Round 1

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
@Harry I'm bullish on Toney as well. Watch his tape, the kid is a stud and makes plays.

I remember the consternation on drafting "slow" Anquan Boldin. Some guys just have dog in them and Toney appears to love making big plays.

Here’s what I said about Boldin, “Not everyone missed on Boldin, I wrote this before the draft, "The most underrated "name" receiver in the draft is Anquan Boldin. He lacks classic speed (see Jerry Rice), but he is an outstanding athlete who got caught up in last season's FSU circus. He is more than just a possession receiver. Boldin has great instincts and his upside is huge. He will be a big play receiver. He would be a fine selection in round two." I had him as the third best WR in the draft and only two going in round one.

I wrote this after, "Boldin is the best catch in my mind. He is just learning the position and Sullivan is the finest teacher in the NFL. Forget the pure speed issue, Boldin is a threat. He has good game speed, will fight for the ball and isn't afraid to go over the middle. He makes the big play and is excellent at getting separation in the red zone. They also got him at about the right place in the draft."

Toney is not Boldin, but he will be an NFL playmaker.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Farley I’d simply rely on medical expert consensus opinion then pull the trigger without thinking twice if full recovery and lack of reoccurrence is very likely. Quick internet search says 3-4 months before resuming contact sports activity, so he shouldn’t be at risk of missing training camp.

Good stuff. I think Farley will be there at #16 and the Cards will take him (they will check out the medical reports for sure) CBs Surtain and Horn will most likely be gone. I like RB Williams in Round 2. I think RBs Harris & Etienne will be gone. I like them getting a CB and RB in the first two rounds.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might just found our round 1 answer
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry do you have any opinion on Tyson Campbell, the Georigia CB? Gambo said earlier this week he is a guy the Cards are interested in, and He was number 2 on Chris Sims list of corners in the draft.

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Harry do you have any opinion on Tyson Campbell, the Georigia CB? Gambo said earlier this week he is a guy the Cards are interested in, and He was number 2 on Chris Sims list of corners in the draft.
This probably means a trade to the back of the 1st round.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim can’t be that damn dumb to trade back in the first for Tyson Campbell

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Starting to think we just take Harris at 16. Having a legit threat on the ground as well as Murray will just make both players so much better. In a chess game it seems the logical choice. Who gives a crap if the league doesn’t think RBs should be taken that high anymore. You have to work with what you’ve got and improve what you haven’t got

Agree we need stud rb unless blue chip corner is available come back at it in the 2nd rd and also free agency. But rushing success helps much more then KM - oline, defense whole team benefits, as well as opening up the playbook. Not just week to week but season quarter to quarter.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Obviously I am not Harry, but I love the athlete that Campbell is but he never seems to make a play on the ball. I am not sure if he just doesn't have the coverage instincts or what, but dude is just not a play maker. Super low ints and PBUs.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Obviously I am not Harry, but I love the athlete that Campbell is but he never seems to make a play on the ball. I am not sure if he just doesn't have the coverage instincts or what, but dude is just not a play maker. Super low ints and PBUs.

This comment hits the key point. With Campbell, seeing is not believing. This is also why I hate to evaluate players based on a highlight tape. If you watch those, you’ll think this guy is a round 1 talent. However, if you watch him play a game against a top team you’re struck with how often he seems confused. Misdirection baffles him. Crossing routes and bunched receivers menace him. He has all the athletic traits, but lacks game awareness. The more complex the play, the more likely he is to be in the wrong place. One interception in 3 years from an athlete with his skill says it all. In zone he’s especially vulnerable. The concern to me is I’m not sure what Campbell needs to develop can be taught.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can someone post the interceptions and deflection numbers for each the highest ranked cb prospects?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not against drafting RBs high, I'm only against keeping them for more than their rookie contract.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm all for a CB in round one at #16 and short of that securing our 0-line for the long term. Pugh may be gone after this season and we've a bandaid on the right side. A RB can be found in RD#2 and beyond if need be - Imo.

A future guard or tackle isn't sexy but after the gnashing on draft day may prove a prophectic choice in seasons to come.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm all for a CB in round one at #16 and short of that securing our 0-line for the long term. Pugh may be gone after this season and we've a bandaid on the right side. A RB can be found in RD#2 and beyond if need be - Imo.

A future guard or tackle isn't sexy but after the gnashing on draft day may prove a prophectic choice in seasons to come.
I’m in the CB first. If one of the top 3 wrs drops consider them. If neither of those then OL. I want to build an oline that other teams’ fans drool over.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
AVT, J Phillips, Horn and Surtain are my shortlist of realistic options at 16. No idea what to do with Farley now. Would take one of the big three WRs too, but not expecting them to make it. I don’t value any RB anywhere close to mid first. Harris doesn’t have top end speed and Ettiene lacks vision.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless there's a QB left on the board, I can't see the incentive for any team to move up. And any other player possibly coveted by another team, we can use.
There are always teams in love with some players
If the Cardinals are willing to trade they ll get a partner, giving a third and fourth won't be an excessive expense

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There are always teams in love with some players
If the Cardinals are willing to trade they ll get a partner, giving a third and fourth won't be an excessive expense

It takes two to tango.

And, as said, I can't imagine there's a player someone wants, other than a QB at #16, that we don't need.

Don't give up quality for quantity.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose