Roster Bubble

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
.............Niklas has gotten better and has shown he can produce in a real game.......

I'd like to know when that happened? :shrug:

You can't be really counting the 1 game against the sad sack Browns when he caught 2 one yard TDs & think that's production on play action.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to know when that happened? :shrug:

You can't be really counting the 1 game against the sad sack Browns when he caught 2 one yard TDs & think that's production on play action.

I sure don`t recall any other TE`s on the roster catching 2 TDs in the same game any other time last season .:clapping:
Last I heard the stats counted in all 16 games last season.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Enough with the Momah nonsense..............Niklas has gotten better and has shown he can produce in a real game...........Momah nothing............I like Gerald Christian also and think he has a damn good shot if Catrds keep 4 TE.Amazing how Niklas catches more crap from fans than Humphries who WAS A FIRST ROUND PICK WHO DID NOT EVEN GET ACTIVATED ALL SEASON.

Maybe Momah doesn't make the roster, but I'm curious to see (with examples, of course) why you have so much faith that Niklas is going to produce this season? Because the evidence that he's an injury-plagued underachiever is pretty overwhelming.

Exhibit A:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 10.06.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 10.06.36 PM.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Troy Niklas is the offensive equivalent to Stewart Bradley on this board. For some reason, people always seem to think he's going to be a productive player and he's garbage. If he wasn't a 2nd round pick, he'd likely have already been cut. If Christian comes back healthy, Niklas may be the 5th best TE on the roster.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree---also at CB and on the OL.

Unfortunately, I see CB like the ILB roster battle last year (at least we drafted these guys this time). I hope that the guys that make the cut can actually hold their own in the NFL as eventual starters, so there will be a lot of finger crossing that these kids look good in real games if they win the roster battle.

OL will be the proof in the pudding test for me, have we been putting those young guys on the PS that actually have potential to play or have they been glorified camp bodies?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe Momah doesn't make the roster, but I'm curious to see (with examples, of course) why you have so much faith that Niklas is going to produce this season? Because the evidence that he's an injury-plagued underachiever is pretty overwhelming.

Exhibit A:

based upon those stats....he was healthier last season...and one could argue that CP just needs to throw him the ball more often.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Troy Niklas is the offensive equivalent to Stewart Bradley on this board. For some reason, people always seem to think he's going to be a productive player and he's garbage. If he wasn't a 2nd round pick, he'd likely have already been cut. If Christian comes back healthy, Niklas may be the 5th best TE on the roster.

Absolute bull****.Go have dinner with your scouting buddy so you can be told what to think for more players.:hammer::hammer:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
based upon those stats....he was healthier last season...and one could argue that CP just needs to throw him the ball more often.

Considering that Niklas has caught EVERY pass thrown to him (7 targets- 7 catches) maybe Cards should think about using him more often.

Some fans of this team seem to prefer any Abdul Shabaz from Molehill state to a white player in any position.I guess the reasoning being lesser athletic ability ,speed,,etc;Whatever?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering that Niklas has caught EVERY pass thrown to him (7 targets- 7 catches) maybe Cards should think about using him more often.

Some fans of this team seem to prefer any Abdul Shabaz from Molehill state to a white player in any position.I guess the reasoning being lesser athletic ability ,speed,,etc;Whatever?

Give me a break. Keep race out of this, unless you want to be banned for trolling.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Absolute bull****.Go have dinner with your scouting buddy so you can be told what to think for more players.:hammer::hammer:

He's right!!!

How in any logical mind can you be pimping a guy who has 70 yards worth of catches for his career & rarely sees the field? And then to call out a good poster who has a solid knowledge of the game. I stand beside Jim on his assessment & have repeatedly said I hated the pick of Niklaus from day 1.

Really? Lol :doi:
His production don't lie...or let me say lack of. You do realize that Niklaus is getting outplayed by a FA & can't get on the field don't you?

Buckybird

Reaction score

Lol

Wow 7 whole catches in 2 years! Wow he's impressive. It would only take Niklaus 8 more years to equal Fells totals lol :p

the race crap you pulled is ridiculous!!! I don't care if our TE is an alien if he produce, unlike that #87 you think is so awesome

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
32-Williams
33-Miller[/COLOR][/B]

Bubble:
Asa Jackson---3-4 year veteran who has looked good in OTAs thus far.
Shaun Prater---combo CB/S who plays an aggressive style.
Cariel Brooks---coaches like his skill set.
Ellie Bouka---runs a 4.3, reacts swiftly to the ball and delivers big hits.

Me thinks this will draw the most interest this TC. ;) A vet mtl should be added. But I would love to see one or two of these guys make a legit move to claim a spot.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
catches

Nik was not drafted for pass catching- BA throws to receivers. but there is not much drop off in pass protection with fells in there- Fells and Monah are still learning - Cards are in good shape.

Lol

Wow 7 whole catches in 2 years! Wow he's impressive. It would only take Niklaus 8 more years to equal Fells totals lol :p

the race crap you pulled is ridiculous!!! I don't care if our TE is an alien if he produce, unlike that #87 you think is so awesome

Buckybird

Reaction score
Nik was not drafted for pass catching- BA throws to receivers. but there is not much drop off in pass protection with fells in there- Fells and Monah are still learning - Cards are in good shape.

Which is exactly why he shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round!!!:bang:

THESMEL

Reaction score
ok

I don't like the Cards high risk draft style- but we have a stud oline now- and Nik was the safest pick we took under Keim- I still think he can be one of the best blocking TEs in the NFL, with his experience - when healthy. Aint like BA's system changed - But Fells and Monah are great surprizes

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Why should I do that when I have you to tell me what to think.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

The mere fact that we're talking about him getting supplanted on the roster by two former UDFAs (Fells and Momah) and Mr. Irrelevant (Gerald Christian) is disconcerting for the former 2nd round pick.

THESMEL

Reaction score
purpose of an emotion

mental health professionals throughout my career are stumped by this question- what is the purpose of an emotion?

An emotions purpose is to tell me what is important to me!

a thought always precedes and emotion - if the thought is accurate and the right size - emotions are sober and direct physiological changes in a body.

real or imagined a, accurate or distorted a thought drives emotions and emotions drive our impulses. but that is another subject.....

one last thing on emotions - there are 8 primary emotions- these drive our bus - and can seen on any animals face- fear causes impulses and release super powers within humans. So whether you are attacked by a tiger - or imagine you are attacked by a tiger you can become 5 times stronger than a few seconds before.....

That's how to feel - Cardinal up and take it like a fan!

This sucks... I need someone to tell me how to feel too lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson