Saw Primus and Clutch last night

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Primus is so damn good live. Anyone else go? Never seen Marquee that packed before. Hadn't seen primus since the 90s and they were as good as ever.

I have seen clutch four or five times now, never really heard their music outside of concerts, they just always happen to tour with bands I want to see. I know they have a big following and all but I don't think I am much of a fan outside of a song or two.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Primus is amazing live. I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it because Marquee has turned into a pretty decent venue sound-wise. The beverage prices are another story!

I actually saw Primus' first show in Phoenix waaaaaay back at Rockers. I was about ten feet from Claypool. I just sat there in awe watching this bass player funk it up like I had never seen before. Had a brief chat with the boys after the show in their used Winnebago because my buddy knew LaLonde from his old band, Possessed. Good times.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn I wanted to see Primus! I work down the street from the Marquee and saw that they were playing but forgot to buy tickets. ugh!
it sold out too. I couldnt believe the amount of people there. At one point during clutch I went outside to get some smokey air and cool off a little. While I was out there, clutch finished performing. I tried to go back inside and between the beer lines, bathroom lines and thousands of people flooding onto the patio, it was impossible to go in. I tried on 3 occasions, 2 of them i went back outside and just waited 5 minutes. The third try was the charm.

Even once primus was on, it was very difficult to get down to the pits, the crowd was packed in there like sardines.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn