Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A number of trades are likely to occur December 15th or shortly thereafter when a number of players who signed as free agents this past summer are eligible to be traded.

I thought it would be fun to explore ideas realizing the Suns may wait until the trade deadline (February 10th) to make a move or wait for buyouts to add a player.

The Suns also have an open roster spot.

HoopsHype’s Michael Scotto and Yossi Gozlan does a podcast and gives a list of players that could be moved.

See link below:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A number of trades are likely to occur December 15th or shortly thereafter when a number of players who signed as free agents this past summer are eligible to be traded.

I thought it would be fun to explore ideas realizing the Suns may wait until the trade deadline (February 10th) to make a move or wait for buyouts to add a player.

The Suns also have an open roster spot.

HoopsHype’s Michael Scotto and Yossi Gozlan does a podcast and gives a list of players that could be moved.

See link below:

I’d love Jeff green

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d love Jeff green

With Jamal Murray likely coming back the Nuggets probably want to keep him but he is the type of player the Suns should go after.

I don't like the idea of giving the Spurs a first round pick for Thad Young (plus Saric and Smith).

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would look at Chris Boucher of TOR. Had a breakout year last year and is getting very little minutes off the bench. A little light for PF at 200 pounds but 6'9 with 7'4 wingspan, a good 3pt shooter and shot blocker.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Jalen Brunson is what the Suns need, I love his fire, he isn't as pure of a shooter as Shamet but he is by far a better overall player. I really like Politi (sp?) from the Spurs too, probably impossible to grab him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would look at Chris Boucher of TOR. Had a breakout year last year and is getting very little minutes off the bench. A little light for PF at 200 pounds but 6'9 with 7'4 wingspan, a good 3pt shooter and shot blocker.

I liked what I saw of Chris Boucher last season. I'm not sure what is going on this season. It's like he can slide through any opening for rebounds. He adds length and quickness but is not an outside shooter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Brunson is what the Suns need, I love his fire, he isn't as pure of a shooter as Shamet but he is by far a better overall player. I really like Politi (sp?) from the Spurs too, probably impossible to grab him.

You have great taste. I don't think Dallas will let him get away if they can help it. He is one of their better players. He should get paid next season. Brunson is a solid point guard.

Jakob Poeltl is a center so I'm not sure if the Suns need him right now. Too bad he is not a better free throw shooter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have great taste. I don't think Dallas will let him get away if they can help it. He is one of their better players. He should get paid next season. Brunson is a solid point guard.

Jakob Poeltl is a center so I'm not sure if the Suns need him right now. Too bad he is not a better free throw shooter.

neither of those guys are going to be available. maybe Jeff Green would be. that would be a nice get. Either Green or Thad Young would make our team totally complete, IMO. A legit 2-Deep at every position.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neither of those guys are going to be available. maybe Jeff Green would be. that would be a nice get. Either Green or Thad Young would make our team totally complete, IMO. A legit 2-Deep at every position.

Both are solid players but I don't like giving up a first round pick for an older player unless they figure to be part of the future.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Thad Young complaining about minutes leads to a buy out. That's the best case scenario for the Suns. If the Spurs call, don't answer. If JJ tried getting Thad in the offseason then he needs to hold firm and not give up the same package. Make the Spurs sweeten the deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are solid players but I don't like giving up a first round pick for an older player unless they figure to be part of the future.

Would you like to win a championship? This FO already established they don’t value late round 1st rounders anyway and that’s what we’re looking at the next couple years. I prob wouldn’t do it for Green but would for Young.

In a year where us and the warriors are neck and neck and CP3 prob only has 1 or 2 more years at this level, you go all in.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I liked what I saw of Chris Boucher last season. I'm not sure what is going on this season. It's like he can slide through any opening for rebounds. He adds length and quickness but is not an outside shooter.
He is buried behind Achiuwa who is getting significant minutes off the bench. He shot 38% on 4 3pt attempts a game last year so he definitely has 3pt range. His struggles this year may make him available as he is an UFA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is buried behind Achiuwa who is getting significant minutes off the bench. He shot 38% on 4 3pt attempts a game last year so he definitely has 3pt range. His struggles this year may make him available as he is an UFA.

I like Boucher so I don't need much convincing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you like to win a championship? This FO already established they don’t value late round 1st rounders anyway and that’s what we’re looking at the next couple years. I prob wouldn’t do it for Green but would for Young.

In a year where us and the warriors are neck and neck and CP3 prob only has 1 or 2 more years at this level, you go all in.

The problem is we don't have our own 1st this year and we can't trade a 1st until 2024. If a 1st that far out is dealt then you need to get a decent return on that. That very well could be our first season without Chris Paul, his salary is only 50% guaranteed that year. It's likely that will be his final season but whose to say how good we are in 3 years.

Throwing that pick away on a guy like Thad Young, who seems to be paving the way for a buyout, is a lot. I'd much rather trade that for a player who can help this year and next. Getting a rental for the remainder of this season for a 1st that far out is a bad deal unless it's a much better rental.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was all-in last season at the trade deadline and buyouts. I'm not sure the Suns were except Monty.

It has to be the right player though. I'm not sure Thad Young is that guy when it comes to adding a first round pick.

The Suns have mostly given up on Jalen Smith but he might help the Suns as much as anyone else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh God

I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if we pulled that off. No way they take that deal

I was surprised ESPN took Hutchinson's salary but they did. That would be a championship roster with the addition of Turner. I'd throw a couple of first round picks into the mix.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was surprised ESPN took Hutchinson's salary but they did. That would be a championship roster with the addition of Turner. I'd throw a couple of first round picks into the mix.

I’m good with throwing 3 first to get Turner the time is now

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping James Jones is on the phone to Indiana as they appear to be interested in a rebuild.

They have some players that could help the Suns including Torrey Craig and Myles Turner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget Turner, what do they want for Sabonis?

I haven't heard but I imagine a star type player and something else.

Or maybe all of OKC's first round picks might do it. :cool:

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Not sold on Thad Young. I know we need a PF but he just didnt look like a difference maker last night.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose