Screw the tank

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we lose we lose, but I will never cheer for my team to lose any games.

Win all you can and then figure out where you draft.

:newcards:
I felt like you do until these last 2-3 games, I just want the highest draft pick possible & those 2 bozos gone. Losing should accomplish that. However, Sunday night was bittersweet for me. I didn't want them to lose & I didn't want them to win lol, if that makes any sense?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt like you do until these last 2-3 games, I just want the highest draft pick possible & those 2 bozos gone. Losing should accomplish that. However, Sunday night was bittersweet for me. I didn't want them to lose & I didn't want them to win lol, if that makes any sense?
When we were in the stands with plenty of fans wearing Patriots' Brady jerseys mixed in amongst the Bucs' fans there was no hesitation - win the freaking game and shut those clowns up.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we lose we lose, but I will never cheer for my team to lose any games.

Win all you can and then figure out where you draft.

:newcards:
I was with you until everyone got hurt. Kyler and Colt got hurt, Byron Murphy was put on injured reserve and the rest of our corners got hurt, Zach Allen got hurt, etc.... We are missing so many key players that this isn't really our team anymore. If we lose it isn't because all our players/coaches suck it's because we are using a healthy number of practice squad players.

Every game since we lost to the Patriots has been a preseason game in my mind. We're looking to see what the rookies and practice squad can do, but there are absolutely no stakes. Add that to a very handsome reward that comes with losing, why shouldn't I want them to lose? After all, I don't care if we lose preseason games.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was with you until everyone got hurt. Kyler and Colt got hurt, Byron Murphy was put on injured reserve and the rest of our corners got hurt, Zach Allen got hurt, etc.... We are missing so many key players that this isn't really our team anymore. If we lose it isn't because all our players/coaches suck it's because we are using a healthy number of practice squad players.

Every game since we lost to the Patriots has been a preseason game in my mind. We're looking to see what the rookies and practice squad can do, but there are absolutely no stakes. Add that to a very handsome reward that comes with losing, why shouldn't I want them to lose? After all, I don't care if we lose preseason games.
I'm surprised that there's no thread about Baker's broken shoulder.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough decision. Hate to see Cards lose but would like a higher draft pick and also losing may help get rid of Kingsbury. Bottom line that this Cards team is just pathetic to watch and cheer.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
One thing I notice about teams that tank is that the golden ticket (high draft choice) often doesn't change much. You've got to have a great coaching staff, a great GM and a great owner with big pockets. Even if the Rams lose every game from here on out, I'm still cheering them to win, because the football season is almost over and there will be months before the next season. Granted, we don't have a first round pick and so that may shade my thinking a bit, but I don't think so. Win every game you can, show some heart and regroup for next year. Dreaming of high draft picks can become a yearly thing with fans dreaming of team losses for half the year, year after year. At least for me, that is no way to spend your life.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Ask Jets fans how they feel about winning meaningless games at the end of the year
For every Trevor Lawrence, you get two JaMarcus Russels'. I'm too lazy to go back through time to check out the history of #1 overall picks, but it's definitely no sure thing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Are you considered a "fan" when you root for your team to lose? :?:
Ah, the age old questioning of fandom post. Not kosher, man. The answer is yes, as it always is, as you well know. If you root for your team to win and damn the draft/coach/GM consequences, bully for you. If you root for your team to tank because you want the higher pick/the coach and GM to be gone, bully for you. Different strokes for different folks, but they are all fans.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I used to be in the "win no matter what" camp but if a little suffering now can bring me some optimism in the future... I'll take it. I don't want there to be any last minute spirited wins that make Mike reconsider going into next year with the same leadership, and drop us from getting a real difference maker or two.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I'm 61 years old. I could be dead by September, I want wins no matter what! If they lose out, I'll be happy our draft position improves, but I cannot pull for this team(my favorite sports team) to lose ever.
Going back to '97 do you think P. Manning would have signed here knowing what Archie and Eli did to the Chargers a few years later?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA