Safe to say BA had a pretty big influence on drafting?

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim's three drafts, thus far, since Bruce left.

1 10 Josh Rosen QB UCLA From Oakland (miss - coaching? Viewed as good pick at time)
2 47 Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M (valuable player, on the rise?)
3 97 Mason Cole C Michigan Compensatory pick (presume starter at C)
4 134 Chase Edmonds RB Fordham Compensatory pick (solid backup, spot guy)
6 182 Chris Campbell CB Penn State (waived during roster cuts)
7 254 Korey Cunningham G Cincinnati Compensatory pick (traded for a 6th round pick)

1 1 Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma ('nuff said.)
2 33 Byron Murphy CB Washington (Flashed as a rookie, can he take the next step?)
2 62 Andy Isabella WR Massachusetts From Miami via New Orleans (TBD.)
3 65 Zach Allen DE Boston College (Solid, showed potential until injured.)
4 103 Hakeem Butler WR Iowa State (TBD)
5 139 Deionte Thompson S Alabama (Showed flashes toward end of the year.)
6 174 Keesean Johnson WR Fresno State (Looked good in training camp, struggled to make field.)
6 179 Lamont Gaillard C Georgia From Tampa Bay (Coaches seem to like his potential.)
7 248 Joshua Miles T Morgan State Compensatory pick (developmental guy, still on team.)
7 249 Michael Dogbe DE Temple Compensatory pick (developmental guy, still on team.)
7 254 Caleb Wilson TE UCLA Compensatory pick (Made practice squad, signed to Redskins.)

1 8 Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson (Sky is the limit.)
2 40 DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson (acquired via highway robbery)
3 72 Josh Jones OT Houston (Regarded as a potential first rounder, great value pick)
4 111 TBD
4 114 TBD
4 131 TBD
5 Forefeited to draft Jalen Thompson S Washington State (flashed at end of the year, defensive starter)
6 202
7 222

Say what you will about some of the late-late picks but there isn't really a Logan Thomas, Hassan Reddick, Chad Williams, or Brandon Williams in the bunch.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1 10 Josh Rosen QB UCLA From Oakland (miss - coaching? Viewed as good pick at time)
7 254 Korey Cunningham G Cincinnati Compensatory pick (traded for a 6th round pick)

2 33 Byron Murphy CB Washington (Flashed as a rookie, can he take the next step?)
6 174 Keesean Johnson WR Fresno State (Looked good in training camp, struggled to make field.)
6 179 Lamont Gaillard C Georgia From Tampa Bay (Coaches seem to like his potential.)
7 248 Joshua Miles T Morgan State Compensatory pick (developmental guy, still on team.)
7 249 Michael Dogbe DE Temple Compensatory pick (developmental guy, still on team.)
7 254 Caleb Wilson TE UCLA Compensatory pick (Made practice squad, signed to Redskins.)

3 72 Josh Jones OT Houston (Regarded as a potential first rounder, great value pick)
4 111 TBD
4 114 TBD
4 131 TBD
5 Forefeited to draft Jalen Thompson S Washington State (flashed at end of the year, defensive starter)
6 202
7 222

Say what you will about some of the late-late picks but there isn't really a Logan Thomas, Hassan Reddick, Chad Williams, or Brandon Williams in the bunch.

Um, I think Hakeem Butler might beg to differ.

But yes, even though last years draft hasn't been great so far, it does seem better than past years

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just off of initial reaction, I liked the past 3 drafts a lot more than ones under the Arians. Yes, that even includes the one under Wilks.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just off of initial reaction, I liked the past 3 drafts a lot more than ones under the Arians. Yes, that even includes the one under Wilks.

I think just based on the fact that we've got three guys out of that class that stuck and two others we moved for assets, that's a bonus. It sucks selling Rosen for a 2nd, but after what he did for the Dolphins it looks like we did well to get that.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the surface I would agree but the Bucs appear to be having a good draft this year. Hope you are right because that means our GM is above average based on this offseason.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the surface I would agree but the Bucs appear to be having a good draft this year. Hope you are right because that means our GM is above average based on this offseason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

4 111 TBD
4 114 TBD
4 131 TBD
6 202
7 222

Too early to say that. Isabella, Allen and butler could be.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This draft is TBD and has started off well, but the drafts since BA left have been garbage. They weren't even great with him, but I think it's rose-colored glasses talking if you genuinely think the past few drafts have netted anything of true substance outside of Kyler Murray, and even that pick is TBD, while I feel good about it where we stand today.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was thinking the same exact thing, I have no idea why the drafts sucked while BA was in Arizona but so far in Tampa Bay his drafts have been pretty good. Maybe he learned from his mistakes here? The Logan Thomas pick still baffles me, that dude only looks like a QB with his size, he couldn't hit the ocean with a semi lol. He's now a TE.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh we don’t know yet if it’s any different with Kliff. Let’s not think Kingsbury hasn’t had an impact like BA. He obviously pushed for kyler (not saying that’s why we drafted him) and there are HUGE connections with Kliff and josh jones too.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There certainly has been a change. Not saying better or worse but it just seems Keim's process or whatever is different if that makes any sense. Now jumping from one coach to another will also change the vibe if a GM takes into account the coach which he should. I think we need at least one more draft with Kliff to get a bead on their approach... right now common sense is ruling the day lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Eh we don’t know yet if it’s any different with Kliff. Let’s not think Kingsbury hasn’t had an impact like BA. He obviously pushed for kyler (not saying that’s why we drafted him) and there are HUGE connections with Kliff and josh jones too.
Yeah, then there's the seeming push by KK to take Isabella and Butler last year too.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, then there's the seeming push by KK to take Isabella and Butler last year too.
Butler seemed like a steal when we drafted him, made sense to me at the time. Isabella, I remember watching him light up that Georgia secondary in 2018, he had over 200 yds receiving in that game. Kept burning them time after time deep. Not like that defense was chopped liver either. That defense was coached by Kirby Smart who learned under Nick Saban at Alabama. Little did we know at that time there would be next to nothing out of them in 2019. Let's hope they both pick it up in 2020? I read that Isabella struggled with the playbook, he needed to stay on the outside running go routes imo but what do I know lol?

Reaction score
Most significant influence BA had on Keim was his extra-curricular activities. Some guys handle it, some don't!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard