Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns might be able to get Torrey Craig for a future 2nd round pick that never conveys.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The only upgrade that could help is replacing Crawford with a bigger 4, and really that's it. Champagne problems for a team with an 83% win % at the moment.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll take anyone of Sabonis, Tuner or Craig

We would have to give up a serious piece for Sabonis but him in the starting 5 would be a damn all star team

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig is again intriguing because he wouldn't cost the Suns much in the way of assets.

They could trade Jalen Smith for him and still keep the open roster spot plus MLE for another addition.

Suns need more than Nader and Wainright as backups.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited at the idea of trading Smith for Craig. The Suns could even throw in a second round pick if necessary.

Indiana gets to check out a nice young player (Smith) on an expiring contract who they might decide to keep. If the Suns add a second round pick, it's an even a better value for them.

Meanwhile the Suns keep their open roster spot for another possible addition and they still have their remaining $4.5 million MLE to use.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think once Sabonis or Turner is traded the dominos will fall and Craig could be bought out.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The only upgrade that could help is replacing Crawford with a bigger 4, and really that's it. Champagne problems for a team with an 83% win % at the moment.

I doubt the Kings would want Saric, Smith or Crowder but Harrison Barnes would be an instant upgrade.

I’m not sure how many teams have the assets for Sabonis.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt the Kings would want Saric, Smith or Crowder but Harrison Barnes would be an instant upgrade.

I’m not sure how many teams have the assets for Sabonis.

Include nader in there somewhere, Barnes is a better Nader.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh man... a Harrison Barnes would be a perfect fit here. A Sheed to Detroit-esque final piece of the puzzle trade to make the entire lineup pretty much bulletproof.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets hope Craig gets bought out again LOL

The Suns acquired Torrey Craig from the Bucks last season for cash considerations. It's sort of ironic in it's own right because the Suns ended up playing the Bucks in the Finals.

It's unlikely Craig is bought out by the Pacers because he is on a guaranteed 2 year/ $10 million contract.

However, since the second year is guaranteed, it might not be unreasonable to think the Pacers might need to include a second round pick to move Craig if he is not included in a trade package.

I'd like to fantasize the Suns getting revenge for the TJ Warren trade where the Suns had to include the 32nd pick.

It would be sweet in a trade for Jalen Smith, the Pacers had to include a second round.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Torrey Craig, but I am wondering what the overall strategy with the roster is. I think it is common for teams that come close to winning a championship to try to make some moves to plug whatever holes led to their downfall.

We got hammered in the Finals by bigger lineups of the Bucks, Portis, Middleton, and Giannis were more than we could handle.

How do we prevent that without losing our identity? Who do we need now to make sure we get out of the West Again?

I am glad I am not the GM.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns acquired Torrey Craig from the Bucks last season for cash considerations. It's sort of ironic in it's own right because the Suns ended up playing the Bucks in the Finals.

It's unlikely Craig is bought out by the Pacers because he is on a guaranteed 2 year/ $10 million contract.

However, since the second year is guaranteed, it might not be unreasonable to think the Pacers might need to include a second round pick to move Craig if he is not included in a trade package.

I'd like to fantasize the Suns getting revenge for the TJ Warren trade where the Suns had to include the 32nd pick.

It would be sweet in a trade for Jalen Smith, the Pacers had to include a second round.

TJ hurt again this year. Never a big fan he’s the ultimate empty stats guy

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ hurt again this year. Never a big fan he’s the ultimate empty stats guy

Yeah, using the the 32nd pick to trade him doesn't seem like such a bad idea afterall.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Torrey Craig, but I am wondering what the overall strategy with the roster is. I think it is common for teams that come close to winning a championship to try to make some moves to plug whatever holes led to their downfall.

We got hammered in the Finals by bigger lineups of the Bucks, Portis, Middleton, and Giannis were more than we could handle.

How do we prevent that without losing our identity? Who do we need now to make sure we get out of the West Again?

We did get hammered by the bigger lineup but if our 3 guards hadn't been hobbled we could have punished them for going big. It wasn't just losing Saric that killed us, although his presence would have helped.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Javale McGee maybe?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We did get hammered by the bigger lineup but if our 3 guards hadn't been hobbled we could have punished them for going big. It wasn't just losing Saric that killed us, although his presence would have helped.

Good Points. And obviously, we don't know if the Bucks are going to make it through again.

I guess I just don't want us to become the 1990's Buffalo Bills of the NBA, getting to the Super Bowl over and over again, looking great in the process, but never getting it done. We can expect to be battling injuries in the playoffs every year. So we can't count on better health. Some roster upgrades are needed to help us with the matchups the killed us last time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of getting another big at the PF spot. You can't have too much size when it comes to crunch time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Points. And obviously, we don't know if the Bucks are going to make it through again.

I guess I just don't want us to become the 1990's Buffalo Bills of the NBA, getting to the Super Bowl over and over again, looking great in the process, but never getting it done. We can expect to be battling injuries in the playoffs every year. So we can't count on better health. Some roster upgrades are needed to help us with the matchups the killed us last time.

Adding Javale McGee was a huge step in fortifying the Suns front court. Also the addition of Landry Shamet should provide needed depth at the shooting guard and point guard position. Plus a lesson to be learned is that Frank Kaminsky is deserving of more playing time in the playoffs.

Of course the Suns need Booker, Paul and Payne to stay healthy.

I think the Suns will add at least one more player to their roster, maybe more if they make a trade. James Jones left the one roster spot open for a reason.

If the Suns make a trade like Smith for Craig and add another power forward or other quality player this roster would be even stronger.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
oh man... a Harrison Barnes would be a perfect fit here. A Sheed to Detroit-esque final piece of the puzzle trade to make the entire lineup pretty much bulletproof.
Thought about him too, but I am not sure if his defense is good enough.

But yeah if he could be had for Saric and Smith - I would do it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are going to have to get by GS in order to have another finals shot, and then there is no guarantee that it would be Milwaukee we would face. So, if you are going to add to the roster, add versatility, but be really careful about giving up a chemistry piece that is more valuable than the stats show--a Cam Johnson for instance.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do love Sabonis though. Saric, Smith, Frank, Hutchinson, and a future #1. I am not really thinking about his value as much as what we could give up without damaging the team.

Barnes is OK, but I would prefer getting a 6-11 pf/c rather than a 6-8 combo forward.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do love Sabonis though. Saric, Smith, Frank, Hutchinson, and a future #1. I am not really thinking about his value as much as what we could give up without damaging the team.

Barnes is OK, but I would prefer getting a 6-11 pf/c rather than a 6-8 combo forward.

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson