Roster ideas and rumors for Suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so YOU had the Suns making a legit championship run and going to the finals on draft night?

Why trade for Chris Paul if a team is not going to go for it?

It's like why would an NFL football team invest heavily in an aging star quarterback if they are not going to make every effort to make a run at it. See the Tampa Bay Buccaneers acquiring Tom Brady.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why trade for Chris Paul if a team is not going to go for it?

It's like why would an NFL football team invest heavily in an aging star quarterback if they are not going to make every effort to make a run at it. See the Tampa Bay Buccaneers acquiring Tom Brady.

oh this is getting ridiculously. We were hoping to make the playoffs. You legitimately think we were in championship mode making that trade

Find me ANYTHING just anything from YOU or the national media or on this board that had us making a finals run. Hindsight is 20/20. There were people here who didn’t even want to give up Oubre for him at the time. Stop acting like we were on the verge and just needed one guy to put us over the top we were just hoping to make the playoffs

we didn’t trade for Paul early in the season, we didn’t draft Stix early in the season this thread is about where this tram was on draft night

stop it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young would be a perfect fit, but I just can't figure out why anyone would take Stix and Saric.

The Nance trade seems more realistic if only because he has 2 years left on his deal, which is the same as Saric. Stix would be a piece they might view as having some value because they're not a playoff team and could actually use a floor stretching 4, even if he does need more development.

I'm not saying its perfect but at least it makes more sense than San Antonio willingly cutting into their cap space next year to bring in Saric. I think either deal would need to include some picks, even 2nd rounders.

Nothing will happen until Summer League finishes up. I'm not saying it'll happen once its over but it makes no sense for a team to make a deal involving guys in the SL right now when they can wait a couple of days.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh this is getting ridiculously. We were hoping to make the playoffs. You legitimately think we were in championship mode making that trade

Find me ANYTHING just anything from YOU or the national media or on this board that had us making a finals run. Hindsight is 20/20. There were people here who didn’t even want to give up Oubre for him at the time. Stop acting like we were on the verge and just needed one guy to put us over the top we were just hoping to make the playoffs

we didn’t trade for Paul early in the season, we didn’t draft Stix early in the season this thread is about where this tram was on draft night

stop it.

All I'm saying once the Suns traded for Chris Paul they had a opportunity to be one of the best teams in the West.

How far that carries them no one knew for sure. The games are played on the court, not in the media.

As far as the draft, I thought the Suns should have drafted Tyrese Haliburton but we had that discussion before.

So let's agree to end the discussion here.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I’m Chicago I’m not taking Saric because of that extra year even if it means I get Stix. Dude is nothing more than an average player in a great frame.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I’m Chicago I’m not taking Saric because of that extra year even if it means I get Stix. Dude is nothing more than an average player in a great frame.

It's hard to find a way to make that trade attractive. About the only thing the Suns could add are second round draft picks.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
San Antonio might bite because they're in rebuild mode. Stix would fit in with that. Sit Dario for the year then trade him to a contender next draft/preseason.

I'd prefer Nance over Thad but I think we need to do something more in the front court.

I didn't want Frank back personally.

If you go by JJ saying he wants 3 deep at each position, currently we are only 2 deep at the 3 (Jae, CJ, Stix at 4 and DA, McGee, Frank at 5).

Stix hasn't shown enough to make our front court depth anything. Bucks showed us we need more there.

If we can trade our Dario, who isn't playing this year, and Stix for a more serviceable 4, you have to do it due to our window.

Some have continued to mention KAT as well, but then we lose DA's defense which is required for continued Championship aspirations. So for those peeps wanting KAT and his offense then maybe a deal centered around one of Mikal/CJ with Jae, Dario, Stix and 2 future 1sts for KAT and play him at the 4. Whoever stays (CJ and Mikal) they start at the 3. Then grab a 3 and 4 for the remaining MLE, BAE, and Vet mins.

KAT at 4 would be perfect for spacing with DA and McGee defending the post.

But I digress, we need a quality 4 at the bare minimum at this point cause Stix won't cut it.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
San Antonio might bite because they're in rebuild mode. Stix would fit in with that. Sit Dario for the year then trade him to a contender next draft/preseason.

I'd prefer Nance over Thad but I think we need to do something more in the front court.

If you go by JJ saying he wants 3 deep at each position, currently we are only 2 deep at the 3 (Jae, CJ, Stix at 4 and DA, McGee, Frank at 5).

Stix hasn't shown enough to make our front court depth anything. Bucks showed us we need more there.

If we can trade our Dario, who isn't playing this year, and Stix for a more serviceable 4, you have to do it due to our window.

Some have continued to mention KAT as well, but then we lose DA's defense which is required for continued Championship aspirations. So for those peeps wanting KAT and his offense then maybe a deal centered around one of Mikal/CJ with Jae, Dario, Stix and 2 future 1sts for KAT and play him at the 4. Whoever stays (CJ and Mikal) they start at the 3. Then grab a 3 and 4 for the remaining MLE, BAE, and Vet mins.

But I digress, we need a quality 4 at the bare minimum at this point cause Stix won't cut it.
If we could get KAT with DA, CP3, and Book that’d be insane. I know KAT and Book played together at UK. But does DA really wanna be thought of as a 4th option if he’s trying to secure the bag?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I believe in these hypothetical trades it would be a three way with Dario going to the Spurs. They're probably going to tank next year so bringing in some dead money in exchange for a 2nd rounder or a young player makes sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The DeMar DeRozan sign and trade has reportedly been completed. So if there are any spin off trades we should hear soon.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the details of the above trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thaddeus Young to the Suns?

That says why it makes sense for us but not really why it does for the Spurs, which is the issue. I can't see a way they take the deal without some picks involved. If they're 2nd rounders, get it done, but I'm not sure about any 1st's, even with protection.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

if you could get KAT without giving up Ayton, Booker or Paul you do and it don’t look back.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Young would be a perfect fit, but I just can't figure out why anyone would take Stix and Saric.
A former top 10 pick buried on a team with championship ambition might be more attractive to the Spurs than a 33 year old who will provide "veteran leadership" to a team that won't compete.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A former top 10 pick buried on a team with championship ambition might be more attractive to the Spurs than a 33 year old who will provide "veteran leadership" to a team that won't compete.

It would still require them to take on an extra $15 million or so in salary to swap out Young for Saric and Stix. If it were $5, I could see it happening but $15 is enough that they'd need to be very high on Stix.

Honestly the more I think about it, if the Spurs would do that without a 1st from us then I'd might want to keep Stix. They're a great developmental team and it would be saying they really see something so maybe we should be patient. A Spurs stamp of approval is enough to make me second guess giving him away.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It would still require them to take on an extra $15 million or so in salary to swap out Young for Saric and Stix. If it were $5, I could see it happening but $15 is enough that they'd need to be very high on Stix.

Honestly the more I think about it, if the Spurs would do that without a 1st from us then I'd might want to keep Stix. They're a great developmental team and it would be saying they really see something so maybe we should be patient. A Spurs stamp of approval is enough to make me second guess giving him away.
Yeah, but at the same time, we need to go all in for the next 2 years at this point. Getting a guy like Young is EXACTLY what we need, and doesn't cost us either Johnson or Bridges.

I'll take a Stix wager on that to ensure we cover our biggest weakness, and the Suns would be legitimately 2 deep at every position.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

stop it.
I remember getting laughed at for saying we would win 45+ But that was after the bubble and before CP3

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard