Season Prediction

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Certainly with no real preseason, we’re all predicting in the dark. It looks like an optimistic 9-8 to me. I could surely be off by 2-3 games in either direction. A couple of games, like NO & PA, are real unknowns. I’m not sure if Hopkins is a difference maker. I think the Cards‘ offense may be okay without him, especially if Dortch is for real. What isn’t for real is the defense. They have no pass defense. They will routinely give up 300 yards passing. Virtually every game will be a matter of having to score continuously. The offensive carelessness of the past will lead them to total disaster if repeated this season. The offense must be a smooth functioning machine. The team may well get killed in the first 3 games. If they don’t panic, they can win the next 4. Hopkins will be back and everyone will think things are fine, but they won’t be. Week after week will be stressful with perhaps no game being easy. I don’t see the playoffs this season unless they somehow add CBs that produce. The pass rush figures to be mediocre, compounding the problem. Sundays won‘t be as much fun as usual. However, the offense could be entertaining. Have at it.

KC L

LV L

LA L

CAR W

PA W

SEA W

NO W

MIN L

SEA W

LA L

SF W

LAC L

NE W

DEN L

TB. L

ATL W

SF W

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
10-7 or 9-8, the difference being a playoff birth or not.

KC L ?
LV L
LA L
CAR W
PA W
SEA W
NO L
MIN W
SEA W
LA L
SF L
LAC L
NE W
DEN W
TB. L
ATL W
SF W

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am thinking 6 or 7 wins.

But they totally outperformed what I was expecting last season, so hopefully I am wrong again.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I have us at 9 loses and the two Seattle games a tossup simply because I can see them becoming a more run oriented offense due to their QB situation which can keep our offense off the field for extended periods of time and Philly is another tossup because if the defense can't pressure Hurts, the secondary could be in for a long afternoon because Hurts now has some real weapons at WR. With this in mind I see it as anywhere from 8-9 to 5-12. I don't have much faith in the defense.

KC L
LV L
LA L
CAR W
PA W/L
SEA W/L
NO L
MIN L
SEA W/L
LA L
SF L
LAC L
NE W
DEN L
TB. L
ATL W
SF W

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Certainly with no real preseason, we’re all predicting in the dark. It looks like an optimistic 9-8 to me. I could surely be off by 2-3 games in either direction. A couple of games, like NO & PA, are real unknowns. I’m not sure if Hopkins is a difference maker. I think the Cards‘ offense may be okay without him, especially if Dortch is for real. What isn’t for real is the defense. They have no pass defense. They will routinely give up 300 yards passing. Virtually every game will be a matter of having to score continuously. The offensive carelessness of the past will lead them to total disaster if repeated this season. The offense must be a smooth functioning machine. The team may well get killed in the first 3 games. If they don’t panic, they can win the next 4. Hopkins will be back and everyone will think things are fine, but they won’t be. Week after week will be stressful with perhaps no game being easy. I don’t see the playoffs this season unless they somehow add CBs that produce. The pass rush figures to be mediocre, compounding the problem. Sundays won‘t be as much fun as usual. However, the offense could be entertaining. Have at it.

KC L

LV L

LA L

CAR W

PA W

SEA W

NO W

MIN L

SEA W

LA L

SF W

LAC L

NE W

DEN L

TB. L

ATL W

SF W
You say no pass rush which is true, I will add to that, if Watt goes down, our rush defense will be horrible once again imo. When he got hurt last season we started getting gashed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A healthy Kyler for 17 games is good enough to win 60% of your games...

I don't think we'll get that.

The supporting cast is suspect and the defense is bound to be a disaster, if Kyler gets dinged up (again), it's hard to see us pulling out wins against decent competition.

7-10

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose