Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive noticed HDMI problems before in the past too. Cant have two sets of cords for one game. lame.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll never get this game.

ive noticed HDMI problems before in the past too. Cant have two sets of cords for one game. lame.

There are so many factors to this. How old is the HDMI cord? Early versions don't have the same bandwidth. What is the response rate of the TV your are using this on? Are you running it through a Receiver? I think that is the reason for this disclosure. They are letting customers know the path of least resistance.

I have used HDMI from day one on both my 3 year old 65 inch Mits. My son had played this game on our LG 47 inch LED TV. Both using HDMI and both with no sound issues.

Not saying people don't have issues one bit but people have problems all the time with game consoles & HDMI. People have handshake issues between TV, Receiver, Blu Ray Player and Console.

I know at least 5 people with this game and we all play via HDMI only with no issues at all with sound. We can't all be lucky. My guess is most people (not all) that have issues are the same people that would have handshake issues anyway because of some component of their system.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are so many factors to this. How old is the HDMI cord? Early versions don't have the same bandwidth. What is the response rate of the TV your are using this on? Are you running it through a Receiver? I think that is the reason for this disclosure. They are letting customers know the path of least resistance.

I have used HDMI from day one on both my 3 year old 65 inch Mits. My son had played this game on our LG 47 inch LED TV. Both using HDMI and both with no sound issues.

Not saying people don't have issues one bit but people have problems all the time with game consoles & HDMI. People have handshake issues between TV, Receiver, Blu Ray Player and Console.

I know at least 5 people with this game and we all play via HDMI only with no issues at all with sound. We can't all be lucky. My guess is most people (not all) that have issues are the same people that would have handshake issues anyway because of some component of their system.

Why would the game manufacturer not recommend using HDMI? The idea of that is absurd to me.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would the game manufacturer not recommend using HDMI? The idea of that is absurd to me.

Because there are so many factors with equipment what you do is tell everyone to use analog audio cables. Makes perfect sense to me. You ensure the easiest way for the largest number of people to enjoy the game with no issues.

However, like I said, nobody I know is having issues via HDMI. That includes a RPTV, Local Dimming LED, Plasma, LCD and Edge Lit TV's. I would say that pretty much runs the gamut.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because there are so many factors with equipment what you do is tell everyone to use analog audio cables. Makes perfect sense to me. You ensure the easiest way for the largest number of people to enjoy the game with no issues.

However, like I said, nobody I know is having issues via HDMI. That includes a RPTV, Local Dimming LED, Plasma, LCD and Edge Lit TV's. I would say that pretty much runs the gamut.

Doesn't explain why other games, even other music based games, (mainly Guitar Hero/RockBand) recommend HDMI, while RockSmith has not recommended using HDMI. They were able to program around many of HDMI shortcomings where RockSmith has not.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't explain why other games, even other music based games, (mainly Guitar Hero/RockBand) recommend HDMI, while RockSmith has not recommended using HDMI. They were able to program around many of HDMI shortcomings where RockSmith has not.

I don't think that is the case. I have owned every Rock Band and expansion pack just about and on 2 of them with my sons LCD we had to use the audio sync feature because of the delay. That didn't happen on Rock Smith.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the problem is the lag time between you plucking the string and the speaker sound. That isn't something that matters in the plastic world.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Drops today. Fixes basically every problem I had with the original. Can use the same cable, import the previous songs. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be busy butchering Everlong.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you gone from not being able to play a guitar to learning how to play it? Can you jam outside of the game or still need it to form tunes? If it actually teac hes someone who cannot play a guitar to be able to play it well, I will buy it.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Got this for Christmas...got a guitar off craigslist Monday. Having a blast over the last 2 days. I think it is funny that they say an hour a day for 60 days. I don't think I will have a problem doing an hour a day. It is fun to play.

I will report back on the progress later.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I've got a Yamaha acoustic, very pleasant sound to it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard