Rondale Moore silence is deafening

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Tough to believe with his speed and shiftiness that he hasn’t emerged as a true slot wr terror. Moore-or-less think his future is limited in the desert unless something starts to click for him

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough to believe with his speed and shiftiness that he hasn’t emerged as a true slot wr terror. Moore-or-less think his future is limited in the desert unless something starts to click for him

He seemingly can only get space as a receiver if there is a play drawn up specifically for him, via a screen or pick and even then he goes down pretty easily.

With his poor durability and his inability to break a tackle, I cannot picture him functioning as a running back.

We have not let him return kicks since his rookie year... maybe give him another look there.

Right now, outside of a gadget running play here and there, he is pretty much useless.

Reactions: PJ1

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
With all the shiftiness, is he getting wide open? Honest question.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He seemingly can only get space as a receiver if there is a play drawn up specifically for him, via a screen or pick and even then he goes down pretty easily.

With his poor durability and his inability to break a tackle, I cannot picture him functioning as a running back.

We have not let him return kicks since his rookie year... maybe give him another look there.

Right now, outside of a gadget running play here and there, he is pretty much useless.
Gimmick weapon is a good description. If you look at his college career, his durability and lack of flexibility were clear. He lacks moves. He lacks power to break tackles. It‘s a tribute to the coaching staff’s play design capabilities that they’ve found ways to use him. Speed is his one asset, so you’ve got to get him a great deal of room to run within.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gimmick weapon is a good description. If you look at his college career, his durability and lack of flexibility were clear. He lacks moves. He lacks power to break tackles. It‘s a tribute to the coaching staff’s play design capabilities that they’ve found ways to use him. Speed is his one asset, so you’ve got to get him a great deal of room to run within.
Yes, another exhibit why Drew Petzing seems to be on the rise. Hope Cardinals can hold onto to Drew for a couple of years with fully healthy Murray.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think he is a useful player

i think that as the staff gets more game experience with him, the number of ways to get him the ball go up

and i also think that he can be useful in that every time you line him up in the backfield or bring him in motion around the back field, he will draw defensive attention

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think he is a useful player

i think that as the staff gets more game experience with him, the number of ways to get him the ball go up

and i also think that he can be useful in that every time you line him up in the backfield or bring him in motion around the back field, he will draw defensive attention

This is his 3rd year and 2nd coaching staff...he probably is who he is.

I don't see any consistent game breaking ability.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Moore that I see is he struggles to get open in man coverage. CBs have it too easy jamming him or grabbing in the 5 yards which negates his speed by the time our QB has to throw. Which is why almost all of his catches come off motion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He needs to spend the offseason growing his arms to get off the press. His arms are too short. No more squats! I mean, spend some time where it can be impactful guy!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Moore that I see is he struggles to get open in man coverage. CBs have it too easy jamming him or grabbing in the 5 yards which negates his speed by the time our QB has to throw. Which is why almost all of his catches come off motion.
Again...he is a RB. Put him in motion into or out of the backfield. Put him on LBs. Limited touches but fills a situational RB role. Having him as a sub RB or two-RB player actually makes the defense account for him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The problem with Rondale is that he was drafted as 3rd round WR. He's really a round 5-7, UDFA type player because he has one trick.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The problem with Rondale is that he was drafted as 3rd round WR. He's really a round 5-7, UDFA type player because he has one trick.
He was a 2nd round pick.

It's not really his fault where he was drafted. The expectations should be reset on him. How can he contribute best to the team? Probably out of the backfield on 20-25 snaps per game. He's averaging 40 snaps per game, and he's not very helpful as an option to move the chains.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with your assessment here, but I did think that Moore actually broke a couple tackles yesterday or at least didn’t go down as easily as he has in the past. If he can perform like he did yesterday on a more consistent basis, his contributions will help this team. But, that is a big if, because consistency is what he has lacked all along.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again...he is a RB. Put him in motion into or out of the backfield. Put him on LBs. Limited touches but fills a situational RB role. Having him as a sub RB or two-RB player actually makes the defense account for him.
Agreed. I’m also thinking that he and Murray running the option 5-6 times a game would be a good look.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should.
Agreed. They should line him up in the backfield at least 60 or 70% of the time. Doing so, will get him lined up with LBs. He should be running option routes, much like McCaffrey.