generally agree,..... but the Mayor, an older woman, walking up and down 122 levels seems a bit much....... Okay, a LOT much. Plus.... if you had an insurrection of any kind, you'd need all your cops to get to one area pronto... and not winded. :shrug:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and generally agree,..... but the Mayor, an older woman, walking up and down 122 levels seems a bit much....... Okay, a LOT much. Plus.... if you had an insurrection of any kind, you'd need all your cops to get to one area pronto... and not winded. :shrug:
I got that they had different deputies on different levels. The main sheriff keeps having that lower level deputy visit her in the cafeteria. Seems like they distribute things on different levels. The Mayor, well there's only one Mayor, one Sheriff, etc. I am surprised they don't have any rick shaw type set ups.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to watch the last 2 EP now.

This show really grown on me

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The last episode was probably the best one so far. The hour flew by and I was surprised when it ended. The show's picking up momentum IMO. I just hope for S2 they cut back on having things happen because it's convenient for the plot vs making logical sense.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is it me or Janitorial seems to be running a very modern software and everyone else is using something ancient like MS-DOS 3.1x ??

This show is very slow but somehow I still like it.

So there is a screen in the helmets when they go cleaning ?
I think the Jane Carmody video is the same thing that Holston saw when he went out. Same birds flying in the same pattern.
There is an outside or not ? They are poisoned in the suit ? And then there is the cafeteria glitch screen when the power went out, after 9 episode still not clue.
You must be registered for see images attach

Burning the book sucked.
I'm not sure what Simms and wife are plotting, I don't think they are aligned with Tim Robbins, they might have their own rebellion.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like this show which scares me. The pace, likely the budget and the storytelling usually don't last long on TV. The fact that it's Apple plus hopefully means it will be allowed to establish itself.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Is it me or Janitorial seems to be running a very modern software and everyone else is using something ancient like MS-DOS 3.1x ??

This show is very slow but somehow I still like it.

So there is a screen in the helmets when they go cleaning ?
I think the Jane Carmody video is the same thing that Holston saw when he went out. Same birds flying in the same pattern.
There is an outside or not ? They are poisoned in the suit ? And then there is the cafeteria glitch screen when the power went out, after 9 episode still not clue.

Burning the book sucked.
I'm not sure what Simms and wife are plotting, I don't think they are aligned with Tim Robbins, they might have their own rebellion.
The show is getting better as it goes. I still don't know what to make of what you posted in the spoiler. I need to go back and compare the clips that you mentioned.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I really like this show which scares me. The pace, likely the budget and the storytelling usually don't last long on TV. The fact that it's Apple plus hopefully means it will be allowed to establish itself.
It being on AppleTV gives me hope that they'll give it room to breath. It also seems to be fairly popular. One of my yardsticks, completely scientific here, is how much discussion is being generated on a couple boards I frequent. The Silo threads always have a lot of activity each week, more than most shows get. I've been taking that as a good sign.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
The final episode was really good. This show started slow, and really is slow, but finished strong and I enjoyed it. Slow's not a bad thing either in a case like this where the writers can let the story unfold.

I've heard that they had S2 already written before the strike so hopefully we'll get it without too much delay.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The final episode was really good. This show started slow, and really is slow, but finished strong and I enjoyed it. Slow's not a bad thing either in a case like this where the writers can let the story unfold.

I've heard that they had S2 already written before the strike so hopefully we'll get it without too much delay.
That would be cool! They did well with the Twisty McTwistersons.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The lights! What are the lights? Should she knock on the neighbors door? LOL!

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So is the outside air that is toxic or is that they blast gas to the cleaners before they go out that kills them?
Shawshank Redemption guy seems to know within seconds when they die. Even if the atmosphere is poisonous can't be that exact, but a blast of poisonous gas can be.
Or is not toxic enough to kill them in 3 minutes that is what they need. He also doesn't seems to know that there is a door at the bottom of the silo.

F*** cleaning the camera.

