Rodney Hudson is a Cardinal

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was my first thought too. then my thought just now was it doesn't matter because Keim likely blows the pick anyway. The Rams continually trade picks for proven players and it's paid off for them. If that's how we have to roll, so be it.

You sound like you are confident in Steve Kevin’s ability to draft a third round draft pick there is going to have the same impact as a Rodney Hudson a potential Hall of Fame Center???

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hope it is not this years third. That would make it much more palatable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sound like you are confident in Steve Kevin’s ability to draft a third round draft pick there is going to have the same impact as a Rodney Hudson a potential Hall of Fame Center???

Shane, that was literally the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I posted. Read it again. I said Keim likely blows the pick anyway, so I'm fine getting rid of the 3rd.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I know some will say why trade a 3rd if they would probably release him anyway? but we just got an all pro center for a 3rd. I’m more than good with this.

Twitter was saying that the Dolphins were the competition on trade, Packers in the mix / unlikely that the Raiders were sending them to the Chiefs.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, that was literally the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I posted. Read it again. I said Keim likely blows the pick anyway, so I'm fine getting rid of the 3rd.

my bad... I’m just happy we landed him before being released and not having to get in a bidding war Kansas City or some other team

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I'm good with giving up a 3rd. Hoping it's a future 3rd just because we only have 5 picks this year. If it is this year, then Keim has to trade down from 16 to pick up more picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
a lot of complaining again for a potential HOF level center. Lol

3 pro bowls in 9 seasons and one second-team All-Pro does not a hall of fame career make. PFR's comparison tool puts him on the same level as Mike Pouncey.

this was my first thought too. then my thought just now was it doesn't matter because Keim likely blows the pick anyway. The Rams continually trade picks for proven players and it's paid off for them. If that's how we have to roll, so be it.

Honestly, 3rd round picks are lottery tickets. One in four work out. You get two years guaranteed at $9.5 million and $10 million with an opportunity to extend in 2022 and lower that eight-figure cap it. You can also release him at any time and only have a $3.5 million guaranteed salary.

I don't really know if he's good. He's missed 4 games in the last 8 seasons. Not a lot of downside on this one.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think trading down to acquire more picks has to be an option now.
Yup. Could be in Greg Newsome or Asante Samuel Jr range. Also not totally writing off iOL either but I think Vera-Tucker would by far be gone already.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

+1

The chances of finding a player as good as Hudson has been in the third round at his position is ludicrously low.

There is a general dearth of good young centers in the NFL right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose