Sean Miller’s Contract

Discussion in 'University of Arizona' started by TJ, Feb 17, 2021.

1. TJ

TJ Big Expectations

As long as daddy Mobley stops reproducing, they’ll go back to the cellar

2. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

This should have been Miller's philosophy years ago. This team for the most part should completely be back next year, the only question mark is Mautherin. They have 3 pretty solid looking guards coming in next year so they should be really deep in back court and wing. I think the bigs they have can be sufficient if the coaching staff can continue to develop them. That is the biggest criticism of Miller in my opinion, he hasn't been able to make guys better (develop) from the time they hit Tucson to when they leave because one and dones aren't concerned about development. They are just showcasing their game to NBA scouts. The G League should help by removing kids who have no business on a college campus so Miller and staff need to do a much better job of developing the guys they bring in and make sure they buy into his system and are good fits to the returning squads.

3. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I only saw the end of the game but it seemed to me the problem was things not totally on Enfield, like bad FT shooting including literally their best shooter, Baumann, missing 2 after they called a T on Koloko. Arizona making half their 3's including guys like Terry and Brown who have been struggling of late.

The strategy part in when I was watching is Miller just refused to let I Mobley do anything, when he got the ball they aggressively doubled him every time. They double E Mobley too of course but with I they are doubling him to try and turn him over. He didn't do that much but he was just completely unable to punish them for doubling. When he scores well, USC is unbeatable, when he doesn't they're human and seemed like that was a big factor.

It's also just matchups USC has tons of bigs but nobody like Jaquez that the UA bigs can't defend, so they matchup better even with the size of the Mobleys. and didn't hurt that miller played Jordan Brown big minutes and he responded with a huge game

4. TJ

TJ Big Expectations

Crickets from the athletic department. Heeke doesn’t do contracts during the season, which is dumb. There’s also chatter that the ABOR might challenge a Miller extension.

This needs to be resolved immediately after the season.

5. GatorAZ

GatorAZ feed hopkins

It’s tricky with the IARP ruling yet to come down. Nobody seems to know the timeline but I’d guess they tack on a year after the season.