Rondale Moore silence is deafening

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah, most throws happen when the window is closing vs when its about to open.
Not sure throwing into tight windows is a Kyler problem. I think he simply doesnt trust Rondale's catch radius/plus he's a short QB who can barely see as well.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Its just possible they arent a great mix together. Rondale would thrive with a taller QB. Kyler with a bigger WR.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@kerouac9 will probably roast me, but I’m 100% on board that Rondale will not fully blossom until he gets away from Kliff’s scheme.

I was 70% there, but now, I’m fully convinced.
I think Kliff is just trying to help accelerate his development. He doesnt have a history of running deep routes.

I can see they loved Jaylen Waddle coming out. Maybe the hope is Kliff can develop him into that kind of player in 2 years albeit shorter.
I was looking forward to the same thing but while I'd hope to see the 2008 or 2015 Cardinals offense I can't help but feel we get exactly the same thing we are getting now. Just with different names.

Do I expect to see a game where Hopkins and Brown have 120 yards each and Rondale as 80? Sadly not.

I expect Hopkins 140, Hollywood 70, Rondale 40.
I'd take it tbh.

I still think there's a body type missing in that group. Would feel better if Hollywood was Robbie Anderson height, lol. Very talented group, just not the biggest.
He definitely isn't successful taking WR screens that every defense sees coming.
Still waiting on the fake screen and shot deep. Maybe next game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure throwing into tight windows is a Kyler problem. I think he simply doesnt trust Rondale's catch radius/plus he's a short QB who can barely see as well.

Its just possible they arent a great mix together. Rondale would thrive with a taller QB. Kyler with a bigger WR.
It’s hard to determine if they’re a great mix or not when there’s 100 pointless screens being called for the WR. Waddle would legit be used the same way in this offense.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He does it with a lot more wrs than Moore.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yeah, tight window not necessarily the issue, not leading wrs and waiting until they are open, which causes a tight window, happens too often.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And yeah, tight window not necessarily the issue, not leading wrs and waiting until they are open, which causes a tight window, happens too often.
I feel a bit like that too, but he then relies on Ertz and he runs the wrong route resulting in a pick. I think Hop is the only guy he trusts on timing throws

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel a bit like that too, but he then relies on Ertz and he runs the wrong route resulting in a pick. I think Hop is the only guy he trusts on timing throws
I had the audio down. Did Ertz run the wrong route? I assumed Kyler just airmailed it.
It’s hard to determine if they’re a great mix or not when there’s 100 pointless screens being called for the WR. Waddle would legit be used the same way in this offense.
I just think he does that because the line isnt great at the point of attack. Sure he needs a better counter, but he's trying to supplement the running game.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I had the audio down. Did Ertz run the wrong route? I assumed Kyler just airmailed it.

I just think he does that because the line isnt great at the point of attack. Sure he needs a better counter, but he's trying to supplement the running game.
It sure looked like it because he broke way too late to think it was meant to veer off, and Kyler had him down the seam if he would have continued on

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The question is did Ertz run the wrong route or did Murray envision Ertz running one route while Ertz ran the route the play called for?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came from Ertz’s mouth. So I guess he should lie???
Players cover for each other all the time and in the media especially. It’s certainly possible. As Crimson said above.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What Moore is good at is making people miss, if our genius play caller could scheme him into space other than behind the LOS................oh wait, never mind lol.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

I think of late Kyler has not been going through his progressions long enough to get to Moore on the queue

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Rondale's hammy isnt 100%.

Usually in the open field, there is a bit more burst.

Twice he had receptions underneath and i thought he could have made the line to gain -- but came up a couple yards short (which IIRC, both were converted on 4th down). Maybe its nit picking as he did turn two 3rd and 10+ into 4th and shorts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose