Rondale Moore silence is deafening

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agree with your assessment here, but I did think that Moore actually broke a couple tackles yesterday or at least didn’t go down as easily as he has in the past. If he can perform like he did yesterday on a more consistent basis, his contributions will help this team. But, that is a big if, because consistency is what he has lacked all along.
I concur he fought for that first down, so I guess he can break some tackles.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed. I’m also thinking that he and Murray running the option 5-6 times a game would be a good look.
I don't know that I would put Murray in that spot, but there are many ways to use Moore as a "RB" that would make him more productive. You can play him half of his current snaps where he is largely ineffective, and instead use him to spell Conner or as a mismatch in the role of a RB.

An example. Using Moore in the slot and running an out route to combo with an inbreaking route for the outside WR doesn't do anything to really stress the defense. Because of the alignment, the defense doesn't need to account for Moore's speed. Running that same combo except from the backfield puts significantly more pressure on the defender to cover Moore into the flat because most defenders should be at a speed mismatch. It is a small thing, but it changes the stress on the defense significantly.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to be replaced by Dortch. Much better production.
If Dorch was better than Rondale, he would be playing. This staff has no loyalty. Dorch was undrafted for a reason. He has had 3 good games in his career, all loses with tons of stats on garbage time. Dorch struggles to return kickoffs and can't even get back to the 20 yard line. He is a nice story. But he is limited and won't be in this team next year. Moore may not be either, but he has a much higher chance of being here.

Rondale Moore
27 games out of 39 possible games.
106 Receptions
930 yards
32 rushes
116 yard
43 1st downs
2023 $1.8 million
2024 $2.2 million

Greg Dorch
28 games out of 55 possible games
54 receptions
482 yards
8 rushes
62 yards
23 1st downs
2023 $1.2 million
2024 RFA

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if Conner misses the next game with that knee they should give some of the reps to Rondale at RB just to see what he can do. If Conner is out we don't have a real starting RB so try and get some plays in for the guy averaging 14.5 yards per carry.

Without Murray, we're not going to see downfield plays for him, Dobbs just doesn't have the arm. And with Murray we didn't see much of that although that may have been partly Kliff's fault. But as others said, this staff didn't draft him, they need to figure out how to get the best out of him, forget where he was drafted, forget what he was supposed to be, get the most out of him now.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My guy has no bend, wiggle, or quick twitch. It’s alarming how someone so compact can’t seem to cut.
Today was disappointing from Rondale Moore. Just ran out of bounds as much as possible.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
keep waiting for a wheel route out of him when he is lined up in the backfield

although I'm not sure they want Dobbs holding the ball that long

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to say I don't understand what is going on with Moore.

He gets very few opportunities, except still a few screen passes thrown to him.

Is he incapable of getting open? Do the QB's not trust his ability to catch the ball? Is our qb just scared to throw down the field?

With everyone bagging on him though right now - it's not exactly like Michael Wilson or even Hollywood are getting many opportunities either.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have to say I don't understand what is going on with Moore.

He gets very few opportunities, except still a few screen passes thrown to him.

Is he incapable of getting open? Do the QB's not trust his ability to catch the ball? Is our qb just scared to throw down the field?

With everyone bagging on him though right now - it's not exactly like Michael Wilson or even Hollywood are getting many opportunities either.
I think he's a stiff. You can see it in his runs -- no cuts or really much wiggle. Acceleration might be bad, also.

You have to get him running in one direction and keep him going in that direction. For a WR, that's death, because the best way to get open (especially when you're small) is to change direction once your cover starts to turn.

Moore has played 303 snaps (less than Michael Wilson, but about 2/3 of the Cards offensive snaps). He's 3rd on the team in targets (behind Ertz and Brown). He's averaging 9.1 YPC and 6.6 yards per reception.

Good gawd.

There's really no greater sign that this offense is currently running on smoke and mirrors than Josh Dobbs, Emari Demercado, and Rondale Moore being second, third, and fifth on the team in touches respectively.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guy has no bend, wiggle, or quick twitch. It’s alarming how someone so compact can’t seem to cut.
He can absolutely cut. I have seen it in his route running. He just doesn't run the same when the has the ball in hand, as without.

Those two tackles he broke in that one run, were the first two he broke in his career that I can remember anyway.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's just so bleak. The resources Keim invested in WR and off-ball linebacker over the years, and the cupboard is almost entirely bare right now. It's just awful.
You must be registered for see images attach

Many people here defended Keim vigorously. Just an incredible 3 year stretch.