Good apple vision pro product placement with this series lol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So is the outside air that is toxic or is that they blast gas to the cleaners before they go out that kills them?
Shawshank Redemption guy seems to know within seconds when they die. Even if the atmosphere is poisonous can't be that exact, but a blast of poisonous gas can be.
Or is not toxic enough to kill them in 3 minutes that is what they need. He also doesn't seems to know that there is a door at the bottom of the silo.

F*** cleaning the camera.

Good apple vision pro product placement with this series lol
IDK, I started to think the video editing kicks in right on cue. There obviously weren't bodies where they see them from the cafeteria view.

I almost take the silos as a metaphor for people in general. I mean you could divide people into any number of silos, and people tend to just follow along in general, and those that question have to "go outside."

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IDK, I started to think the video editing kicks in right on cue. There obviously weren't bodies where they see them from the cafeteria view.

I almost take the silos as a metaphor for people in general. I mean you could divide people into any number of silos, and people tend to just follow along in general, and those that question have to "go outside."
I think everything they sees outside is definitely fake, on the helmets and in the cafeteria.
Allison's body is missing when Holston goes out, he couldn't see Allison's body until he took the helmet off. He took off his helmet to see her body one last time.

Good show, the only part I didn't like was the engine room episode, when they repair of the that steam turbine or sort of. That was bad.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I think everything they sees outside is definitely fake, on the helmets and in the cafeteria.
Allison's body is missing when Holston goes out, he couldn't see Allison's body until he took the helmet off. He took off his helmet to see her body one last time.

Good show, the only part I didn't like was the engine room episode, when they repair of the that steam turbine or sort of. That was bad.
+1 on episode 3 being bad. It almost got me to quit but I'm glad I stuck with it. Looking back at the season the tone of that episode doesn't fit in with the rest of the season IMO. They should have left it out. Not only was the tone off but it raised a ton of questions about the operation of the silo that wasn't needed for the story and thus they'll probably never answer them.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
+1 on episode 3 being bad. It almost got me to quit but I'm glad I stuck with it. Looking back at the season the tone of that episode doesn't fit in with the rest of the season IMO. They should have left it out. Not only was the tone off but it raised a ton of questions about the operation of the silo that wasn't needed for the story and thus they'll probably never answer them.
I liked the episode because it showed, 1. the main character was a bad a$$. 2. She REALLY loved the Silo. Enough to die for it. 3. Why some were loyal to her knowing she saved their bacon with the generator. She wasn't just some trouble maker wanting to bring the Silo down.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I liked the episode because it showed, 1. the main character was a bad a$$. 2. She REALLY loved the Silo. Enough to die for it. 3. Why some were loyal to her knowing she saved their bacon with the generator. She wasn't just some trouble maker wanting to bring the Silo down.
But the way they presented it was so stupid. There's no way that it was running for 140+ years without being brought down for maintenance in all that time. The entire way it was shown took me out of the illusion and made me question the show. It was bad enough to me that if it had continued in E4 then I was bailing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
But the way they presented it was so stupid. There's no way that it was running for 140+ years without being brought down for maintenance in all that time. The entire way it was shown took me out of the illusion and made me question the show. It was bad enough to me that if it had continued in E4 then I was bailing.
I know with some of the pumps in NEW Orleans, they were so old, there weren't people that knew how to fix them let alone parts. I could see after 140 years they were probably scared to turn the thing off and it not starting again. No one probably knew what to expect.

OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I know with some of the pumps in NEW Orleans, they were so old, there weren't people that knew how to fix them let alone parts. I could see after 140 years they were probably scared to turn the thing off and it not starting again. No one probably knew what to expect.
It's not a matter of them scared to turn it off. A machine like that would have to have been serviced over 140 years. There's too many wearable parts in it. There's no way that it would have run without interruption for that long. Friction is going to win every time.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And if you never repaired it you would have spare blades.

Seems to be a pretty critical spare to have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave