Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stallone promises "Rocky VI"
Source: Cinema Confidential
January 20, 2005

According to the WENN, Sylvester Stallone is promising a Rocky comeback.

"We're in the kitchen and we're cooking. I've had meetings about this and it looks good. We'll see what we come up with," the actor said.

"Rocky VI" has been in limbo for quite some time now over at MGM studios, who currently owns the rights to the Rocky franchise. The story would have Rocky coming out of retirement to help raise money for a children's charity.

---------------------------------------------------------

:|

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
....The story would have Rocky coming out of retirement to help raise money for a children's charity.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember in "Airplane" when Sonny Bono buys the timebomb - the store has a poster for "Rocky XXIII" with an elderly Stallone in trunks and boxing gloves -- looks like that is gonna happen!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sly Stallone Starts Rocky 6 in December
Source: Production Weekly
October 12, 2005

Sylvester Stallone will direct and reprise his role as Rocky Balbao in the sixth installment of the boxing franchise, reports Production Weekly.

In the film, lonely and retired boxer Rocky Balboa comes out of retirement, intending to fight a few low-profile local fights just to keep his hand in. But when he's approached to fight a match with reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon, Rocky's modest little comeback becomes the center of a media firestorm.

Rocky 6 is scheduled to begin filming early December in Los Angeles

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
They could just combine it with a new Indiana Jones Movie, and call it: "Raiders of the Lost Nursing Home of Doom VII"

:D

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
According to IMDB, Stallone will be 60 years old next year. What is Rocky going to do in his next fight? Wallop his oponent with his sagging man-boobs? Use his graying back hair for protection.

Who would want to watch this movie? I'd almost put money on this being released straight to TBS.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Neo said:
According to IMDB, Stallone will be 60 years old next year. What is Rocky going to do in his next fight? Wallop his oponent with his sagging man-boobs? Use his graying back hair for protection.

Who would want to watch this movie? I'd almost put money on this being released straight to TBS.

Are you kidding? Stallone is in amazing shape, still. Rocky has quite the following out there. I would definitely take that bet.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
Are you kidding? Stallone is in amazing shape, still. Rocky has quite the following out there. I would definitely take that bet.

I would too.

It's not like he's releasing a Rocky movie ever couple years. I mean, the last Rocky was 15 years ago.

On another note, Stallone's next 2 directing projects other than this are certainly strange--one is a movie about the feud between Notorious BIG and 2Pac (Stallone will act in this one), the other is a biopic about Edgar Allen Poe (played by Robert Downey Jr.).

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rocky V sucked... but I love every other one. I have the DVD collection, but somebody stole Rocky III. That was my favorite

Stupid Rocky III

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Yo, Adrienne! Stallone Makes New 'Rocky'
Monday, October 17, 2005

NEW YORK — Sylvester Stallone is getting back into the ring, reprising his role as boxer Rocky Balboa in a new movie of the same name.

The film will be co-produced and co-financed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Revolution Studios and Columbia Pictures, and distributed by Columbia Pictures.

Rocky, which won the 1976 Academy Award for best picture, was the story of a down-and-out club fighter from Philadelphia who got a shot at the heavyweight title.

In the sixth installment, Stallone's character, known for his familiar greeting of "Yo, Adrienne," is drawn back to the boxing ring after retiring to face a new champion. He also faces a personal tragedy.

"Rocky Balboa is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone said in a statement Monday. "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

The film is the first to be approved by MGM since it was acquired by Sony Corp. last year, MGM said in a statement.

Shooting is scheduled to begin in early 2006.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocky kicks arse!!!!!

Side note: They play the Rocky theme at the Philly sporting events all the time. One time (can't remember when) we were watching Philly vs. somebody (I know, great story) on TV. Philly was away. Then we started hearing the Rocky theme ... at the arena! Hello?! Didn't they know that was a Philly rally song?

I'll watch it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roy Jones Jr. is rumored to play Rocky's main foe this time.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocky Balboa to Face Antonio Tarver?
Source: Wayne Smale
October 18, 2005

With the recent announcement that Sylvester Stallone will reprise his role as legendary boxing champion Rocky Balboa, BoxingTalk.com now claims to know who he'll be facing in the the sixth installment.

Moments ago light heavyweight king Antonio Tarver informed Boxingtalk.com that his representatives are in the final stages of negotiations for a deal that would land Tarver the role of Mason Dixon in the eagerly anticipated Rocky 6, which begins filming shortly. Sylvester Stallone will play Rocky Balboa, and Tarver will co-star as heavyweight champion Mason Dixon.

Stallone is also writing and producing Rocky Balboa, in which the character is drawn back to the boxing ring one last time, challenged by a powerful new champion - Mason Dixon.

Attachments

• rocky6tarver.jpg
    rocky6tarver.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 120

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Rocky Balboa to Face Antonio Tarver?
Source: Wayne Smale
October 18, 2005

With the recent announcement that Sylvester Stallone will reprise his role as legendary boxing champion Rocky Balboa, BoxingTalk.com now claims to know who he'll be facing in the the sixth installment.

Moments ago light heavyweight king Antonio Tarver informed Boxingtalk.com that his representatives are in the final stages of negotiations for a deal that would land Tarver the role of Mason Dixon in the eagerly anticipated Rocky 6, which begins filming shortly. Sylvester Stallone will play Rocky Balboa, and Tarver will co-star as heavyweight champion Mason Dixon.

Stallone is also writing and producing Rocky Balboa, in which the character is drawn back to the boxing ring one last time, challenged by a powerful new champion - Mason Dixon.

This guy looks like he'd kick some major 60-year-old ass!

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mason "The Line" Dixon

That is just too corny to take this movie seriously, I'm sorry. :(

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Mason "The Line" Dixon

That's the first thing I thought of too. It's a name I'd expect in a Mel Brooks movie (see Col. Sanders).

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Mason "The Line" Dixon

Did you see Rocky V? :shrug: