Rockets @ Suns game thread 11-16-17

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Thursday the Rockets play at the Suns with a scheduled 8:30 p.m. start time. The game will be televised on TNT.

It's already looking like the Suns may be short happened so I posted the thread early as injuries may be a story unto itself.

Here are a couple of tweets from Scott Bordow.

scott bordow‏Verified account@sbordow

Tyson Chandler questionable for Thursday with illness. Monroe questionable. Booker not on injury report but not feeling well

11:50 AM - 15 Nov 2017

scott bordow‏Verified account@sbordow

Triano said not sure of starting lineup Thursday against Rockets. One reason: A couple of players, including Devin Booker, fighting off respiratory issues

11:49 AM - 15 Nov 2017

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing Monroe on the court with Booker and Warren, hopefully providing some spacing since he's a legit lost post scorer. Unfortunately Booker isn't 100% but still should give us an idea of how this team could look.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's bring on Monroe!

Keeping Monroe and trading Chandler might be something to think about especially if there is a stronger market for Chandler.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rockets are a machine like old suns, I’d be happy if we lose by less than 20 on national tv

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monroe could potentially benefit this team for the next few years, if he's resigned, so I'd be for keeping him in place of Chandler. We won't know if it's worth signing Monroe until we see him playing with our team though. There were some people here who wanted to sign Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap and Greg Monroe is a different player than those 2 but I think he's also a much better fit. The real upside is that it costs us nothing to try him out for the next couple of months to see how he'd blend with our core. He might be the vet we all hoped Bledsoe would be, in that he's someone who is at their peak right now and able to lead by example.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rockets are a machine like old suns, I’d be happy if we lose by less than 20 on national tv

I just hope we keep it within 20... anything closer than that and I will get to enjoy watching Mike D use one of his patented 7 man rotations.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Monroe could potentially benefit this team for the next few years, if he's resigned, so I'd be for keeping him in place of Chandler. We won't know if it's worth signing Monroe until we see him playing with our team though. There were some people here who wanted to sign Blake Griffin or Paul Millsap and Greg Monroe is a different player than those 2 but I think he's also a much better fit. The real upside is that it costs us nothing to try him out for the next couple of months to see how he'd blend with our core. He might be the vet we all hoped Bledsoe would be, in that he's someone who is at their peak right now and able to lead by example.
'Agree. I would have been disappointed if they had turned Monroe without seeing how he fits in the with team. Having a third scorer on the floor at crunch time will make a lot of difference. Two wings and a center.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want Josh Jackson to earn his money and foul Harden Hard. Put him on the floor 5 times. Then its Lens turn, slow the game down.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is not too old to fit the timeline. He has one full contract at full effectiveness in him. That’s how you have to look at veteran players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Celtics look like they could legit be contenders in the East this year. I thought they got played in the Kyrie trade but he's been great for them and they've been playing fantastic despite losing Hayward for the season. I thought losing IT, Crowder, and Avery Bradley would be too much for them to overcome and thought their chances were over when Hayward got injured but I believe I was wrong on all fronts. Stevens is probably the best coach in the league without a title on his resume but I'd be surprised if he doesn't add one within the next 3-5 years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden can't be guarded.

Chriss with 2 PFs early in 1st quarter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harden is ridiculously good offensively. I didn't think his pairing with D'Antoni would make him better than he was but he's one of the best offensive players ever and could very well be a top 5 SG when his career is over.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need to keep playing inside, they don't have the shooters to trade 3's with the Rockets. Just keep pounding it inside and scoring in the lane and midrange. Only take 3's if they're open, they'll get plenty of chances at 3's if they're patient.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson is looking good early with 7 points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden is ridiculously good offensively. I didn't think his pairing with D'Antoni would make him better than he was but he's one of the best offensive players ever and could very well be a top 5 SG when his career is over.

Harden is an exquisite fit under D'Antoni. It's getting harder to remember the Suns played at this speed years ago with Nash.