Senior Bowl 2019

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So who at the Senior Bowl should we keep an eye on during practice week? The only negative I can see with the firing of Wilks was the Cardinals were slated to be the team coaching at the Senior Bowl this, now the 49ers get to do it. Would have been nice for our coaches to have up close and personal experience with these kids but if that was a sacrifice that needed to be made to get rid of Wilks so be it. At least, unlike last year, we have a staff in place to scout the players during practice that week rather than 100% relying on the scouting department and Keim.

DATE: Saturday, January 26, 2019
TIME: 1:30pm CT

Players at link below:
https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites.php

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is the list of accepted. Sometimes the top ones don't come. OLB Josh Allen would be huge if he doesn't decline.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That is the list of accepted. Sometimes the top ones don't come. OLB Josh Allen would be huge if he doesn't decline.

They accepted the invitation to the game, not sure why they’d decline at this point. That being said final rosters will be released on the 16th I believe,

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
watch Miles Boykin WR ND...6 4ish, fights for contested balls, runs good routes....should be available in mid rounds.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
QB group looks pretty solid
WR group could be interesting
OT group also looks solid

Josh Allen better feast in the SR Bowl. He probably has the most to lose

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They accepted the invitation to the game, not sure why they’d decline at this point. That being said final rosters will be released on the 16th I believe,
They decline when they find out that they may be high round draft picks. I guess they may be afraid of getting hurt or not looking good which can effect their draft position. Happens every year. It upsets me as I really look forward to the Senior Bowl practices and game. On the other hand, there are some players that you never heard of really shine which helps them in the draft.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I want to see more of these guys for consideration later in the draft

Zach Allen DE Boston College-a very solid LDE for the 3-4 defense with some pass rush skills.A early draft talent for most evals.
Chris Lindstrom G Boston College-
Tommy Sweeney TE Boston College-solid blocker with decent hands
Daniel Jones QB Duke
Beau Benzschawel G Wisconsin
Michael Deiter G_T Wisconsin
Foster Moreau TE LSU-tough blocker with decent hands

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
They decline when they find out that they may be high round draft picks. I guess they may be afraid of getting hurt or not looking good which can effect their draft position. Happens every year. It upsets me as I really look forward to the Senior Bowl practices and game. On the other hand, there are some players that you never heard of really shine which helps them in the draft.

Everyone one of those kids already has an idea where they are projected to go, they already accepted the invitation to the game, backing out after accepting, unless due to a recent injury just wouldn’t make much sense.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the Cardinals move off Bosa, Montez Sweat could be there at the top of the second round.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to draft Rock Ya-Sin just because of the name alone. Can you imagine the stadium erupting in We Will Rock You every time he makes a pick?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gardner Minshew II
Washington State
QB 6-2 220 Pac-12

Right out of Mike Leach's Air Raid and ran it better than anyone ever has. He won't go 1st round and may be available 3rd round. I don't know if Josh can run KK's offense and what about Glennon?

2018 season stats

YDS
2nd in nation

TD
Tied-5th

INT

This guy would be invaluable in the QB room and sure as hell fits if Rosie can't cut it. He could walk on the practice field and be a player/coach. Mike Leach was amazed How Gardner Minshew II picked up the offense in a matter of weeks and rewrote the record books with it.

I have no idea if Rosen works in this offense, but this would be one helluva insurance policy.

BTW, Gotta love this game and practice week. It has grown leaps and bounds and the practice sessions give some great insight. Thanks for posting this thread.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Gardner Minshew II
Washington State
QB 6-2 220 Pac-12

Right out of Mike Leach's Air Raid and ran it better than anyone ever has. He won't go 1st round and may be available 3rd round. I don't know if Josh can run KK's offense and what about Glennon?

This guy would be invaluable in the QB room and sure as hell fits if Rosie can't cut it. He could walk on the practice field and be a player/coach. Mike Leach was amazed How Gardner Minshew II picked up the offense in a matter of weeks and rewrote the record books with it.

I have no idea if Rosen works in this offense, but this would be one helluva insurance policy.

BTW, Gotta love this game and practice week. It has grown leaps and bounds and the practice sessions give some great insight. Thanks for posting this thread.
I also considered uncle Rico. Might be a steal in the fourth rd

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I want to see more of these guys for consideration later in the draft

Zach Allen DE Boston College-a very solid LDE for the 3-4 defense with some pass rush skills.A early draft talent for most evals.
Chris Lindstrom G Boston College-
Tommy Sweeney TE Boston College-solid blocker with decent hands
Daniel Jones QB Duke
Beau Benzschawel G Wisconsin
Michael Deiter G_T Wisconsin
Foster Moreau TE LSU-tough blocker with decent hands

Scouts closely watch programs that have a history of developing specific positions. BC is known to develop O-linemen. These schools tend to find it easier to recruit the best players at those positions because of their draft history.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is who I am watching

Nasir Adderly - S
Josh Allen - OLB/DE
Yodney Cajuste - OT
Jaylon Ferguson - OLB/DE
Carl GRanderson - OLB/DE
Jalen Jelks - OLB/DE
Anthony Johnson - WR
Chris Lindstrom - OG