• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah....Shams repeated it as well. I have to imagine these guys have their ears to the ground. It's seems to be a growing sentiment in the media across the league not just local. I hope that is the case because IMO, Ayton is our best bet to move money around and get pieces this team needs for a title. I just don't see what other choices we have. We could make minor adjustments to the bench and hope a new coach with a pedigree can push us over the top. I just don't see Isbia as a "run it back" type dude.
If they can make that happen, I'm all for it.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
They have to trade Ayton for two reasons. One all the reasons people put above. Two because how else are the Suns going to get enough pieces around Booker/Durant to win a title? The teams hands will be tied.
They need a couple 3&D wings, a journeyman center can do what DA brought to the table in the playoffs. Suns dont need a soft C. They need a Biyombo type that is 3 inches taller and can shoot at least 50%+ from the FT Line AKA Capela

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be wild to see other coaches use Ayton as a power forward.
That would worry me when he seems to slow and lackadasical on slower Centers. I can't imagine how that would turn out covering more mobile, more athletic power forwards.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would worry me when he seems to slow and lackadasical on slower Centers. I can't imagine how that would turn out covering more mobile, more athletic power forwards.

Ayton can guard outside so he is not exactly slow. However, he is not a fan of mixing it up inside.

I think he still fancies himself as a power forward and would like to take more outside shots. Whether it would work, who knows, but I think he would like to try it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton can guard outside so he is not exactly slow. However, he is not a fan of mixing it up inside.

I think he still fancies himself as a power forward and would like to take more outside shots. Whether it would work, who knows, but I think he would like to try it.
I have no doubt he would like to try it. Heck there might be some teams that think that could work. I am just saying, seeing how slow and disengaged he looks at times? Not very confident that would work. Also, I don't see Ayton keeping very many PF in front of him. Seems like he picks up a ton of fouls trying to do that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt he would like to try it. Heck there might be some teams that think that could work. I am just saying, seeing how slow and disengaged he looks at times? Not very confident that would work. Also, I don't see Ayton keeping very many PF in front of him. Seems like he picks up a ton of fouls trying to do that.

Ayton can't keep centers in front of him either.

I think part of Ayton's problems stem from the idea, he is being misused. It probably goes back to him playing power forward at UofA. Maybe he needs to experience playing NBA power forward first hand.

His shooting half-court shots pregame is getting old.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It would be wild to see other coaches use Ayton as a power forward.
Something I kept bringing up after his drafting, when we had a BIG hole at PF, and that he played that position in college. His footwork and athleticism would make him an elite PF, where he is just an average center with those skills. So sad we never got more than a game or two with him playing next to a guy at center. One of the biggest problems the Suns had, is they wanted him to switch on defense, and guard the three line when possible, and the opposing center would get offensive boards because Ayton was not in the paint to go for the rebound. I always felt we needed another big on the floor at the same time, and we kept focusing on getting a PF which is harder to find than C in the NBA.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Maybe. Don't just send him packing to get rid of him in desperation. If we cant convert DA into a decent package It may be worth it to hang with him until the other teams get desperate or the new coach figures out a way to light a fire.

On an emotional level I just don't think I can care anymore. I've been a huge DA supporter but I'm over it.
If he stays he needs to win me back with stellar play and noticeable improvements not gaudy tattoos, expensive chains and moronic slogans that a 5yr old would come up with.
Put your head down and WORK! Its time to be a man.
Agree but the second part is t going to happen with Ayton. He is what he is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the don't trade him group right now but my opinion could evolve / change after the coach is hired. Just seeing what a different dude Kyler is right now, you just wonder if a guy who hates his boss just completely checks out.

Yeah, let's see what a new coach makes of him. The same with Kyler.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Of course if we could get a Gobert sized trade for him I would do it today, but that ain't happening now or ever.
I'd want 2 QUALITY role players AND picks or don't even bother me.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Something I kept bringing up after his drafting, when we had a BIG hole at PF, and that he played that position in college. His footwork and athleticism would make him an elite PF, where he is just an average center with those skills. So sad we never got more than a game or two with him playing next to a guy at center. One of the biggest problems the Suns had, is they wanted him to switch on defense, and guard the three line when possible, and the opposing center would get offensive boards because Ayton was not in the paint to go for the rebound. I always felt we needed another big on the floor at the same time, and we kept focusing on getting a PF which is harder to find than C in the NBA.
DA will never be elite at anything

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd leave it up to the new coach.

He was a disaster in these playoffs and took a huge step backwards on defense this year... but we shouldn't trade him just to trade him. He has more value than that. Just 2 years ago he was an absolute force in the playoffs, if a new coach thinks he can find that player again, let him try.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Here is a picture of DeAndre Ayton, Bridges, Crowder, Booker, CP3, and Cam Johnson in the Suns 2022 playoffs

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
It is vague but I'm glad to hear someone reputable from the national media say this who has access to multiple sources.

My guess, other coaches might have different ideas on how to use Ayton.

If was reported that Young, a current assistant who had the balls to play the wrong pick who was damn near a double double going like 9-2 during that run, is amongst the head coach candidates, then the new owner doesn't need to go far to hear that the assistants didnt agree with Monty's personell decisions either..they showed the owner the receipts. Just like Jones did to keep his job. There's no way you considering within without internal info confirming we tried to tell him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If was reported that Young, a current assistant who had the balls to play the wrong pick who was damn near a double double going like 9-2 during that run, is amongst the head coach candidates, then the new owner doesn't need to go far to hear that the assistants didnt agree with Monty's personell decisions either..they showed the owner the receipts. Just like Jones did to keep his job. There's no way you considering within without internal info confirming we tried to tell him.

Stix did play well under Kevin Young when Monty was out.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
It’s just like girls dating the guys with rap sheets because “I can fix him.”

They don't think they can fix him. They think they are different than the last girl. They think what they got is what the last girl was missing. For some that's true, change of scenery she is doing things better than the last.

But if he got a rap sheet she just like bad boys.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Stix did play well under Kevin Young when Monty was out.

Not to talk about Stix again...but nobody sat back & question how the assistant knew to play Stix like that. How he knew what he was going to get. Then Monty returns and he's banished to the bench...had Monty been there during that run...Stix would have never seen the floor. And when the Media asked Monty about it he said he didn't know Stix could rebound like that.

So When I read Young's name and with Jones still having a job and calling Monty to tell him the news...a call really...I said the sung like canaries.

Monty deserved more than a call...so that told me Jones was like see ya....you should have been listening to me...now who's ain't the boss of you.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson