Rocky Balboa (Rocky VI)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll see it. But Stallone's face scares me.

I take back everything I said about this movie.

I loved it. Great show. I didn't know Sly had it in him. Good dialogue. Good acting as the old Rocky. Burt Young is my new favorite actor.

Holy moly I loved this movie.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I took my two boys to see this yesterday. Fantastic movie. I’m so glad that he finally got this made. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing about it.

I got a big grin on my face when I saw Cuff and Link at the beginning. I’ve wanted to own turtles ever since I saw the first Rocky. I think I might have to finally get this done.

I can’t wait for this to be released on DVD. I had so much anticipation for this movie that it seemed to fly by way too fast.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took my two boys to see this yesterday. Fantastic movie. I’m so glad that he finally got this made. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing about it.

I got a big grin on my face when I saw Cuff and Link at the beginning. I’ve wanted to own turtles ever since I saw the first Rocky. I think I might have to finally get this done.

I can’t wait for this to be released on DVD. I had so much anticipation for this movie that it seemed to fly by way too fast.

Right on to that! I didn't want it to end.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I loved this movie...even got a bit teary eyed at the end :)

Nice way to go out Rocky...sometimes it feels like he was a real boxer.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority. I liked it okay--it certainly exceeded my expectations that I formed when I heard 60-something Stallone was going to do another Rocky movie--but I thought it was average at best.

I thought Stallone was, for lack of a better term, "trying too hard" in his direction. I also didn't think his motivations to get back in the ring made a lot of sense--I just don't understand why he equated his love and grief for Adrian with something that was incomplete with his boxing career. And, technically, the dialog that was clearly put back in in post was pretty bad (not the writing, though at times that was sorta forced, too, but rather the dubbing).

The one part that I thought was the most interesting was Paulie's regret about how he treated Adrian. I thought that was a very powerful scene when they were at the old ice rink.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard