Jalen Jelks - OLB/DE
Anthony Johnson - WR
Chris Lindstrom - OG
Dalton Risner - OG/OT
Deebo Samuel - WR
Max Scharping - OT
Cameron Smith - ILB
A couple other names to watch...

Zach Allen - DE - BC At 6'4 280 he is a guy who might be able to plat DE in a 3-4 front. He is a very physical player who has a good motor from what I have seen.

Renell Wren - DT - ASU I have been lat on this guy, but if we wanted to get a future NT who can also push a pocket, he might be a good option. His hand usage has been reported as raw, but he is capable of making splash plays inside which is a unique trait.

Andre Dillard - OT - WSU A bunch of buzz about this guy lately. Not a real physical player, but has experience blocking on the edge is a system similar to what we will be running.

Tytus Howard - OT - Alabama St. I don't watch much Alabama St game tape, but his size ^6'5 322 with 34" arms is going to make me watch his Senior Bowl progress.

Oli Udoh - OT - Elon. Similar to Tytus...but he looked good at the East West practices and I am curious how 6'5 327 with 36" arms looks against some elite edge athletes in practice. If he shows well, Udoh might move into top 100 range.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I watched at least 6 games this year. I was just wowed. His mental capacity for the game is off the charts. Totally efficient with the ball and pocket presence. He never seems to miss. Goes through progressions with ease and always looking downfield or to dump receivers when pressured. Big enough at 6' 2" 220. Does not possess a cannon but can make NFL throws. Mastered the Mike Leach Air Raid system in 6 weeks as he transferred from East Carolina U. 2 year starter at ECU and 1 year at WSU. If nothing else K K could use him to teach system and be a more than adequate backup or clipboard carrier. I see him getting drafted mid rounds.

Thing I like about him most is he does not panic and lose yards. Everything is moving the sticks.

PS. Son of a coach which never hurts.

His official height was just a hair over 6’ at the Senior Bowl

QB Gardner Minshew Washington State South 6007 224

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Any word on who from the Cardinals is in Mobile? Does the entire coaching staff and all the scouts normally travel for these things or is it just GM/Head Coach type thing?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If you want another safe linemen similar to Mason Cole, look at Chris Lindstrom out of Boston College. Dude started every game, and has played RG and RT at a high level. Good size, good physicality and is a battler inside. Put him at RG next to Cole at C, and we are more consistent at those two spots. He has only played on the right side, so I am not sure how he would look at LG, but he would be a great addition up front.

Sounds like he fits the mold of Kugler linemen. According to Max Starks on his radio interview with Doug and Wolf, Kugler likes nasty, brawler type linemen. How many times have we seen (especially guard prospects) linemen be downgraded because they supposedly weren't good enough athletically, and then 4 years later, you are questioning how did anyone question that player.

Interior linemen need to be tough, physical and like to dish out pain. Anyone remember when Logan Mankins went in the 1st round and the Patriots were panned over it? Mankins is a possible Hall of Fame caliber lineman.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Re: Chris Lindstrom

This looks like prospect/camp tape from his senior year of high school.

He looks gritty then too.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
AS posted above Tytus looked good. Udoh looked really good at both RG and RT. Chuma Edoga was one of the best LTs on the field today if not the best. Calm and smooth slide of a guy who trusts his feet. PLayed RT at USC, but looked VERY comfortable at LT today.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Recaps are everywhere but here is what I saw from the TV.

North

Wisconsin linemen got beat up. None looked great, and makes you wonder if the unit is what is strong.

Best OL. Chuma Edoga USC and Caleb McGary Washington. Both played OT and both looked really good.

Best of the rest. Lindstrom BC and Risner KState both looked good. Nate Davis from Charlotte looked he belonged inside at OG.

DL. Greg Gaines DT Washington was a high energy guy who flashed. Not a physical a specimen. JAlen Jelks showed some power that I did not know he had. Wren, Saunders, and Collier also flashed really well in moments.

At WR McLaurin from Ohio St stood out along with Penny Hart and Keelan Doss who are two small school guys.

South

At OG BJ Autry is a tank vs the bull rush. He is 350 at OG. Oli Udoh looked good at RT and RG. Andre Dillard has good feet at LT but did not show any power in his game. Tytus Howard was good. Elgton Jenkins was good at C.

Sweat stole the show on the defensive side. Granderson and Ferguson also looked good on the edge.

Deebo looked good at WR. Anthony Johnson looked ok.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scouts raving about 2 smallish WRs.

Andy Isabella, WR, UMass
Scouts and executives have been raving about Isabella all week and for good reason. He might be 5-8, 187 pounds, but he's been damn near uncoverable.

You must be registered for see images

Mike Renner

✔@PFF_Mike

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1088428588217577472

If you don't get your hands on Andy Isabella, you're toast

Isabella led the NCAA with 141 receiving yards per game in 2018 -- including a 219-yard, two-touchdown effort against Georgia, where he lined up against potential first-round pick Deandre Baker several times. Of course, opponents had taken to double-teaming Isabella all season -- with little success -- for the reasons you seen in the clip above: He's just too quick. If there's one thing coaches would like to see less of out of the UMass wideout it's the stutter-steps before he gets out of his break. Other than that, he's had a solid week and only boosted his draft stock. And the same can be said for Penny Hart ...

Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State
Penny Hart, like Isabella, is listed at 5-8. And like Isabella, he's been the talk of the Senior Bowl. CBS Sports Senior writer Pete Prisco reported on Wednesday that a wide receivers coach was raving about Hart, who has been blowing by people all week.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Pass on Isabella. Hart is showing out so far.

If you want a nice mid round steal for the o line, look at Chuma Edoga USC. He reminds me a ton of Terron Armstead when the Saints took him in round 3. Smooth athlete with good size who just needed to add a bit of physicality to his game at LT.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hot WR according to TV buzz is Deebo Samuel.

Deebo's main comp is really Percy Harvin. Thicker guy, RB strength, and really fast.

Injuries are the big concern with Deebo, or we would likely be talking about him as a first round guy. IMO he's a better Christian Kirk (and I really like Kirk).

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Lynch , GM 49ers, just told a story live on TV, while Gardner Minshew II was running the sets. The players received playbooks before coming to Mobile. Gardner called Shanahan and the staff and pointed out the errors in the playbook. P S 49ers admitted he was correct. Called Minshew a brainy/coach QB with skills. If he is there in 3rd, please snatch him.

BTW, fluent in Air Raid.

Last edited:

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As the story goes Minshew was prepared to transfer to Alabama in order to get a head start on his future coaching career. Leach called him up and asked him if he wanted to lead the nation in passing. The rest is history. (Story was told to me by a WSU alum and not sure where he got it)

That being said, I don't think he has a strong enough arm. The games I watched he seemed to throw a lot of wobbly, floater type passes even on short routes. But who knows. If you can get him in the later rounds to help Josh along then maybe . But I'm talking one of the 6th rounders .

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I follow South Carolina football, and Samuels has been about as explosive as any player in the country over the past few years.

Without injury concerns, he's probably one of the top 5 weapons in the draft. He's like a stronger, bigger, faster Kirk. Percy Harvin-like. If the Cardinals are considering a receiver at the top of round 2, he should be in the conversation.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deebo's main comp is really Percy Harvin. Thicker guy, RB strength, and really fast.

Injuries are the big concern with Deebo, or we would likely be talking about him as a first round guy. IMO he's a better Christian Kirk (and I really like Kirk).
And he’s more advanced at WR than Percy was. Just not the breakaway speed Percy had.

I don’t even care if they have a similar skill set, Deebo & Kirk would be beautiful in this offense, where it feeds off of YAC. We’re not gonna draft him though & I respect it.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It appears to me there is a lot of quality at WR, maybe not a bunch of top end guys but lots of guys who will be drafted in rounds 2-4 that will contribute right away. That’s a good thing for us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And he’s more advanced at WR than Percy was. Just not the breakaway speed Percy had.

I don’t even care if they have a similar skill set, Deebo & Kirk would be beautiful in this offense, where it feeds off of YAC. We’re not gonna draft him though & I respect it.

That was really the problem with Harvin, is that he was really a RB playing WR. Deebo is a WR.

Yeah I doubt we draft him. I wouldn't doubt if he goes at the end of round one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It appears to me there is a lot of quality at WR, maybe not a bunch of top end guys but lots of guys who will be drafted in rounds 2-4 that will contribute right away. That’s a good thing for us.

I agree with that assessment. There are like 5-6 end of round one/begin of round two guys. There are probably 10 3rd round guys.

I have a weird love for WRs, so you often see me advocate taking them. I think it's because I believe that 12 yards per catch is better than 5 yards per carry :).

Doug and Wolf asked Carson Palmer yesterday, would he rather have a top offensive lineman or a top receiver and he quickly said offensive line. He talked about how important it is for a QB to be able to step into throws. His implication was that a good QB can get the job done with average receivers if he has time. He said offensive and defensive line are really important (duh).

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm interested in a lot of TTU, WSU & WVU players as they will be familiar with Kingsbury's system and would better fits as they could transition almost seemlessly. Guys like Andre Dillard, Yodny Cajuste, David Sills, Antoine Wesley & Gary Jennings are on my radar. Maybe Minneshew in later rounds as eventual back up to Rosen.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
There is plenty of talent in this draft at positions of need. Need to nail the number one overall pick and then see who drops. We might be surprised at who is available in rounds 2 and on

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose